Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Retailer Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭polishpaddy

I made an order yesterday and chose dhl and thought it would be delivered by tuesday.
    So i emailed them and he told me wednesday was the earliest.
    I got the confirmation email my goods were shipped at 9 this morning.
    But in the email it has
    Goods Shipped By: DHL Worldwide Express (EU).

But
    You can track the delivery progress of your consignment here
    - http://www.dpd.co.uk/service/tracking?parcel=

The current status of your delivery will be at the top of the list.

If the above link does not work for you please visit
    http://www.dpd.co.uk/tracking/tracking.do,
    type 123456789... into the consignment number box and click next.

Consignments will be trackable at DPD's website from approximately
    8pm on the day of despatch - or 8pm the next working day in the
    case of weekend or bank holiday despatch.
    Is dpd not a different company?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

yup.

give them a call and get them to clarify it, just have your order number handy. They can give you the shipping numbers over the phone anyway.

I made an order with them a few weeks ago, and it was a bit odd like your own. Ordered over the phone due to weirdness with my CC. turns out, they never added my email to the system so i got no confirmation of the order. Rang them up a few hours later when i copped this, and they gave me everything I needed over the phone, including the tracking number, but they still couldn't (or wouldn't?) send me an email as it had already shipped.

The order arrived the next day though with an invoice attached and everything in perfect order, but it was still just a weird process... not sure I'd order again off them after it.

I'm not alone so.

I got that wierdness with the cc too . I placed an order and it was declined.Then i'm sitting on the jacks bowl reading the paper and i get a call from england cc security lol.Then, i place my order again and it was fine.

3 days to come to ireland is a bit slow isn't it? I assumed when i chose dhl it was next day or something lol...
    I'm in two minds wether to ring them as i know no matter what i say they won't post it till later on tonight.

How long did yours take to come?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I'm not alone so.

I got that wierdness with the cc too . I placed an order and it was declined.Then i'm sitting on the jacks bowl reading the paper and i get a call from england cc security lol.Then, i place my order again and it was fine.

3 days to come to ireland is a bit slow isn't it? I assumed when i chose dhl it was next day or something lol...
    I'm in two minds wether to ring them as i know no matter what i say they won't post it till later on tonight.

How long did yours take to come?

i think it was one day. ordered around midday, shipped by the time i had rang them up at the close of business and was in Ireland by the next day. Delivered mid afternoon if i remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

I'm not alone so.

I had some wierdness with my credit card when buying from them too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Also had numerous CC shenanigans. I usually end up ringing them for orders over 300 euro

My order was over 400 quid and i should of rang them today to see is it dhl or not ,which i doubt it is. Dirty snakes.......
    The credit card thing is a bit funny . English clowns don't know how to do anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

i order parts off hardwareversand.de for my 1st self build last Friday 26th June, and got it delivered to work this morning. (2nd july 09) :D
    pretty pleased with that.

its my 1st self build so don’t have any recommendations for bad service as yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭TrevorC

Ive used komplett.ie before to get 2 sony lcd tvs, both of them arrived within 1 week of ordering.

komplett.ie =+1

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Gonzales24

hends away from ankermann, bought a custom rig there, just problems with them...
    bought an upgraded cpu cooler option>> they build in the stock cooler.
    PSU died in first week, wasnt powerfull enough
    motherboard, bought one, deliverd fully diffrent, downgraded.
    after 9 month of emailing and calling still nothing chaned...
    very unserios company....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

my friend bought a CPU here http://www2.computeruniverse.net just to see. postage was cheap, was also quick enough, got it within a week. BUT THE CHOICE. have a look for yourself. its phenomenal.

I dont think i've ever seen pentium 4s lined up with core i7s for sale. choice is great.

getting the 4650 AGP for a friend, just checking to see if those drivers will be included with it (the latest catalyst wont work on the card)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Just a wee observation, but I noticed that Elara's website catalogue has had a major cleanup. Its now possible to actually find real components in stock now! :D Given their locality to some Boards users (they don't charge for pickups AND they allow Laser even for shipped orders, eh Komplett?) and some price cuts they're now finally looking like one to watch again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭Elessar

Does anyone know what the story is with hardwareversands tracking system? My shipment was sent out but the tracking number doesn't work on dhl.ie

I tried the dhl.de site and the item displayed is one sent last year, using the same number?!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

Those tracking numbers can be dodgy sometimes. Give it a day or two after they say its been shipped then try the german site again. Look for an international road tracker, hardwareversand have a tracker built into their own site but I forget where it is..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Is Hardwareversand really worth it? I mean their prices are excellent, no doubt but they are pretty hard to deal with. Here is a summary of my order:

9 July (Early morning) - Placed my order and recieved my confirmation email. I supplied a VAT number so I needed to wait for another email from them to pay them. The order comes to €568.87 inc vat.

10 July (Afternoon) - I email them asking for the updated price as i hadnt recieved it

10 July (Late Afternoon) - I ring them and ask about the updated price, I get told that it can take a couple of days. I also enquired about updating the quantity of the order and was told I could by email.

10 July (Later afternoon) - I send them an email asking them to update my quantity of hard drives from 1 to 2

13 July - I recieve an email from "Elke" saying off :
    we confirm the modification about your order the total amount is 568,87 €

Which obvioulsy is not right, so i emailed back asking whats the story with it, does it include the second hard drive etc..

14 July - I recieve an email form a diffrent service rep, completely in german, informing me my new price is €478.04, but they do not say if it includes the second HD or not (going by the precentage reduction it couldn't include the hard drive)

14 July - I recieve an email from "Elke" saying:
    the order is include the Samsung HD103SI 1TB SATA II EcoGreen, 32 and the total amount is 478,04 € include VAT.

But I dont know if that means the second 1 TB or the first one!

15 July - I decide to just pay the 478.04 amount and see what comes. So I pay it in Bank of Ireland. From teh last time i made an order with them i knew they did not provide enough info in their email to fill out the bank transfer so I found an old thread on boards that someone listed all teh info needed.

17 July - Recieve an email saying they havent recieved payment

I've been trying to ring them since the 13th and i cant! I've rang them from my phone (which i rang them with on the 10th), My mams phone, my home phone and the work phone.. none of them even rang!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Solitaire wrote: »
    Just a wee observation, but I noticed that Elara's website catalogue has had a major cleanup. Its now possible to actually find real components in stock now! :D Given their locality to some Boards users (they don't charge for pickups AND they allow Laser even for shipped orders, eh Komplett?) and some price cuts they're now finally looking like one to watch again :)

Arctic Cooling s1 rev2: €37!!
    Peats: €20
    HPM: €16

They also still have the problem of listing the same product twice - they still have a way to go. The Asus P5Q is listed under two different entries.. with two different prices... and two different stock levels??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭mobby

Gonzales24 wrote: »
    hends away from ankermann, bought a custom rig there, just problems with them...
    bought an upgraded cpu cooler option>> they build in the stock cooler.
    PSU died in first week, wasnt powerfull enough
    motherboard, bought one, deliverd fully diffrent, downgraded.
    after 9 month of emailing and calling still nothing chaned...
    very unserios company....

+1 Avoid Ankermann very poor after sales support.

Is Hardwareversand really worth it? I mean their prices are excellent, no doubt but they are pretty hard to deal with. Here is a summary of my order:

9 July (Early morning) - Placed my order and recieved my confirmation email. I supplied a VAT number so I needed to wait for another email from them to pay them. The order comes to €568.87 inc vat.

10 July (Afternoon) - I email them asking for the updated price as i hadnt recieved it

10 July (Late Afternoon) - I ring them and ask about the updated price, I get told that it can take a couple of days. I also enquired about updating the quantity of the order and was told I could by email.

10 July (Later afternoon) - I send them an email asking them to update my quantity of hard drives from 1 to 2

13 July - I recieve an email from "Elke" saying off :

Which obvioulsy is not right, so i emailed back asking whats the story with it, does it include the second hard drive etc..

14 July - I recieve an email form a diffrent service rep, completely in german, informing me my new price is €478.04, but they do not say if it includes the second HD or not (going by the precentage reduction it couldn't include the hard drive)

14 July - I recieve an email from "Elke" saying:

But I dont know if that means the second 1 TB or the first one!

15 July - I decide to just pay the 478.04 amount and see what comes. So I pay it in Bank of Ireland. From teh last time i made an order with them i knew they did not provide enough info in their email to fill out the bank transfer so I found an old thread on boards that someone listed all teh info needed.

17 July - Recieve an email saying they havent recieved payment

I've been trying to ring them since the 13th and i cant! I've rang them from my phone (which i rang them with on the 10th), My mams phone, my home phone and the work phone.. none of them even rang!

Received the package today, Didn't receive anymore correspondance from them! I guess they are decent where it counts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

whit or without the second HD?

Forgot to mention that, without.

The price reduction didnt make sense that it included as it would have been nearly 25%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Wow last time i ever buy from overclockers.co.uk!

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Overclockers_co_uk

This site seems pretty good

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Anybody putting in a hwvs order soon?

I forgot to buy some items. Shouldn't be more than €15 but anywhere else is charging €30-€40 for them! :(

Send me a PM Jonathan if no one else is able to help and I'll see if we can sort something out.

I need to order a 500gb HD, its a bit dearer inc delivery on HWV but I'll do a bit of maths later and see exactly what the story is. I'll ask around my buddies to see if any of them need anything from them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,409 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Hey guys..any one ever used www.onestoppcshop.ie for buying parts?
    Are they any good?
    Boss is looking to order something that they only have..but wants to make sure they're ok.

cheers

No idea - first I heard of them was when I tripped over an ad for them this morning while out shopping! :eek:

Very odd selection... some disturbingly good prices on mid-range Intel CPUs and Antec cases, but pricey P2s. And they have a mITX Atom board! Aaaahh... how cute! nag.gif

EDIT: Okay... they stock the Antec 900 Mk2 for a shade over €100, and they have the EarthWatts 650W a fiver cheaper than HWVS?! Their price was sick enough as it was!

Well if its anythign to go by there vat calculations seem wrong

Example:

E5200

"€53.96 inc VAT

€46.92 exc VAT"

€46.92 +21.5% is €57

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

They are based in Derry and appear to be using the UK vat rate.

That explains the lack of Laser...

cheap delivery charges though... ~€10 flat rate

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kfish2oo2

Wow, looks good. I'll be going for these guys next time I'm looking for parts

• Advertisement

Just don't bother looking for gaming-grade graphics cards! :P

Advertisement