Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonisphere UK Headliners Announced Tomorrow

13»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

So, did any of you get a weekend ticket then? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Mushy wrote: »
    AWK is playing the Academy in April, playing I Get Wet in full.

Oh goooood.. :D a night of air punching and wedgies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

No Ghost or Soundgarden coming here so flights are booked for Spain. Waa Hoo

Again if anyone availed of the free tickets for Espana and are not going and want a few pound for them, gimme a shout........thats if anyone bought a ticket for the UK:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Nea wrote: »
    No Ghost or Soundgarden coming here so flights are booked for Spain. Waa Hoo

Excellent choice :D You can get free tickets to Sonisphere UK now if you buy the tickets for Madrid. Works out well if you can make it to both, €90 for UK and Madrid!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I should be at this for the entire weekend, I'll make sure not to work so much this year....if I have a choice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Heard from a good source that Soni UK has been cancelled, will be officially announced 2moz, also the date has been taken off Queens site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

scudzilla wrote: »
    Heard from a good source that Soni UK has been cancelled, will be officially announced 2moz, also the date has been taken off Queens site.

Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Being reported here too:http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/171618/9

Wouldn't surprise me if it was poor ticket sales tbh. They were very late in announcing their headliners allowing Download to steal a march on them.

The lack of any denial by the promotors speaks volumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Funnily enough was thinking of going for a day (Sunday), but Mastodon now playing the Academy went wasn't as pushed. Same as Andrew WK. Seeing Cypress Hill in Germany, so just leaves FNM....maybe if play their own show.

EDIT: On Queens website, a search of 'Sonisphere' gives the news, but main page isn't updated yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Yup cancelled, official announcement tomorrow morning about ticket refunds :(
    very sad about this!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Toss up for me between DL and Soni this year, DL got the vote. Now if Andy Copping could just book a few of the stragglers... have ourselves a DL thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

D.Q wrote: »
    Toss up for me between DL and Soni this year, DL got the vote. Now if Andy Copping could just book a few of the stragglers... have ourselves a DL thursday.

I think what puts a lot of people off is the fact that bands playing at the other european Sonis can be snatched by download when it comes to the UK this shouldn't happen (eg. Metallica, Machine Head,Soundgarden) if bands are part of that entity they should remain, It was rumoured not to be happening before the line up was announced and when it was apart from Kiss and a strong Sundays day out I personally wasnt convinced I ended up getting a ticket to download so on the off chance of a thursday bein added I say bring it on.

Fcuk 'em, if the Brits don't want them I'm sure MCD could arrange a Kiss/FNM Phoenix Park gig. :D:D

Fcuk 'em, if the Brits don't want them I'm sure MCD could arrange a Kiss/FNM Phoenix Park gig. :D:D

Highly unlikely, Kiss at the 02 (prob best gig I was at also) only bout 7 or 8,000 people attended and last time FNM were here off the back of their first reformation were playin in the Olympia. Love the thought of it though :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Highly unlikely, Kiss at the 02 (prob best gig I was at also) only bout 7 or 8,000 people attended and last time FNM were here off the back of their first reformation were playin in the Olympia. Love the thought of it though :)

There was more then 8000 at it from where i was

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭xtradel

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Sonisphere wrote:
    It is with very heavy hearts and much regret that we announce the cancellation of Sonisphere Knebworth 2012.
    Putting the festival together in what is proving to be a very challenging year was more difficult than we anticipated and we have spent the last few months fighting hard to keep Sonisphere in the calendar. Unfortunately circumstances have dictated that we would be unable to run the festival to a standard that both the artists and that Sonisphere’s audience would rightly expect.
    We want to express our deepest regrets to the artists and to thank all the staff, suppliers and contractors who worked so hard with us to try and pull off what has proven to be an impossible task and we know how much they share in our disappointment. We also want to send a huge thanks to the Sonisphere fans who stuck by us and we are so sorry that we can’t fulfil what we set out to do.
    Ticket holders will automatically receive a full refund direct from their ticket agents.
    Team Sonisphere.

From looks of that, they don't imply poor ticket sales anyway.

PR wise there was nothing released about this to media outlets

I don't know now whether Bloodstock is going ahead, because the people responsible for Sonisphere also promote and organize that, so there have been serious questions - Bloodstock couldn't announce their final headliner until the 6th of the 6th which leads people to believe they don't have one...but only time will tell....

I'll be off to Bloodstock if it's still going ahead and, I suppose, at least we have Download now

It's a shame because I've been to Sonisphere UK the past two years and really enjoyed the atmosphere and the friendly vibe...I've always been told it's a lot better than Download and it's never as busy or messy

Financially, I would imagine (although I can't confirm this), that they either couldn't secure KISS or they couldn't pay the finances....I knew there was trouble at least when they left so long to confirm headliners compared to the year previous.

Be very interesting to see what happens to the fans who got the free Soni Madrid ticket and have bought flights/hotels. Will they be compensated or will they still get a free ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Be very interesting to see what happens to the fans who got the free Soni Madrid ticket and have bought flights/hotels. Will they be compensated or will they still get a free ticket.

I was wondering about this myself. I have flights and hotel booked, I just need to get tickets. They want €40 postage to order them online. Soni Spain has announced on FB all is going ahead and more bands are being announced tomo

Bloodstock will probably pick up a headliner from Soni and didnt want to cause speculation by being on 2 festival line ups maybe!

There was more then 8000 at it from where i was

Poor estimation maybe prob just should of said it was not even close to a sell out,in the weeks leading up to this rumours were that they might pull out due to ticket sales as they did when they were to play the old point in 96.

Sad to hear the news about Sonisphere though, another blow to the music industry as bands depend more on tours with their material got for nothing also to the fans who'd booked flights and accommodation etc. Wasn't going but sickened to see comments which mainly include swearing and lols aimed towards the situation on social networks,don't think these people see the logic how would they feel if a festival they were going to got cancelled? not to mention jobs lost,nothing funny at all!

Yup! i bought flights at christmas so going to loose out on them! thank god i didnt book bags on at the time too!
    I know the soni crew are very dissappointed themselves. I think the real problem was when they had to shift back from August because of the olympics! I think it was too close to download then and harder to get different bands so they were competing directly with download rather than hitting a different set of bands w ith a later touring schedule!
    Also think they had thought they were going to get sabbath and when that fell through they were doomed as other festivals had soaked up the headliners.
    I am really hoping it will be back next year in august as big as ever as it really is may favorite festival of all time!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Bloodstock needs to go back indoors! to where it all began.. epic days.

Fi H wrote: »
    Bloodstock will probably pick up a headliner from Soni and didnt want to cause speculation by being on 2 festival line ups maybe!

We'll find out on June 6th

This is interesting, from companies house, UK.

All Kilamanjiro's directors have been terminated from there positions.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/4716103da76b9bd0b85634c96db11be4/wcprodorder?ft=1

I keep wondering how this effects the company who deals with their promotions, and they don't just deal with Sonisphere, but with Bloodstock and a lot of other UK and International acts who tour in the UK....this could be one of the most crippling blows in the UK music scene on both a festival and national level....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Mushy wrote: »
    From looks of that, they don't imply poor ticket sales anyway.

Their audience "just becoming more selective"

• Advertisement
Advertisement