Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

File Manager for MacBook Air

• 11-09-2012 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

I purchased my first Mac last week and after getting over the original excitement of owning such a beautiful piece of technology I find myself getting used to the reality of changing from Windows to OS X.

I'm getting the hang of most things Apple and they way that they do things, however, I think that Apples 'Finder' file manager app is awful when compared to Windows Explorer.

Anybody out there able to recommend a decent File Manager App?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭firkin

Anything in particular that you dislike?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Evergreen

The layout is the main issue for me. After 20 years of Windows I'm struggling a little bit in finding my way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭firkin

I know how you feel. I had a similar experience when I got my first mac a couple of years ago. I would suggest you try and stick with it for a bit longer before you give up on it.

Finder is fairly integral to OS X. I reckon its worth your while persevering with it until you become comfortable with it. But give it a bit more time and you will get there, and then you won't look back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Pathfinder has a good rep, don't use it myself as it doesn't replace Finder. I use a plugin called totalfinder that hooks into Finder. I find it does a good job and adds in some of the functionality that Finder lacks plus it's fairly cheap as well compared to pathfinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Evergreen

Thanks for your advice and suggestions, it's much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

TotalFinder gets my recommendation too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭Elessar

Wow thanks for the totalfinder suggestion - never heard of this before it's great. Bit expensive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

can def recommend pathfinder

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

I've never used anything but the "Finder". But I've never used Windows so I don't know what feature you think you are missing.

Advertisement