Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

intel hd graphics dynamic video memory technology 5.0

• 04-05-2011 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Is this any good or should i avoid it?

Please give a reason for your answer if you wouldnt mind. :)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Firstly, if you google ""intel hd graphics dynamic video memory technology 5.0"" Then this thread comes up as one of the highest listings.

I don't know exactly what "intel hd graphics dynamic video memory technology 5.0" is, but I'd suppose it's probably something to do with integrated graphics.

If all you want to do with your laptop(I'm guessing you saw this on the spec sheet of an online retailer) is browse the web and watch the odd video then integrated graphics is the way to go.

If you want to play games then you'll need a dedicated graphics card with dedicated memory. These laptops are often substantially more expensive than those with intergrated graphics solutions and you'll be looking at around 450euro for an entry level gaming laptop. Which wouldn't play the latest games very well or be very upgradable

For the same money you could get quite a capable, upgradable gaming desktop. Desktops are the way to go if you want to play graphically intensive games.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Snow joke

I did google it, and the very fist thing that came up was a link to intel which was useless, so it is sufficient to say integrated chip bad, dedicated card good.

I was curious as to why a 600 euro desktop with an i3 550 core would have such a ****ty graphics controller, i was hoping this might be a bit better, apparently not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Snow joke wrote: »
    I did google it, and the very fist thing that came up was a link to intel which was useless, so it is sufficient to say integrated chip bad, dedicated card good.

I was curious as to why a 600 euro desktop with an i3 550 core would have such a ****ty graphics controller, i was hoping this might be a bit better, apparently not.

tbh i would never buy any computer again with intel graphics

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭alejandro1977

hi all,

I'm considering buying an i3 machine with this, its cheap and has a small form factor and I don't need crazy power.

do you reckon I can use multiple monitors with it? It has DVI and HDMI

thanks

this is the computer
    http://www.dcbgroup.com/products/Computers/Desktop/Fujitsu/Fujitsu-ESPRIMO-Q9000-Core-i3-380M-2-53-GHz?prodid=36358&info=2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Well you'll be able to use two monitors no matter what PC you buy nowadays...

That particular PC isn't great value, you'd probably be better off just getting a dell at that price point!!

That PC has windows 7 professional which is one of the reasons why it's more expensive. Unless you're using the PC in a business and you need the windows 7 pro for the connectivity then just get one with windows 7 home premium.

• Advertisement
Advertisement