Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo parlour in Limerick

• 18-04-2008 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a reputable tattoo parlour in Limerick City?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Danny Bullmans on Thomas St is probably the most well known in the city, dont have any tattoos myself by a lot of people i know have gotten them there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

krudler wrote: »
    Danny Bullmans on Thomas St is probably the most well known in the city, dont have any tattoos myself by a lot of people i know have gotten them there

Thanks for that dude I'll give that place a go.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

There is a forum here on Tattoo's and body piercings , you might get a better answer there .

I no some people , including my wife , that really didn't like the attitude in Bullmans , having said that the work there is supposed to be excellent .

There is also one on Broad Street , one in Foxes Bow and one on Wickam Street , I believe . The one on Wickam Street seems to be very good as I have seen some of their work on a friend .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

+1 for Danny's - Ask for FRED

• Registered Users Posts: 51,059 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

+2 for Danny Bulman's.

Had one done there about 2 months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

jonski wrote: »
    There is a forum here on Tattoo's and body piercings , you might get a better answer there .

I no some people , including my wife , that really didn't like the attitude in Bullmans , having said that the work there is supposed to be excellent .

There is also one on Broad Street , one in Foxes Bow and one on Wickam Street , I believe . The one on Wickam Street seems to be very good as I have seen some of their work on a friend .

Hmmm, what did they say about the attitude??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I no some people , including my wife , that really didn't like the attitude in Bullmans , having said that the work there is supposed to be excellent.

I second this. I find there to be a very cliquey and elitist attitude in there. I'm not bashing their work or anything, they are very good, but I do find they have an attitude in there. I've been in there three of fours times for different things and nearly every time there has been a group of people in there, friends of the workers. When I walk in everyone goes quiet. It's very very intimidating.

Hmmm, what did they say about the attitude??

Just asked herself there and she said that she found them unhelpful , in a word . I just read out ergonomics post to her and she said thats it exactly .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 rawkmahsocks

+3 For Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

+1 for the one on Wickam Street. Ross did a great job on my last tattoo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

+1 for the one on Wickam Street. Ross did a great job on my last tattoo.

Trained by Danny Bullman if I'm not mistaken?!
    LB6 wrote: »
    +1 for Danny's - Ask for FRED

Seen some of his work and its top notch. Had some done myself by Danny, but apparently you need to make a booking in advance if you want Danny to do it himself nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

wait for allstar ink to open. its goin to be the ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭xXxhotstuff xXx

i haven't had any tattoos done in bullmans but i have had 2 piercings done there by different people and thought they were all very nice in there.. i am getting a tattoo done at the end of the summer and am definately going to get it done there.. i also found they are very hygienic and helpful and i have no hesitation in reccommending them.. hope this helps!! :cool: :):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 taz30

had tatoo done in danny bulmans but not by the man himself,thought they were very helpful though.i have it a few years now and it still looks great-very little fade.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sgt. killalot

got a predator tattoo in danny bullmans recently, absolutely love it, got it done by uli, he did a fantastic job and is a cool bloke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

+ 2 for Wickham St.

Its called "Living Art" very nice guys, helpfull and professional.

Work is excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

+3 Living art is where I go.

got a predator tattoo in danny bullmans recently, absolutely love it,

Wasn't the predator invisible ??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

Wasn't the predator invisible ??:D

Only when he wanted to be ;)

Anybody been to All Star Ink yet?
    I was in there enquiring and they seem really helpful and decent, very eager to draw up some custom work for me.
    I want to go back and get some pics of work and all that shabang before I commit though.

I've gotten tattooed by Fred in Danny Bullmans and to be honest I didnt like it. He was very rough with it, could feel him dragging the needle in parts. Also he messed up the colour shading, it ended up being more coloured-in than shaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Heard some good things about All Star Ink yesterday from a guy sporting a great tat done by Danny Bullman.

Bullman's and Living Art seem to be the two with the best reps in Limerick, although what I am hearing about the guys in All Star Ink is from people that I trust the opinion of, and they are raving about how good some of the guys are.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Wouldnt recommend Living art mate to be honest. Not a patch on Danny's stuff.
    Ask to be done by Danny himself. It will probably be cheaper. The guy works at some speed and he is quite a talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Yeah but isn't Danny heading to Oz soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭o Diablo o

Is Spiral on fox's bow any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Eilie123

Rather than slate the work of others, kinda bad taste I prefer to foucs on positives..So without a doubt it has to be Allstar Ink, the newest addition to Limerick's Tattoo scene..fanastic state of the art studio and excellent "pre tattoo" attention, relaxed friendly and very professional something that other places lack big time..Highly recommend Ross

BTW;personal experience no affiliation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭rstans

Where is All Star Ink? I'm looking to get a tat finished and have heard good things about the place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

rstans wrote: »
    Where is All Star Ink? I'm looking to get a tat finished and have heard good things about the place.

Just up the same road as Living Art. I cant think of the name of it but head up Thomas St, right to the top and take a left. Either that or go up William St and take the right at BoyleSports.

Looks absolutely class from the outside, very modern. I think ill go in and try them out in a few weeks for my next piece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭rstans

I'll def have a look. need one finished and have ideas for a celtic sort of thing. Still designing it, Will post pic when I get it done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 pug_lover

Just wondering if anyones been in to All Star ink recently?? Heard some good things bout it but I'm not sure. Not too gone on on the funny looks you get when you walk into bulmans so I'm going elsewher for my next tat

pug_lover wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyones been in to All Star ink recently?? Heard some good things bout it but I'm not sure. Not too gone on on the funny looks you get when you walk into bulmans so I'm going elsewher for my next tat

Bit of a coincidence here , my wife felt the same way about Bulmans so we went in today to have a look at AllStar and came out having booked a day next week for her to get it done . The place is very clean , modern and professional and the guy we were talking to behind the counter couldn't have been more helpful , spending ages talking her through ideas and how it would be done and ball park figures . I suppose to be fair the real proof will come next week when she actually has the job done . I will post back then to say how she got on .

Edit: here is another coincidence , check out the centre spread of the Limerick Independent ...... AllStar Ink .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Eilie123 wrote: »
    Rather than slate the work of others, kinda bad taste I prefer to foucs on positives..So without a doubt it has to be Allstar Ink, the newest addition to Limerick's Tattoo scene..fanastic state of the art studio and excellent "pre tattoo" attention, relaxed friendly and very professional something that other places lack big time..Highly recommend Ross

BTW;personal experience no affiliation

Looks like I will be going to All Star Ink soon now that Ross works there, he has done all the work on my tatoo and I want to add more onto it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement