Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lightest cigarette on the market?

• 05-02-2007 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭

most of the time when i smoke it's due to habbit and not always craving, eg after a lecture i smoke, or on breaks at work etc. I've managed to cut down to 10 a day, and i'm smokng lighter cigarettes than i used to (Marlboro red -> Camel lights) i was wondering what's the lightest cigarete on the market in terms of nicotine, as i want to wean myself before i quit fully

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Bad idea, when inhaling tobacco smoke the longer you hold it in the more nictoine you absorb. This is unlike cannabis where you inhale and should exhale immediately since it is all absorbed right away. Your body/brain/subconcious realises this with tobacco and you will end up holding onto that smoke in your lungs until your addiction is satisfied. You end up far worse off health wise, your are exposed to more of the crap for longer. Remember the nictoine is not really that bad a thing, it is the other crap you are inhaling.

If you insist on smoking cigarettes (or cannabis) then you are better off getting the strongest you can, so you inhale relatively less plant smoke along with the drug you desire. An alcoholic changing from beer to whiskey does not drink the same 10 pints.

If you still want it due to habit you are better off breaking off a full cigarette and smoking half a strong one to reduce your intake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_and_I

rubadub wrote:
    This is unlike cannabis where you inhale and should exhale immediately since it is all absorbed right away. You end up far worse off health wise, your are exposed to more of the crap for longer. Remember the nictoine is not really that bad a thing, it is the other crap you are inhaling.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

silk cut ultra, or whatever they are known as these days.

1mg tar, 0.1 nicotene.

I_and_I wrote:
    :confused:
    Something I can clear up?

There are nictoine free cigarettes out there these days. Might have to order online.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Pat the Baker

i remember having one of them before, they are horrible

i remember having one of them before, they are horrible
    Were they made from nictoine free tobacco? or just some other herbs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Pat the Baker

Im not sure, i think there might have been herbs in them but i didnt buy them

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

do chemists still sell those herbal cigarettes?
    they were rancid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I had a Silk Cut Ultra before. It's like smoking air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭sudzs

No need to go online, you can get them in all Health shops. Ask for NTB's... about €2 a packet. (horrible though)

Whereas "real" cigarettes are delicious!!!

Have to say light cigarettes are responsible for the increased lung cancer rates in women who tend to smoke them. They also tend to get a different type of lung cancer associated with inhaling the smoke deeper to get the same hit.

Because you get less nicotine with a regular drag, you end up taking huge drags and suck it deeper into your lungs.

So probably less damaging to smoke half a Major!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aquarius777

Try electronic cigarettes - I smoked for 23 years 20+ cigarettes a day. It took me exactly one day to stop smoking regular cigarettes and start using electronic ones :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Atrtack of the Zombie Thread!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement