Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I'm pretty certain that the videos for all 3pm Saturday matches cannot be shown until after they end, but all other games have live goals a few minutes after they are scored.
    :o

Ah, forgot about that. Might be purchasing it again. I'll try it again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

I'm pretty certain that the videos for all 3pm Saturday matches cannot be shown until after they end, but all other games have live goals a few minutes after they are scored.

Ah, forgot about that. Might be purchasing it again. I'll try it again tomorrow.

Can only get a refund for the same app once so be careful

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Haha, I think that's the case anyway, as that's the way espn goals works!

Let us know how it turns out, I wouldn't mind dropping 4 bucks for it, if it actually works!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Bought it. Videos for the goals don't work. Refunded.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I uninstalled the Dolphin HD browser, the features it had were nice but after only a couple of weeks I found it had gotten far too slow. I'm using opera now which is lightening fast in comparison. We'll see how long that lasts.

I also uninstalled the k9 email client and started using maildroid which so far is much better.

• Advertisement

Ste- wrote: »
    Bought it. Videos for the goals don't work. Refunded.

Damn it anyway!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Came across Qloud yesterday evening. Any of you that know of AirVideo for iOS may like this. You can stream video, music and pictures to your phone or Tablet. Even streams mkvs :)

Extremely easy to set up compared to VLC Convert and Stream. Just download and install server on your PC and add the folders.

Only using it since yesterday but so far I find it brilliant.

App

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Does anybody know of an app to make text on websites more readable? iOS has a reader button when you visit a website with a lot of text and it enlarges the font and wraps the text so that you're not constantly scrolling across the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

I uninstalled the Dolphin HD browser, the features it had were nice but after only a couple of weeks I found it had gotten far too slow. I'm using opera now which is lightening fast in comparison. We'll see how long that lasts.

I also uninstalled the k9 email client and started using maildroid which so far is much better.

Which Opera are you using? Mini or Mobile? I'm finding Dolphin to be getting very slow to load pages as well.

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Does anybody know of an app to make text on websites more readable? iOS has a reader button when you visit a website with a lot of text and it enlarges the font and wraps the text so that you're not constantly scrolling across the screen.

If you have the Dolphin Browser HD on your phone, you can install the plugin called Dolphin Reader.
    It does a good job!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

xxyyzz wrote: »

If you have the Dolphin Browser HD on your phone, you can install the plugin called Dolphin Reader.
    It does a good job!

Yep, ReadItLater is good too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Which Opera are you using? Mini or Mobile? I'm finding Dolphin to be getting very slow to load pages as well.

Dolphin is fast, but it slows over time, but as someone who flashes different roms regularly it never slows for me :D

The latest 7.4.0 beta is very quick, I'm on a fresh one week old ICS install
    http://mobile-apppz.blogspot.com/2012/02/dolphin-browser-hd-apk-740-beta.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭omg a kitty

I need some help with the stock alarm app..
    If I put the phone on standby now with the alarm set for 7:00am, sometimes the time freezes. If I unlock the phone at 10:00am tomorrow(well after the alarm was supposed to go off) it will say 11:50pm for three seconds, change to 10:00am and then the 7:00am alarm will finally go off.

Is there an alarm app that prevents the phone from sleeping?
    I know this is probably not the case because it works fine half of the time.
    Task Killer is ignoring alarm and network time updating is turned off btw

Im trying Alarm Clock Plus tonight but it will take a few weeks to see how reliable it will be on my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭28064212

If I put the phone on standby now with the alarm set for 7:00am, sometimes the time freezes. If I unlock the phone at 10:00am tomorrow(well after the alarm was supposed to go off) it will say 11:50pm for three seconds, change to 10:00am and then the 7:00am alarm will finally go off.

Im trying Alarm Clock Plus tonight but it will take a few weeks to see how reliable it will be on my phone
    Uninstall Task Killer. It's totally unnecessary on Android apart from the (very occasional) need to manually kill a process, you should never have auto-kill turned on.

Even if it's set to ignore "Alarm", it might be killing a process alarm depends on

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

28064212 wrote: »
    Uninstall Task Killer. It's totally unnecessary on Android apart from the (very occasional) need to manually kill a process, you should never have auto-kill turned on.Even if it's set to ignore "Alarm", it might be killing a process alarm depends on

The only people I have ever herd saying they have a problem with the Android alarm clock are people that were (entirely unnecessarily) using a task killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

28064212 wrote: »
    Uninstall Task Killer. It's totally unnecessary on Android apart from the (very occasional) need to manually kill a process, you should never have auto-kill turned on.

Even if it's set to ignore "Alarm", it might be killing a process alarm depends on
    Nolimits wrote: »
    The only people I have ever herd saying they have a problem with the Android alarm clock are people that were (entirely unnecessarily) using a task killer.

^^^^^
    What they said...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

If you want a good alarm though, get sleep as android. You put it on your bed and it detects when you move during the night. By doing this it can track when you are in a deep or light sleep. It will then wake you up within predetermined time period (between 10 minutes and 2 hours before your alarm) when you are in the lightest sleep. Makes you feel much more awake in the mornings. It also shows you a graph of you sleep movement and you can set it to record you if you start talking in your sleep. Theres a free 14 night trial and then it costs 99c.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

daz801 wrote: »
    If you want a good alarm though, get sleep as android. You put it on your bed and it detects when you move during the night. By doing this it can track when you are in a deep or light sleep. It will then wake you up within predetermined time period (between 10 minutes and 2 hours before your alarm) when you are in the lightest sleep. Makes you feel much more awake in the mornings. It also shows you a graph of you sleep movement and you can set it to record you if you start talking in your sleep. Theres a free 14 night trial and then it costs 99c.
    Why would I want to wake up 2 hours before my alarm goes off? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lol that app has made me laugh so many times

mg the stuff I say in my sleep

"I do not know sir, I do not know"

wtf like lol

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

sounds like a laugh, im always walking/talking in my sleep.

what is it called? sleep as android?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

daz801 wrote: »

Tried that last night, and I gotta say, I really did feel fresher when it woke me (3 minutes before the set time)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

is temple run available on android? was playing it on the missus phone last night and it was brilliant.

Also with regards rooting the phone, what are the positives, i know you can choose which software to run etc but is it really that much better, considerung im not too much of a tech geek, would i actually know what i was doing? could i still use the phoe as it is pre root and,, if it all goes to pot how easy is it to get the phone back to factory settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Technophobe

G1032 wrote: »
    :confused:

Think he/she maybe looking for someone to do all the hardwork for them..?

As in list all the apps we recommend...

>>>So, Keke, Read the Thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

rogieop wrote: »
    is temple run available on android? was playing it on the missus phone last night and it was brilliant.

See the other active thread in this forum about Temple Run causing spam to appear in your notification bar (Airpush)

Zagato wrote: »
    See the other active thread in this forum about Temple Run causing spam to appear in your notification bar (Airpush)

I'm certain that was a fake version though, as it hasn't been released for android yet according to wiki.

I don't even know what it is, but people seem to want it badly!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭budgemook

I'm certain that was a fake version though, as it hasn't been released for android yet according to wiki.

Looks to be just another running game like iRunner...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Saw the Airpush stand at Mobile World Congress today and was tempted to go over and give out to them for how intrusive their app is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

• Advertisement

madmoe wrote: »
    Saw the Airpush stand at Mobile World Congress today and was tempted to go over and give out to them for how intrusive their app is!!

You should have hurled a brick at them!! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement