Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

God of War Ascension

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I always find it funny when people complain about Kratos being a dick and constantly shouting. It's not like he's God of Bunnies and Flowers. :)
    But to be honest, I understand the story so far to be "Wife and daughter killed and ashes stuck to him. And because of that he went after Ares. from there he got bored being a God, interfered in something, got kicked out and wasn't happy about that and so wanted revenge on the big boss. And kill the titans for the hell of it"

So not like I'm heavily invested. Because to me they're just fun hack and slash games.

I actually quite liked the story. But it's a bit more complicated than "he got bored being a God, interfered in something, got kicked out and wasn't happy about that". Zeus was his father and the Fates told Zeus that his son would overthrow him, just like Zeus overthrew his father Cronos and the rest of the Titans. That's why Cronos used to eat any male sons he had, to prevent it. But Zeus survived, freed his brothers and overthrew the Titans.

Zeus found out Kratos would overthrow him (he didn't initially know Kratos was his son), so killed him. But Kratos survived and then tried to kill Zeus in revenge.

They're fun hack & slash games, but I actually really enjoyed the whole story

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Penn wrote: »
    They're fun hack & slash games

They really are. The story is crazy, but the gameplay is fun, that's definitely something they got right. I started at GoW 3, and absolutely loved it, despite how batsh*t bonkers it is!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

oh ;)
    its been a while since i played the game. think i played and completed it when it came out two years ago... question is why not continue then?

There's no-one left to kill.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

whiterebel wrote: »
    There's no-one left to kill.....;)

I'm sure he could travel through time and take on Mayan/Norse/Japanese mythology!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Multiplayer Gameplay!

Looks good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Poor cyclops :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

wes wrote: »
    Bit disappointed that its a prequel, but then I guess there aren't really many places to go after 3.

There are other gods.

814155141_3dnYd-L.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Live action trailer.

Also, how has there not been more talk about this game on this forum? From everything I've been reading it's shaping up to be better than GoW3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Also, how has there not been more talk about this game on this forum? From everything I've been reading it's shaping up to be better than GoW3.

Cause i cant help but feel they are milking it abit, and with the inclusion of multiplayer alot of fans seem to think it may dilute the singleplayer experience. Plus the fact that its a prequel and lets be honest, none of the prequel games had a patch on the main 3 games. Although it IS a PS3 and not a psp title so im sure the gameplay, graphics, and massive set pieces will be mind blowing, but as far as the storyline goes im pretty "meh" about it.

I haven't been chatting on boards about it since im on a media blackout just to avoid ruining any of the epic moments that are yet to come, but for sure ill be getting it day1 as im a massive GoW fan

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Morpork wrote: »

Looks like more of the same. yay :D graphics are excellent, the scale is phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,755 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

If I preorder this on amazon.co.uk

Do i also get the the last of us demo?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I just put a pre-order for the Collector's Edition of GOW: Ascension there today. Cannot wait for this game. Epic is the word for the series. CE looks pretty sweet too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Gentlemen, whats the cheapest place to get this online? Don't need it on release day.

Best i go so far is Amazon at €46 with free delivery. No doubt it will be €60 in gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,430 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So, I only played GOW 1 in this series and thought it was brilliant, really don't know why I never played any of the rest of them. Looking at vids of the GOW 4 demo and it looks like a great laugh so I said I'd look up the previous games and turns out I have GOW 1 HD free on PS+, never even realised that! Definitely gonna play through that again. Is GOW 2 any good or is it worth just going straight to GOW 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

sheehy83 wrote: »
    So, I only played GOW 1 in this series and thought it was brilliant, really don't know why I never played any of the rest of them. Looking at vids of the GOW 4 demo and it looks like a great laugh so I said I'd look up the previous games and turns out I have GOW 1 HD free on PS+, never even realised that! Definitely gonna play through that again. Is GOW 2 any good or is it worth just going straight to GOW 3?

I think GOW1 HD for free is a new one this week. Set it to download last night myself.

GOW2 was my favourite. Absolutely magnificent game and definitely worth playing. GOW3 is a lot more of a spectacular than the others, but still incredibly fun to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

God of War 2 is probably the best one imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,430 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Good timing so, ah pity the HD collection wasn't free the shnakes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The demo is now on PSN. Graphics are very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I have a code for a free God of War Ascension Theme if anyone wants it? First one to reply to me, I will PM with the code

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

Personally, I cannot wait for this. played and loved every second of the trilogy,from its immense battles to breathtaking effects and outstanding enormous scenenary in all its gigantic form. cannot wait to see what ascension brings to the table. Sony always seem to bring out a God of War title to burn out your PS console by making it work for every single frame just in time for to buy a new model.Nice!!!! roll on Friday week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Me neither. I've never played any of the GOW series on PS3 and when I collected my PS3 console from my g/f's brother last night, he handed me GOW3 among the bunch of games. Pooping a little was an understatement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Spent a good 4 hours playing it on Tuesday and it's pretty much exactly what you'd expect. That is to say it's essentially identical to GOW3. Fans will love it, but probably feel it's gotten a bit jaded by the midway point. Haven't properly played the multiplayer to be able to comment on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

COYVB wrote: »
    Spent a good 4 hours playing it on Tuesday and it's pretty much exactly what you'd expect. That is to say it's essentially identical to GOW3. Fans will love it, but probably feel it's gotten a bit jaded by the midway point. Haven't properly played the multiplayer to be able to comment on it

What do you think of GOW3? I haven't played it yet but may throw it in tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I thoroughly enjoyed it but, again, felt like I'd seen it all before by the time the novelty of the epic scale wore off. They're fantastically fun hack and slash games in short sharp bursts, but despite doing it for the first two, I can't imagine myself sitting down to play through Ascension in one sitting. 4 hours on Tuesday was pretty painful in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The demo was sublime. I am playing through the first three games atm in preparation for Ascension :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Cant wait, massive GOW fan.

shuffles03 wrote: »

What do you think of GOW3? I haven't played it yet but may throw it in tonight.
    blow your mind!

NinjaK wrote: »
    Cant wait, massive GOW fan.
    snap!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,027 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Moved to main games category!

Advertisement