Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ze Bulli

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

batch 14 of rta being done this week and i'm in batch 18

be a long wait yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I'm still waiting to get verification from the website. I can log in but I cant access the Clockworks link until I get some priveledge or other. I assume it's the verification.

aye you need to verify your account, shouldn't take long though

there's a guy on ukvapers terry0769 or something who sells wire 1 sterling for 2m incl postage, think it was a little dearer for Ireland postage but it came in about 4 days. well worth getting 2m of .15 and .2 nichrome before the RDA arrives just so you have it handy. I barely didnt run out of the wire that was supplied with it trying to learn how to make coils, and I did run out of wick :)

http://ukvapers.com/topic/16327-ukv-central-wire-stores/

aye you need to verify your account, shouldn't take long though

there's a guy on ukvapers terry0769 or something who sells wire 1 sterling for 2m incl postage, think it was a little dearer for Ireland postage but it came in about 4 days. well worth getting 2m of .15 and .2 nichrome before the RDA arrives just so you have it handy. I barely didnt run out of the wire that was supplied with it trying to learn how to make coils, and I did run out of wick :)

http://ukvapers.com/topic/16327-ukv-central-wire-stores/[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm..still waiting for verification. Is it normal to have to wait for 2 days?

it is not.. im pretty sure my verification came in a couple of minutes

I'll throw a post onto the help forum and see what the story is

http://ukvapers.com/topic/19543-new-user-verification/

mebbe someone will respond here with something helpful

• Advertisement

Jeez, thanks Sir Digby!!

It's strange as I can log in okay but wont let me do anything.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/others/3135441

Dunno how i spotted this, but sure i did anyway....

Jeez, thanks Sir Digby!!

It's strange as I can log in okay but wont let me do anything.

whats the username you signed up with, if I pm an admin with it they'll sort it out for you

eeloe wrote: »
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/others/3135441

Dunno how i spotted this, but sure i did anyway....

heh, I think that's alec76's mate. getting some wick and mesh from him in the post today hopefully]

whats the username you signed up with, if I pm an admin with it they'll sort it out for you

GreenHornet..surprise surprise....

Cheers Sir Digby!

Wonder is that yoke that eeloe posted up worth a punt? Not sure if I should chance a second hand one?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I dont think the ones on donedeal are second hand, i'd say he's a bit of a vendor, he says on the add he has juice and everything for sale.

i think it is second hand, was talking to him over email
    didnt mention the bulli clone but he was saying he has wick/wire/base to sell

i know derra is very fond of the bulli, but I dont know how good the bulli clone is
    or if it's a dripper or a cartridge atomiser

got the wick from alecs mate today

im not sure how im supposed to use this stuff, does this look right derra?

I think I might be using too much

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Did you register with a gmail account, I've been having the same problem.

stevenmu wrote: »
    Did you register with a gmail account, I've been having the same problem.

No, I registered through my normal work account. At least if we're both having the same problem it's not just something I've done wrong.

i know derra is very fond of the bulli, but I dont know how good the bulli clone is

I've just shot him off an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

It can be a dripper but you would need this..
    http://www.vapor-age.com/701-mouth-piece-to-510901-drip-tip-adapter-_p_51.html
    Best choosing stainless steel, takes a week to get and is cheap.
    You could also make a drip tip adapter out of the mouth piece.

or even just use the mouthpiece part, but ya have to unscrew it off each time to drip.
    got the wick from alecs mate today

im not sure how im supposed to use this stuff, does this look right derra?

I think I might be using too much

Well done on the actual coil, looks very good.
    Maybe bring the coil and wick level across from the holes.

Looking at that i would probably cut off 1/3 of the wick that's sticking out.
    I would use one length too, not 3 or 4 pieces, looks that way to me.
    So ya would have two loops then one loop and two pieces.

Maybe it be fine with different pieces, trial and error there tbh.
    8 turns there at what resistance and which wire?

i did use one length, but I chopped the ends off with scissors before I attached it to the LT
    ill say one thing for it it soaks up the juice really really well, it's gone see through in about half a second

that one was 3.3ohms with .15 wire

I made up another one but I used one less turn of the wick, so at the end away from the coil there's only 3 pieces sticking out.. seems to be giving a bit better flavour.

i got some mesh today as well so im gona give that a shot later on probably. I'll use the flame on the gas cooker to oxidise it.

ill try get to the post office this afternoon and fire off some of this wick
    just pm me your addy, i cant find the envelope you sent

i did use one length, but I chopped the ends off with scissors before I attached it to the LT
    ill say one thing for it it soaks up the juice really really well, it's gone see through in about half a second

that one was 3.3ohms with .15 wire

I made up another one but I used one less turn of the wick, so at the end away from the coil there's only 3 pieces sticking out.. seems to be giving a bit better flavour.

i got some mesh today as well so im gona give that a shot later on probably. I'll use the flame on the gas cooker to oxidise it.

ill try get to the post office this afternoon and fire off some of this wick
    just pm me your addy, i cant find the envelope you sent

This is the thing with repairables, ya know it works fine, it's just a matter of finding what's the best configuration.
    Some are easier than others to do that.

6 turns this time with .20 would definietly give you close to 1.8 Ohms because i know the wick is similar in thickness to Bulli wick.

But you prefer higher resistance, so maybe 6 turns of .15 be suitable.

Really just have to play with it with different wire , resistance, wick amount etc.

Easier to work with that type of wick, give it time for the wire to break in etc.

Your heating the wire before coiling yeah, should be blackish as you coil it.

Mesh could be the handiest way out of it.
    Video on oxidising

Again, you will have to work out the wire configuration, the .20 might be more suitable as it's thicker than the .15

flavour still isnt as good as i was getting yesterday, but there's so many variables.. it could be down to the coil I made, the fact that my battery isn't fully charged, the position of the moon relative to jupiter..seems to be fine wick though

i dont know if I oughta try a hybrid wick/SS first, or a straight SS wick
    SS wick would probably be easier as it's just.. make tube, make coil rather than fiddling about with wrapping the SS around the wick

--edit

no, I stopped bothering heating the wire before making the coil. I'll do that next time I make one :))

• Advertisement

flavour still isnt as good as i was getting yesterday, but there's so many variables.. it could be down to the coil I made, the fact that my battery isn't fully charged, the position of the moon relative to jupiter..seems to be fine wick though

i dont know if I oughta try a hybrid wick/SS first, or a straight SS wick
    SS wick would probably be easier as it's just.. make tube, make coil rather than fiddling about with wrapping the SS around the wick

--edit

no, I stopped bothering heating the wire before making the coil. I'll do that next time I make one :))

Yep, so many variables to try out.
    Maybe try the coil in the middle of the wick again as well.
    Best to heat the coil first, gives a better grip making it easier to coil, kind of oxidises it a bit taking less time tio break in.

Can get frustrating but you will work it out.

As for the mesh, you posted a link by Pancho a few pages back i think on UKVapers. Stick with that way first i reckon.

Oxidise mesh thoroughly.
    Cut one end at an angle so the juice can be sucked up better.

Wish my RDA was working so i could do a bit of repairing to help ya better.

yeah I have 5-6 ukvapers threasd bookmarked so I can give them a read through, gona do some googling too

thinking about it, I might wait until the weekend before I try the mesh. parents are buggering off on holiday and I'd rather not explain why I'm standing over the cooker heating bits of metal :)

yeah I have 5-6 ukvapers threasd bookmarked so I can give them a read through, gona do some googling too

thinking about it, I might wait until the weekend before I try the mesh. parents are buggering off on holiday and I'd rather not explain why I'm standing over the cooker heating bits of metal :)

Hardcore vaping !, tried a mesh configuration on the Bulli last week but i did'nt like it. I just don't seem to have the patience for mesh wick either.
    Will try it though if i ever get the RDA sent off for repair.

andreivanov86@gmail.com

chap I got the wick from, if anyones interested

he has wick, wire, SS mesh and some nic bases too.

only tried the wick so far but it's good stuff

andreivanov86@gmail.com

chap I got the wick from, if anyones interested

he has wick, wire, SS mesh and some nic bases too.

only tried the wick so far but it's good stuff

Thats the same fella as on Donedeal then is it? I emailed him through the website but I might be better to email him through his email directly?

yeah, same chap. good to deal with, he said if he gets more customers he'll be able to lower the prices of stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭alec76

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar,
    I strongly recommend u to use flame on the gas cooker to clean that wick before the first use
    That wick is temperature resistant , i think 1300-1400c' is the melting point , so no harm to use the flame ( not for too long ,till it glows red )
    it gives u better flavour from the start ( wick could be treated with something , so flame is the right thing to go )
    Another thing - human fingers could be pretty greasy , that affect flavour as well
    what u normally do :
    1)make a coil , add few drops of juice and use a flame after that ( it will clean up a wick and break in the wire at the same time )-- hold it with the pliers or somth like that
    2) Finally ,attach it to Rda and try to not touch it with the fingers too much :)
    3) test the new coil with dry burn ( if every turn of the coil glows equally red -- u did a good job , if some of the turns stay black , well , coil not done properly -- u wont get great flavour of it )
    PS.Don't forget to do dry burns regularly ( be careful though , unlike bulli , base of RDA made of derlin ,so don't melt it, like i did :)

just tried a mesh wick, and a hybrid fibreglass/mesh wick

the mesh wick was just a disaster from the get go :) I gave up on that pretty quickly

the hybrid I wasnt sure about. I was getting a strange flavour from it, and I noticed some of the mesh burning a little bit where the coil touched it. Ill try them both again but for the moment im just back to wick and wire

I did what alec suggested and burned them both over the cooker flame, cant say I notice anything different :)

Thanks for that Sir Digby! Just tried to get on there again and I have access now.

• Advertisement

oh, i saw your name in the whos online ages ago andd thought you were sorted otherwise i'd have pm'd you :)

admin pm'd me back ages ago to say he'd sorted it

Advertisement