Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferguson Ariva 120 Users Thread

• 27-09-2011 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭mdfire

Following requests on the Bargain Alert thread the following are useful links for Ferguson Ariva 120 users

Current Firmware
    Version 2.15B8

(1) Decompress the ZIP-file and copy software file to the root directory of the USB portable memory.
    (2) Plug USB portable memory into USB port of receiver.
    (3) Go to Menu->Tools->Upgrade By USB
    (4) As upgrade mode please choose: Allcode+bootloader
    (5) Select desired software file
    (6) Press start to upgrade receiver
    (7) Please wait... After upgrade done successfully receiver will reboot automatically

Due to fact that new software don't contain any user data base (channel list), as last step you have to check antenna settings and search satellite or upgrade receiver with desired channel list."Note: Please note that after the update is recommended to restore the factory settings!

Please do not upload the channel list created and stored on earlier versions of the software! Uploading the "old" list of channels can cause errors in the receiver, or even permanent damage!

Instead, we suggest uploading the list of functions FastScan use as a base to create your own list of channels."

After doing a full scan a quicker way of deleted unwanted channels is as follows:-

(1) Insert USB stick
    (2) Go to Menu->Tools->Upgrade By USB
    (3) As upgrade mode please choose: dump
    (4) Start
    (5) You will then have a file called "Dumpfile.abs" on the memory stick.

Download Ariva Editor Here
    Unzip file to a folder and double click ArivaEditor.exe

(1) File > Open
    (2) select .abs file type and then chose the dumpfile.abs
    (3) select User data base

The channel list should now show up and you can delete and move channels as you please and sort favourite groups. Save file to usb stick again as a user database. You can rename the dumpfile to what ever you want in windows explorer but remember to keep the file extension *.abs.

To upload this again

(1) Insert USB stick
    (2) Go to Menu->Tools->Upgrade By USB
    (3) As upgrade mode please choose: userdb
    (4) Upgrade file - toggle left or right to chose the file with your channel list
    (5) Start

User manual download Here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭mdfire

Channel list created with new firmware and edited into Favourite groups. DTT channels are for three rock so you may need to recan the Irish channels depending on where you live.

Download here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Outstanding, thanks

Edit: is this a list for Astra 1 ? I'm not seeing any astra 2 channels when I load into the editor ?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Tony wrote: »
    Outstanding, thanks

Edit: is this a list for Astra 1 ? I'm not seeing any astra 2 channels when I load into the editor ?

Will check when I get home tonight Tony.

Edit: I only had it set up for Astra 2a and Eurobird.If you click on the satellite information and then on Astra 2a you will see the channel list.

All channel scan for all Astra satellites and Eurobird Here

On clicking the link, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select slow download.

Load abs file into Editor and delete, ammend as appropriate. Save to USB and then flash to the receiver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

mdfire wrote: »
    All channel scan for all Astra satellites and Eurobird Here

On clicking the link, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select slow download.

Load abs file into Editor and delete, ammend as appropriate. Save to USB and then flash to the receiver.

are these all the channels that I should be receiving from a sky dish (28.2) and aerial?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Kevin! wrote: »
    are these all the channels that I should be receiving from a sky dish (28.2) and aerial?

thanks

Not necessarily. In the Installation Menu, you can choose what satellites you want to scan. The vast majority are on Astra 2A & Eurobird 1. You can als include all the other satellites bobbing arou. at 28.2 or 28.5 E. You can do a blind scan for each satellite. Just be aware that there is a huge amount of duplication between the 2 main satellites. There is also the option of saying Yes or No for scanning FTA channels. If you say No, all the subscription channels will tune in as well. You will then spend hours editing the list down to what you want, and get rid of the rubbish. In the end you will find that you will not be too far away from the list on the link above.

Not necessarily. In the Installation Menu, you can choose what satellites you want to scan. The vast majority are on Astra 2A & Eurobird 1. You can als include all the other satellites bobbing arou. at 28.2 or 28.5 E. You can do a blind scan for each satellite. Just be aware that there is a huge amount of duplication between the 2 main satellites. There is also the option of saying Yes or No for scanning FTA channels. If you say No, all the subscription channels will tune in as well. You will then spend hours editing the list down to what you want, and get rid of the rubbish. In the end you will find that you will not be too far away from the list on the link above.

I just opened that channel list with the editor, and there appears to be alot of rubbish/duplicates - has anyone compiled and exported a channel list free from duplicates and with the main ones included?

thanks

edit: found channel lists here, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055833936&page=3

I would not use those as they are previous firmware versions

I would not use those as they are previous firmware versions

thanks for the advice, if I scan with my box can I then import what's found & edit & If I do so and there are multiple entries for the one channel do all entries work?

• Advertisement

thanks for the advice, if I scan with my box can I then import what's found & edit & If I do so and there are multiple entries for the one channel do all entries work?

Yes you can do that no problem , all entries will work . The ali editor is not the best so you might find some functions easier to do on the box itself .

I've made up a basic free to air channel list embedded in the latest firmware which can be got here http://www.mediafire.com/?w55mpzddw363hcc
    Please use with caution as you can damage your box if you do not follow the upgrade instructions carefully.

Please let me know if you think any FTA channels are missing or you might like to do a bit of editing to make your own list.

I've made up a basic free to air channel list embedded in the latest firmware which can be got here http://www.mediafire.com/?w55mpzddw363hcc
    Please use with caution as you can damage your box if you do not follow the upgrade instructions carefully.

Please let me know if you think any FTA channels are missing or you might like to do a bit of editing to make your own list.

just had a scan through that list, looks great :) so basically - the channel list is included with this firmware so when I flash it to my 120 it should sync the channel list also?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Be careful with Channel 4 & +1. Do not save the Irish one. This may result in a blank screen on some (rare) occasions. Save one each of the UK ones if yous can.

jthe channel list is included with this firmware so when I flash it to my 120 it should sync the channel list also?

It will overwrite your existing channel list with this one unless of course you edit it with the editor program and thus create a new list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭foggers

Tony, there are two links on boards for the new list. Both on mediafire. Neither are working at the moment:confused:

foggers wrote: »
    Tony, there are two links on boards for the new list. Both on mediafire. Neither are working at the moment:confused:

The links are ok its mediafire thats down at the moment

Edit: seems ok now

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Derrywan

Can anyone tell me what the new firmware fixed, don't want to lose my full sky channel list and have to start over again if it is nothing significant. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Derrywan - do you need a decoder card for any of the SKY channels?
    In the version I have installed I have not seen any SKY channels available but I always chose to only pull the FTA channels.

Cheers

Derrywan wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the new firmware fixed, don't want to lose my full sky channel list and have to start over again if it is nothing significant. Thanks

If you are not experiencing any issues right now I'd stay with your current set up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Has anyone setup up their Ariva 120 to connect to the internet wireless yet? I currently have a long ethernet cable connected from the modem but it's a bit messy so I'm looking to upgrade. Anyone have any recommendations for using a wireless modem in client mode or using home plugs?

Taltos wrote: »
    Derrywan - do you need a decoder card for any of the SKY channels?
    In the version I have installed I have not seen any SKY channels available but I always chose to only pull the FTA channels.

Cheers
    Taltos, if you have a current sky sub card it will work on the Ariva 120

If you are not experiencing any issues right now I'd stay with your current set up.
    Thanks Tony

I just opened that channel list with the editor, and there appears to be alot of rubbish/duplicates - has anyone compiled and exported a channel list free from duplicates and with the main ones included?

thanks

edit: found channel lists here, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055833936&page=3

There are two channel lists posted. The first is an edited one which I created to suit my taste. As other people may have different tastes I also posted a second list for all the channels scanned in on Astra 2 and Eurobird. This enables people to edit the list in the editor without having to sit through a full scan. I suspect thats the one you downloaded.

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Has anyone setup up their Ariva 120 to connect to the internet wireless yet? I currently have a long ethernet cable connected from the modem but it's a bit messy so I'm looking to upgrade. Anyone have any recommendations for using a wireless modem in client mode or using home plugs?

A wireless bridge dongle?

I have homeplugs which i could test for you if you wish? I use them for a sonos player and they work brilliantly and i have a spare one.

Derrywan wrote: »

I was getting freezing on rte hd. Not seen it since firmware upgrade.

Thanks mdfire

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

mdfire wrote: »
    A wireless bridge dongle?

I have homeplugs which i could test for you if you wish? I use them for a sonos player and they work brilliantly and i have a spare one.

Yeh I was wondering which was the better option or worked best, I'm edging towards the wireless dongle as it's cheaper.

Got my box today, tried using an iPod Nano as flash memory but the box doesn't seem to recognize it (upgrade by USB is grayed out)

I'll have to find a usb flash drive, when I'm installing your firmware Tony do do I select Allcode+Bootloader?

thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Kevin, i'd suggest you read the step by step guide which you can download from here http://www.mediafire.com/?ji0kdvqodn3v07i

Advertisement