Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda McLoughlin RIP

• 14-12-2009 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

RIP Garda Gary McLoughlin. Thoughts are with his family and friends.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

RIP,

Sad that 2 members lose their lives in the same county in the same year while in pursuits

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

R.I.P, thoughts with family and friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭santosubito

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Porridgemonster

Very sad at this time of year as well.
    R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,266 ✭✭✭source

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

RIP and condolences to his family, friends and colleagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

RTE NEWS wrote:
    Witnesses sought after garda dies in crash

Monday, 14 December 2009 11:49
    The Minister for Justice and the Garda Commissioner have expressed their sadness at the death of a garda from injuries he sustained in a collision in Co Donegal yesterday.
    24-year-old Garda Gary McLoughlin died in hospital early this morning following a collision at Lisfannon in the early hours of yesterday morning.
    Two garda detectives saw a car drive off at high speed at a filling station near Buncrana in northeast Donegal at around 1.30am.
    Some time later, a car driven at high speed collided with a garda patrol car being driven by Garda Gary McLoughlin.
    Garda McLoughlin's colleague and the driver of the other car are in a stable condition.
    Minister for Justice Dermot Ahern expressed his sincere condolences to the garda's family and colleagues.
    In a statement, Garda Commissioner Fachtna Murphy said that his thoughts and prayers - and those of the entire force - were with Garda McLoughlin's family.

An investigative team from the Garda Ombudsman Commission was at the scene all day yesterday.
    The Commission said it is satisfied on the basis of the available evidence that it does not need to lead the investigation, so An Garda Síochána will head the inquiry.
    The Garda Ombudsman Commission is appealing for witnesses.
    They are looking for anyone who was travelling on the Letterkenny to Derry road between 1am and 2am yesterday morning.
    In particular they are interested in a red Opel Astra with Northern Irèland registration AHZ 5912 and a navy blue Ford Mondeo Sedan registration 07 D 8652.
    Anyone with information can contact the witness appeal line on 1890-600800.

Source

RIP, condolences to family, friends and collegues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

RIP Garda Gary McLoughlin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 t00116131

RIP thoughts are with family friends and colleagues

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭1922

shocking....

RiP

condolences to family, friends and colleagues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

REST IN PEACE,
    and today as we go out to put our lives on the line to protect total strangers, remember that it could be our last shift.
    Puts everything in perspective really.

I cant even imagine what their loved ones are going through right now.

My deepest sympathies

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭crashplan

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

May Garda Mc Loughlin Rest In Peace. I feel for his family, friends, comrades and all who knew him. He was such a young man with so so much yet to achieve. I hope everyone finds peace over this period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭pah

What a Tragedy.

RIP Gary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

RIP. Such a young live to take away from someone and a terrible time of the year for anybody to loose someone they love and cared for.

Thanks for all your work and dedication, you will never be forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

RIP Garda McLoughlin and my deepest condolences to family, friends and colleagues.

As of 7am this morning, the Irish flag at my station is at half mast in memory of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Straighttalker

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

RIP

Condolences to his family, friends and colleagues

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pure_mule

Rest in Peace. Thank you for serving your community with such bravery. Your family and collegues are in my thoughts. Respect to all members of An Garda Siochana that face similar dangers in your daily duties.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,631 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Awful news.

RIP Garda McLoughlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭pingu2008

R.I.P
    my Deepest Sympathy to all his family, friends and colleagues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

RIP Bud.

Condolences to his family, his friends and colleagues in Buncrana :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

R.I.P
    Garda Gary McLoughlin
    Thoughts and prayers are with his family and commrades.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Very bad news to hear.

RIP Garda Mc Loughlin.

Advertisement