Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volkswagen Up!

• 09-05-2012 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

So who going to buy one?

Looks a cracking little car if your in that market for one!

Reminds me of my Lupo days! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Saw a little, little old lady driving one the other day.

i actually shed a tear with laughter.

Cool car though, all the snobs will buy them for their kids so they have the Vw brand and it looks like they spent a fortune on a new car for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

ha, can imagine the premiums going up on this car as all the buggers will be writing them off!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

anyone drove one yet?

€99 per month to buy one, albeit with a 3k deposit/trade in and 4k baloon payment!

Bringing my car in tomorrow morning for a warranty job, I'll see if I can get a spin of one for the craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

kceire wrote: »
    anyone drove one yet?

€99 per month to buy one, albeit with a 3k deposit/trade in and 4k baloon payment!
    Is that over 5 years ? That's 13k. Not bloody cheap.

• Advertisement

But its a "Volkswagen" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Any links? Pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Three years.

http://www.volkswagen.ie/en/sales/promotions/the-new-up--from-only-99-per-month.html

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

So down payment of €3,296.47 and 36 monthly payments of €99?
    That's 6860, not bad for a new car.

Ah, and the final payment of 4K brings it up over 10K

• Advertisement

I feel like dumbass... I only now realised "up!" is a name....

I am looking at it and Thinking: how many awesome and way better option out there for 12-13k eu...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

biko wrote: »

And at the end a 4 grand final payment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Wossack

looks alot like the peug 107

they related?

biko wrote: »

And the 4k baloon!

And the 4k baloon!

Well well well. How many people will get cought by this?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

Review of the 3 door version here:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭whippet

my wife has ordered one :( .. despite my best efforts for her to buy a Cooper S !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Check out the Seat 'Mii' & the Skoda 'Citigo'

Same car as the 'up!' but may well end up being a bit cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

whippet wrote: »
    my wife has ordered one :( .. despite my best efforts for her to buy a Cooper S !!!

Wow, even after test driving both?

thanks for the video.

Ha, cooper s and up! is like chalk and cheese!

Would she wait for the up! GT coming soon?

webvw-gt-up.jpg

just checked out seat's and Skoda's offering, lacking the same character, just looks like a jap city car.

I'm liking the satnav unit, look simple and nifty!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

will there be an EV option?

to be fair it wasn't a new CooperS .. but she took the Up! for a test drive and fell in love with it. She only does a handful of miles a year and it suits her.

It was me pushing the Mini as I wanted something fun for the weekends !:(

She went for the High Up!, the spec is quite impressive for a small car.

The Skoda incarnation looks terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

whippet wrote: »
    The Skoda incarnation looks terrible

I think that's the Rules at VAG: Skodas are allowed to be cheaper than the same car badged VW as long as they look like crap.

SEATs can be cheaper than VWs as long as they are made entirely from nasty black plastic inside.

They have to have some reason for folks to but the VW version!

(Audis can be more expensive as long as they look like an Audi and are less practical, see A1 vs Polo).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

damo86 wrote: »
    just checked out seat's and Skoda's offering, lacking the same character, just looks like a jap city car.

I'm liking the satnav unit, look simple and nifty!

They're all like something that the VAGboys would saying was crap looking if a Japanese company made it! (IE most people hate the Nissan Cube, but the UP! is only a Nissan Cube after the application of the VW patented MeltyRoundifier, as applied to each successive Golf ;) )

Don't get me wrong - I'm not criticising it, but I'm saying the only reason it won't be laughed off the roads of Tipperary/Offaly etc is that it's a VW rather than a far eastern make!

whats the name of skoda version? any picks of retail version?

langdang wrote: »
    They're all like something that the VAGboys would saying was crap looking if a Japanese company made it! (IE most people hate the Nissan Cube, but the UP! is only a Nissan Cube after the application of the VW patented MeltyRoundifier, as applied to each successive Golf ;) )

Don't get me wrong - I'm not criticising it, but I'm saying the only reason it won't be laughed off the roads of Tipperary/Offaly etc is that it's a VW rather than a far eastern make!
    DIdnt say there crap looking, just lacking character! ;) I was actually more pointing to the Korean makes, did a wee bit of generalizing saying Jap cars

nissan-cube-03.jpg
    Volkswagen-Up-2013-e1331758234712.jpg

VW meltyRoundifier seems to be working though!

I'll put my hands up though, I'm a VW fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,842 ✭✭✭Soarer

Can you just hand it back after the 3 years and not pay the balloon payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Soarer wrote: »
    Can you just hand it back after the 3 years and not pay the balloon payment?

Yes you can.

I've paid the deposit on one, only a grand of a deposit, mind, but I'm hopefully getting it next week. The guy in the garage is giving me a Move up for the same price as a Take Up, with the maps and more.
    3 years of €180 a month, at the end of the three years you can pay the balloon amount, hand the car back and be done with them or they'll guarantee you a trade in value so you can trade in the Up!, they'll clear their finance and the rest of the money that's left from the trade in can be used as a deposit on a new car.

I'm trading it in after 3 years and getting a beetle, but I can't wait to get this little car, it's such a lovely little thing to drive!

I thought I would post up here now .. my missus has her Up! for about two months now and I must say the little I have driven it I have been fairly impressed.

The Maps and More option is a little fiddley but once you get used to it, it's fine. Fits four adults fine, but more importantly two adults and two children in full ISOFIX seats in the back - it's the 5-door version

It wouldn't be something that would be comfortable on any type of long distance journey but road noise isn't too much of an issue and the little 1L squeeze box never feels under powered.

I still have not forgiven her for the choice, but she's happy with it !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Foxeye

I remember Honest John covering the basic model a few months ago. The engine in my judgment is a bit under powered.

Advertisement