Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone play first person view?

• 23-02-2012 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭

i lasted about a minute using this view before looking for the key to change it. fighting would make you nauseous, even walking is shaky. plus your viewing circle is terrible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

only way i play it. much prefer it to the 3rd person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Yea, I think most people who play this type of game plays in first person view

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

really?? thought it would be the other way around tbh..

fps view for sword fighting just doesn't look right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i only ever jumped into 3rd person sometimes and only when i was on a long walk through some nice scenery. zoom out as far as I could, fiddle with the fov a bit and just enjoy the view.
    but then back into first person when i actually had to do anything

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

i just find everything easier. seems to fit RPGs nicely. i would never use 3rd person in a FPS shooter though.

i play on a PC btw. maybe 3rd person is harder on consoles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

I play third person most of the time, only swapping to first person for fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Never use 3rd person - switched immediately into 1st person, found 3rd person too juddery and just disconnected. Guess a layover from Dungeon Master....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I always use first person. Third person looks gammy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Only play first person - play on PC. Same with earlier Elder Scrolls games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Always 1st person.. occasionally switch to 3rd person if trying to look around etc/find something!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭lasersquad

I didn`t even know you can use 3rd person when first firing Oblivion, only stumbled on it while redefining keys.

For me 1st person is one of Bethsoft`s titles main strengths. 3rd is ok in some games, but you-are-there will always be superior to me. Glad Ken Levine knows this, shame Deus Ex:HR people didn`t (shudder to think this might be the case with Thief 4).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Epilnogis

I hate it in the 3rd person view, I would only go to third person if I'm on horses if I need to check my surroundings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

1st person only works proper on pc games really. If you're haing a problem with it try changing the field of view as it's preset very low and can make you feel ill and slightly crosseyed.

To change field of view bring up the console by pressing the key to the left of the number 1 on your keyboard, then enter the following command

fov 90

That will increase the field of view and make for a better first person experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

works fine on consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

FP4LYF. In TES anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

1st person for daggers, magic, archery and thievin'

3rd person for 2 weapons.

Advertisement