Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivery from US to Dublin by USPS

• 07-04-2008 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi
    I have ordered an item of a site, and they are shipping using USPS,
    and they have given me an USPS tracking Number, has anyone had anything delivered using USPS, if so do you know which postal service they use once item arrives in Ireland, as I live an apartment with secuirty gates, and I am wary of not being in, and the courier service not having access to leave me a note. Post Office have access to through security gates, but no other service does.
    Also is the USPS trackin number also valid with the other courier/postals service, or is the seperate one, which I need to get from USPS

Thanks

Sean

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

USPS is the American version of An Post (i.e. their national mail carrier) so AFAIK it'll come to this end through An Post. I've never had anything from them that was delivered via any other means, always through An Post, never a courier.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

yeah it should come via An Post and you can track the item once it's in Ireland through here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Sean1980

Thanks guys,
    do you know if its the same USPS tracking number that will be used by AN POST? i have tracked the item via USPS which says it left US yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

Sean1980 wrote: »
    Thanks guys,
    do you know if its the same USPS tracking number that will be used by AN POST? i have tracked the item via USPS which says it left US yesterday

yeah, they use the exact same tracking number.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

im having the same problem , but my tracking number isnt working with an post anyone know why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

pow wow wrote: »
    USPS is the American version of An Post (i.e. their national mail carrier)
    Yes, USPS is US post, while UPS is united parcel service which are couriers.
    im having the same problem , but my tracking number isnt working with an post anyone know why?
    There is no problem, it not working is normal!

Mine usually only works after I have recieved the item. USPS are usually very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mirzairl

hey would any1 know how long it would take to get from CA(californa) to Dublin ? ? it was shipped from usps on the 23rd thx

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Steak wrote: »
    yeah, they use the exact same tracking number.

If it's registered An Post add their own registered label when it gets to Ireland.

The USPS site is dead slow for tracking things - seems to get updated well after the fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 cool girl

hi does any one know how long its takes to get from the us to ireland delivery by usps and will i get charged customs for a laptop ??? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

cool girl wrote: »
    hi does any one know how long its takes to get from the us to ireland delivery by usps and will i get charged customs for a laptop ??? thanks

7 - 12 days at this time of year.

Yes you will get charged by customs

about 4% duty unless a taric number / exact description is attached + 21% vat on combined cost of computer + cost of shipping + duty (if applied) + €6 an post fee.

So if computer was $500, shipping was $50 and duty is 4% the approx total will be €120 due to an post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

I use USPS a lot and their tracking number details gets updated on their own website. You really shouldn't have to go to An Post to check their tracking. I usually find their tracking info up to date even with in Ireland.

Edit: Just to add when your parcel hits customs the USPS tracking wont update until it leaves customs. so there could be a few days of no update if your parcel is stuck in Customs. Customs hit and miss as well with their turnover of parcels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 uchman

I am having the same problem with USPS shipment to Dublin. My item was shipped two weeks ago (6th July) from USPS New York to Dublin on a priority shipment.Track # has not been updated since last week and am wondering why I am yet to get my delivery.I checked the anpost track system but they don't have any record of my parcel.
    Anyone know why I am yet to receive my parcel after two weeks of shipment? I will appreciate your response.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Please do not resurrect 7 year old threads. start a new one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement