Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Movies on TV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

The Prestige is on BBC 2 England in 5 minutes time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭DainBramage

Watched Copland (1997) on netflix. Hadn't seen it in yonks- still good even if the story gets a bit ridiculous.

Also worth a watch if you are a fan of the Sopranos as half of the cast can be spotted in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

On Film 4 at 9 tonight (at 10 on +10) the wonderful Zombieland is on followed by the gloriously bad but wonderfully enjoyable 80s classic Night of the Creeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭bnt

TG4, 9:35PM Friday: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

bnt wrote: »
    TG4, 9:35PM Friday: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.
    They cropped the beautifully framed 2.35:1 picture into 16:9. TV stations really need to stop doing that. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

The Wild Bunch. ITV4 tonight at 10.55

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

e_e wrote: »
    They cropped the beautifully framed 2.35:1 picture into 16:9. TV stations really need to stop doing that. :mad:

ITV and the Irish channels are barbarians in this regard.

More > Movies is screening Brian De Palmas classic of sleaze filthy stuff Body Double at 10.50 tonight (if you are on UPC you don't have this channel I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Ah, Patrick Bateman's favourite film!

I know it's not on UPC but I've noticed a number of films I've recorded finish up before the film is actually finished. Frustrating isn't the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

The Dark Knight is on RTE2 tonight at 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Speed just started on Sky. It's up there with Die Hard for me.

• Advertisement

• vidor wrote: »
    Ah, Patrick Bateman's favourite film!

I know it's not on UPC but I've noticed a number of films I've recorded finish up before the film is actually finished. Frustrating isn't the word.

If you go to settings on your UPC box you can set your future recordings to have an extra 5, 10, 15 mins etc added on to the them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Chico & Rita on BBC 4 at half ten. Decent enough adult animation.

Early mention for Blade Runner - Directors Cut which is immediately followed by Dangerous Days - the making of Blade Runner. On BBC2 next Sunday from about 10 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Early mention for Blade Runner - Directors Cut which is immediately followed by Dangerous Days - the making of Blade Runner. On BBC2 next Sunday from about 10 pm.

Is it just me or is Blade Runner hard to watch. I always seem to turn it off after 45 mins or so. I have seen it and it is good but anytime i try to watch it i can never finish it and that seems to happen every few years. Must force myself to watch this next Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Warper wrote: »
    Is it just me or is Blade Runner hard to watch. I always seem to turn it off after 45 mins or so. I have seen it and it is good but anytime i try to watch it i can never finish it and that seems to happen every few years. Must force myself to watch this next Sunday.

I'm the same, never made it to the end. Was he a ghost all along?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,377 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

The Debt starting on Rte1 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Those who have access to Channel 5, Wyatt Earp is on at 4.40pm. I preferred it to Tombstone that came out the same time but it is probably overlong. Remember losing the power to walk after going to see it at cinema in Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭RichT

An absolute favorite of mine tonight at 10.50pm on Film4

Planes, Trains and Automobiles.
    Those aren't pillows!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Layer Cake is on RTE2 at 9:35pm tomight

Sexy Beast - with Ray Winstone and Ben Kingsley is on tomorrow at 11:20pm on Channel 4
    Great movie for anyone who hasn't seen it! Will definitely be recording it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Layer Cake is on RTE2 at 9:35pm tomight

Sexy Beast - with Ray Winstone and Ben Kingsley is on tomorrow at 11:20pm on Channel 4
    Great movie for anyone who hasn't seen it! Will definitely be recording it!

Ben Kingsley gives his best performance in Sexy Beast as the great Don Logan. That is one character that will always stay with you - what a guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

The Hangover on TV3 shortly (@9pm)

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

Into the Wild on C4 tonight at 12:10 and The Lives of Others on BBC2 at the same time. Two classics.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

End of Watch on channel 4 tonight, 9:15, looking forward to seeing this again. Then American beauty is on Tv3 at 11:50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Margin call on BBC 2 tonight at 10.30. A fictional drama (although I suspect it's spookily close to the truth) about the night the American financial collapse unfolded. Kevin Spacey, Demi Moore and Jeremy Irons star.

Just occasionally the low rent channels show something genuinely rare but also quality - tonight Information TV (that's 401 on Freesat, dunno about SKY) is screening Que Viva Mexico the "lost" portrait of that country by Sergei M. Eisenstein which was stitched together by Grigori Alexandrov in 1979.

Its on at 11.30 pm.

http://www.slantmagazine.com/film/review/que-viva-mexico

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Eden Lake is on TV3 now

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Film 4 is showing For Those in Peril on Tuesday night at 12:40am.

It's a really interesting film about Aaron who is the sole survivor of a fishing boat accident that kills 5 men, including his brother. The small village they're from are deeply affected by the incident with some blaming Aaron for whatever happened. The fact Aaron can't remember anything that happened doesn't help matters. Influenced by folklore and sea going traditions and crippling grief, Aaron refuses to believe his brother is dead and sets out to bring him back.

It's a bit of a trippy watch but I thought it was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭bnt

BBC2, Sat. 1:15PM: The Gay Divorcee (1934). "Gay" in the old-fashioned sense, that is. The plot was thin back then, adapted from a stage musical, and looks just daft now - something about finding a "co-respondent" to prove adultery so that a main character can legally get a divorce. Doesn't matter: it's basically an excuse to get Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers in to the same rooms, so that they can dance their socks off.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The Selfish Giant is on Film 4 tonight at 11. Best British film of last year, in my humble opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Kick Ass is on Film 4 now.

Advertisement