Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,856 ✭✭✭dodzy

smurphy69 wrote: »
    Anybody know how to get the new UPC horizon app working on a jail broken device?
    install xCon (free) from Cydia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭smurphy69

i did this and it got by the jailbreak pop up but then no video loads.
    Does it work for you?

i did this and it got by the jailbreak pop up but then no video loads.
    Does it work for you?

Yes. You do know that you (unfortunately) have to be on your UPC wifi network to avail of the feature ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭smurphy69

Yes i am aware of this and i am on both upc broadband and digital tv.
    May i ask what source you got your xCon from please?

Yes i am aware of this and i am on both upc broadband and digital tv.
    May i ask what source you got your xCon from please?
    Modmyi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

iPhone 4S got stolen, need to get my 3gs going again, but iv changed networks since, any recommendations or tutorials on how to unlock an 02 3gs to work on any network?

Or will i have to downgrade from 6.1.3 first?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

I bought an Iphone 4s on Ebay over a year ago that is locked on the Meteor network. I want to get it unlocked and Meteor are prepared to unlock it for me. The seller has to go to Meteor's website and log in with the original phone no that came with the phone and disassociate the phone and the number and then Meteor will unlock it for me.
    The problem is that the seller can't seem to find the number that came with the phone as the phone was brand new and sealed when I bought it. Is there any other way of getting or releasing the phone from this no. Or if that can't be done has anyone used this gevey sim to unlock a 4s on Meteor or Emobile.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

I've deleted auxo and ayecon and my weather app still isn't working. Anyone got any ideas please?

I have an Ipad 2 on version is 4.3.3. When I got it I jailbroke it. I don't want to update it because I would lose the jailbreak. How do I reinstall the ios version thats on the Ipad so that I can jailbreak it again. The reason I want to do this is that the Facebook app on it has stopped working properly so maybe reinstalling the ios might fix it.

pbarr wrote: »
    I have an Ipad 2 on version is 4.3.3. When I got it I jailbroke it. I don't want to update it because I would lose the jailbreak. How do I reinstall the ios version thats on the Ipad so that I can jailbreak it again. The reason I want to do this is that the Facebook app on it has stopped working properly so maybe reinstalling the ios might fix it.
    Just delete the facebook app and re-install ?

• Advertisement

dodzy wrote: »
    Just delete the facebook app and re-install ?

No good I've already tried that a few times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

pbarr wrote: »

You're on very old firmware. Why not update to 6.1.2. You can download that particular firmware directly from here, go to iTunes and press shift + restore button on iTunes to select your downloaded firmware. Re-Jailbreak it again here afterwards. You will start running into problems with apps that you can't download because of your old firmware so you're better off updating really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,470 ✭✭✭✭guil

AntiRip wrote: »
    You're on very old firmware. Why not update to 6.1.2. You can download that particular firmware directly from here, go to iTunes and press shift + restore button on iTunes to select your downloaded firmware. Re-Jailbreak it again here afterwards. You will start running into problems with apps that you can't download because of your old firmware so you're better off updating really.

Do blobs still work on an iPad 2 and that's if he saved them

guil wrote: »
    Do blobs still work on an iPad 2 and that's if he saved them

Doesn't look like they work for the iPad I can't find any guides explaining how to do it anyway.
    I tried updating to iOS 5 but keep getting error 3194 even after using tinyumbrella or editing the hosts file manually. Haven't tried 6.1.2 yet.
    I don't want to update to 6.1.3 because there's no jailbreak for it.
    Anyone know of other solutions for the error 3194 apart from editing the hosts because it hasn't worked so far but maybe it'll work with 6.1.2.

The reason to edit the hosts file is to use the blobs to restore to an unsigned firmware. I'm not sure but I think apple might have somehow made them redundant and nearly sure that's the case with the iPhone 4S and 5.

In TU click fetch blobs and it will tell you if cydia has any blobs on file for your iPad

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭whellman1030

I'm thinking in buying an IPhone 5 from Meteor. Will I be able to unlock it to use with any network when I go to Portugal, and will I be able to get the Apple application for free?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I'm thinking in buying an IPhone 5 from Meteor. Will I be able to unlock it to use with any network when I go to Portugal, and will I be able to get the Apple application for free?

Are you going Bill pay or PAYG? If PAYG just buy the phone direct and unlocked from Apple as it will be locked if you buy it from Meteor (whether PAYG or BillPay). Don't have an iPhone 5 myself so can't comment about unlocking it but if you are a PAYG customer just buy from Apple unlocked to save yourself a world of pain and hassle.

Stinicker wrote: »
    Are you going Bill pay or PAYG? If PAYG just buy the phone direct and unlocked from Apple as it will be locked if you buy it from Meteor (whether PAYG or BillPay). Don't have an iPhone 5 myself so can't comment about unlocking it but if you are a PAYG customer just buy from Apple unlocked to save yourself a world of pain and hassle.

I will buy by Bill pay. So my question is if it is possible to unlock the phone and get apple apps for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

I will buy by Bill pay. So my question is if it is possible to unlock the phone and get apple apps for free?

No it's not possible. The phone will be locked and probably have latest software, so no jailbreak.

No it's not possible. The phone will be locked and probably have latest software, so no jailbreak.

Thanks. What if I go for an IPhone 4s or even 4, can it be unlocked and can I have free access to apple apps??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭sdowling04

Hi all,
    Im currently trying to unlock my iphone 4s on ios 6.1 locked to three Ireland with a gevey ultra s I bought off ebay. I have tried several attempts using the carrier codes 2720501, 2720500 and 2720570 to no avail :confused: Can anyone give me any advice??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

david75 wrote: »
    I've deleted auxo and ayecon and my weather app still isn't working. Anyone got any ideas please?

If you have appcake installed you'll need to delete it and reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Tried installing XMBC on Cydia but keep getting errors. I have tried cleaner on Cydia to remove any bad installs , etc.

BhKfFLD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Tried installing XMBC on Cydia but keep getting errors. I have tried cleaner on Cydia to remove any bad installs , etc.

BhKfFLD.jpg

I got errors until I tried adding this source : http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2012/05/01/installing-xbmc-on-your-ipad-iphone-or-ipod-touch/

Once you get it installed I highly recommend using http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2012/12/16/instantly-configure-xbmc-on-your-ipadiphoneipod-directly-from-your-device/ . Its a one click complete configuration available from cydia. Takes all the pain out of xbmc and adds all the best sources automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I got errors until I tried adding this source : http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2012/05/01/installing-xbmc-on-your-ipad-iphone-or-ipod-touch/

Once you get it installed I highly recommend using http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2012/12/16/instantly-configure-xbmc-on-your-ipadiphoneipod-directly-from-your-device/ . Its a one click complete configuration available from cydia. Takes all the pain out of xbmc and adds all the best sources automatically.

That's the repository I was trying to install initially :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

That's the repository I was trying to install initially :confused:

Ah that's a shame:/

Could you try to manually install it via something like ifunbox?

Ok, I've been in a shop in shop street and they say they can unlock IPhone 5 if it's from Vodafone or O2 Only (about 85€).
    I wonder if we can unlock also the apple store, and if we can unlock the phone at home for free.

Ok, I've been in a shop in shop street and they say they can unlock IPhone 5 if it's from Vodafone or O2 Only (about 85€).
    I wonder if we can unlock also the apple store, and if we can unlock the phone at home for free.

No

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

alright guys, my sister gave me her iphone 4 because she upgraded, problem is she lives in london so it's under orange. I went to a place to get it unlocked here in a town outside cork and they told me they can't unlock Orange phones because we don't have Orange in the republic.

Should I try another few places or should I wait until the next time I'm in the UK (could be months...) ...sorry if I sound like a noob...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

HowAreWe wrote: »
    alright guys, my sister gave me her iphone 4 because she upgraded, problem is she lives in london so it's under orange. I went to a place to get it unlocked here in a town outside cork and they told me they can't unlock Orange phones because we don't have Orange in the republic.

Should I try another few places or should I wait until the next time I'm in the UK (could be months...) ...sorry if I sound like a noob...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-iPhone-4-4s-100-Permanent-iTunes-Factory-Unlock-Orange-UK-Unlocking-/281081666581?pt=UK_Phones_Software_RL&hash=item4171c5dc15 not cheap.you might be better asking your sister to request a unlock off orrange as it would be free

Advertisement