Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus route 75

• 06-02-2013 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

Anyone get the 75 in the mornings? Just wondering if it regularly gets held up in traffic. (specifically looking at the Foxrock-Dundrum leg on the 7.35 and 7.55 departures ex-Dun Laoghaire, would they be in Dundrum by 9?). Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭The Idyl Race

Niles wrote: »
    Anyone get the 75 in the mornings? Just wondering if it regularly gets held up in traffic. (specifically looking at the Foxrock-Dundrum leg on the 7.35 and 7.55 departures ex-Dun Laoghaire, would they be in Dundrum by 9?). Thanks.

No buses in Foxrock that I know of apart from the 63 through Carrickmines..do you mean Dean's Grange?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

No buses in Foxrock that I know of apart from the 63 through Carrickmines..do you mean Dean's Grange?

I'm guessing Foxrock church rather than Foxrock village.

Can't see it taking more than an hour to get to Dundrum. Especially since those buses aren't going through Sandyford industrial estate. Even their site says 40 minutes to Nutgrove which is further on.

I used to get that bus and I can remember it used to take around 30 minutes for the return journey on that section in the evenings. Can't for the life of me remember the duration for the direction that you want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I'd say the 7:35 from Dun laoghiare should get to Foxrock Church at about 7:55-8:00 and have you in Dundrum well before 9, the one 20 minutes later would be pushing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The 07:35 bus will be at Foxrock Church at about 07:50 and in Dundrum for about 08:05.

The 07:50 bus will take 35-40 minutes for the trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Niles wrote: »
    Just wondering if it regularly gets held up in traffic.

when moderately rainy, yes. on colder mornings yes. can be full too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

lxflyer wrote: »
    The 07:35 bus will be at Foxrock Church at about 07:50 and in Dundrum for about 08:05.

The 07:50 bus will take 35-40 minutes for the trip.

thought it would take longer than that purely because of the number of buses on the bus lane from Foxrock Church to Stillorgan at that time of the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Thanks all. Had checked the times on DB's site but know from experience on other routes that these aren't always practical in reality. To clarify yeah it was Foxrock church that I was referring to.

gugleguy wrote: »
    when moderately rainy, yes. on colder mornings yes. can be full too.

The bus is not going to be full at Foxrock Church heading west.

OP - the 07:55 will get you there for 08:35-08:40.

thought it would take longer than that purely because of the number of buses on the bus lane from Foxrock Church to Stillorgan at that time of the morning

It's not going to take longer than 45 minutes from Dun Laoghaire to Dundrum.

Even with that the OP will have 20 minutes to spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Find out if this footpath was built: http://www.dlrcoco.ie/media/media,6469,en.pdf OpenStreetMap seems to suggest it was: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=53.27506&lon=-6.19552&zoom=17&layers=M

You could then walk to Sandyford Luas in 20 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Victor wrote: »
    Find out if this footpath was built: http://www.dlrcoco.ie/media/media,6469,en.pdf OpenStreetMap seems to suggest it was: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=53.27506&lon=-6.19552&zoom=17&layers=M

You could then walk to Sandyford Luas in 20 minutes.

That path is there all right. Just finished a few months back. It'd be a bit more than 20 minutes from Foxrock Church though I'd reckon.

Far easier to just take the 75.

Advertisement