Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

6N Weekend One - Predictions (later score updates)

• 05-02-2005 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭

France V Scotland (France by 30pts)
    Wales V England (England by 12pts)
    Italy V Ireland (Ireland by 19pts)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

France 47-9 Scotland
    Wales 23-30 England
    Italy 10-41 Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Half time

France 0 - Scotland 6

Awful performance from France with some shocking place kicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Jaysus me heart!

The last two minutes of the half were the best from the French, Scotland did really well to hold them off.

I hope to God they can hold out for the second half and don't let France in.

The French have no decent kickers on the field and that's not something they'll have to look at for the second half and the rest of the tournament.

C'Mon Scotland!

France 0 - Scotland 9 (43mins)

France 3 - Scotland 9 (49mins)

France finally land a kick.

• Advertisement

France 6 - Scotland 9 (54mins)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

France 16 Scotland 9

We Wuz robbed :mad:

:(

meepmeep wrote:
    France 16 Scotland 9

We Wuz robbed :mad:

:(

Scotland should have a try alright although they only have themselves to blame for conceding the try to France.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Damn frogs :(

Bah! So disappointed for the Scots.

They deserved a draw at the very least.

I think all the pundits who had them written off, before this competition, now have something to think about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

KevIRL wrote:
    Scotland should have a try alright although they only have themselves to blame for conceding the try to France.

That makes it even more sickening tbh. Played so well, got robbed of a try, then made a mistake to let them win it.

I damn near cried (but maybe i'm just an emotional woman :p )

It takes a lot to make me cry and I was feelin' the same hehe!

My hopes are with Wales for this evenin'.

Wales 5 - England 0 (11mins)

Wales 5 - England 3 (14 mins)

Wales have missed 2 kicks already

Wales 8 - England 3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

damn good start to the six nations all close matches...

8-3 HT

Tight games so far yes, but the rugby hasnt been brilliant. Far too many errors in both games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Scotland must feel robbed (rightly as that was a good try). France wont be that poor again.

Wales looking good but wasting great oppotunites to get the ball wide quickly.

Also whats with the pitch? Liverpool and Chelsea have got to play a final on it in the next thre weeks!

Mike.

Wales 8 - England 6 (48 mins)

Wales 8 - England 9 (70 mins)

• Advertisement

Wales 11 - England 9

What a kick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Game over, Wales win.

Final Score 11-9 to Wales

Two terrible games of Rugby. Close but shocking skills. This 6 nations could be set up altogether for Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

If anything those poor performances will give them the kick up the arse that will work against us. Not to mention Wales with a new confident won't be fun.

My God, how the hell does someone the size of Henson make those kind of tackles? Stopping people at full pace in their tracks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

What a start to the six nations!!!!

Appauling France scrape past abysmal scotland,(even though scotland deserved to win!!) and the inspired Wales stick it to the English.

I've been to probably over 50 school boy games in Donybrook, but i never saw as many basic handling and unforced errors as i did watching the game in Paris, great contest, terrible rugby, still great to watch though, nearly the greatest ever six nations upset. If both teams intend to play like that for the rest of the tournament that may well be the wooden spoon decider, although i expect a new look french side to improve immesurably (especially half backs).
    If it needed another nail in it's coffin, tonight it certainly got it, Englands reign of terror is well and truly dead.
    Based on the opening weekend (presuming it will all go to plan tomorrow :D) it certainly looks as though the Irish will have it all in their own hands when it comes to landing a grand slam in Cardiff, and don't be suprised if wales intend on winning a grand slam in that also!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Last tuesday me and some of my friends were talking about the upcoming 6 Nations , I mentioned what a key player Gavin Henson would be for Wales , and was greeted by people not recognising the name..........needless to say I am chuffed :D .

The French will improve , but its a matter of how much . Michelak should have been on from the start , its crazy to leave someone like him out . As I see it Wales could be Ireland's biggest threat to the Grand Slam .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

G'wan Cymru. It was an awful game of rugby, a real individual effort but none the less we still beat the english. Henson is some tackler that tackle on that young fella really put him in his place. D'arcy better watch his back when they play wales and try and run shoulder first. Still cant believe we won. I really feel that Grewcock should of got sent off for that kick to dwayne peels head. Bastard.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

tomorrow,

Italy 12
    Ireland 31

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Big Ears wrote:
    Last tuesday me and some of my friends were talking about the upcoming 6 Nations , I mentioned what a key player Gavin Henson would be for Wales , and was greeted by people not recognising the name..........needless to say I am chuffed :D .

He's good don't get me wrong. But please remembr he tackled an 18yr old (soft target compared to the likes of BOD),some boot though he should have taken all the kicks. Still time will tell,hope for the good.
    Big Ears wrote:
    Michelak should have been on from the start

I actually nearly choked on my cup of coffee when i saw the starting 15 for france no wonder it was such a crap match. Michelak playing badly is still quite handy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement