Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will I ever find him? ** Charlie home safe!! **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

So pleased for you and Charlie! That's the best news, good on you for not giving up looking for him hopefully others who have lost their pets will see this thread and know that there's hope.

If not already make sure he has an id tag (a largeish one that's easy to read) on his coller just in casey, identitag are a great site and that he's microchipped (if not already).

So pleased he's home with you tucking in to some nice food and cosied up by the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭realrebel

jesus that brought a tear to my eyes when i read that he was found
    i say charlie is delighted to be back and wish him all the best from now on
    fair play for not giving up on him

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fitzg

Yay :) congratulations Awman and Charlie and well done to everyone who helped too, I'm so glad it worked out well

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

So pleased for you and Charlie! That's the best news, good on you for not giving up looking for him hopefully others who have lost their pets will see this thread and know that there's hope.

If not already make sure he has an id tag (a largeish one that's easy to read) on his coller just in casey, identitag are a great site and that he's microchipped (if not already).

So pleased he's home with you tucking in to some nice food and cosied up by the fire.

Just seen a lovely photo of Charlie on Facebook on his bed in front of the fire, tail wagging away.

I tell you what, we may be a bunch of big softies but this story has done my heart all kinds of good :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

been keeping on eye on this thread and am going to bed now with a warm heart,fantastic news.

Welcome home from your adventures charlie xxx:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Blogger50 wrote: »
    I tell you what, we may be a bunch of big softies but this story has done my heart all kinds of good :D
    Ive never seen a lost and found thread as popular as this one on here ever. We all seem to need some really good news lately and this just hit the spot!!!

Tis restored my flagging faith in people i tell ya....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

anniehoo wrote: »
    Ive never seen a lost and found thread as popular as this one on here ever. We all seem to need some really good news lately and this just hit the spot!!!

Tis restored my flagging faith in people i tell ya....:p

I totally agree with you.

This is my forum of choice on boards but I don't post much as I am nowt but a humble dog servant of three years and not much of an expert.

Most people come here looking for advice and there are loads of people here to help.

However, this thread is a different story altogether and I feel like a bit of a stalker because I have posted on it so much. I just couldn't get Charlie out of my head and I hoped every day for the post saying he was home. I was delighted when it finally came.

It was a lovely thing to see though, everyone was willing him home and being positive and supportive to the OP.

So glad for the happy ending.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

Thought I'd just check the forum before bed - and oh WOW! So happy for you and Charlie - I bet you can't take your eyes off of him :) I've got tears pouring down my face! What a great result - made my day!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

sooooo happy for you! congratulations!

This has made my day. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

congratulations on getting your dog back!!

I was curious about the place where he was found, how far away was it from your house? I always thought that dogs and cats can usually find their way back home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭whats_my_name

I read this on the train and cried!!! woman across from me asked was i ok&told her the whole story & she started crying too!! Pair of saps!! Sooooo happy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

That had me in tears, so so happy for you!!
    And well done for never giving up! The world would be a better place with more dog owners like you

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Mikko Mallikas

Brought a tear to my eye too, glad you are home where you belong Charlie after your adventure.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭thrilledskinny

Sooo happy for you !
    My partner and me have been following your story on boards and are over the moon that you've found your dog, poor pet he musta been traumatised....
    Cant believe you found him......both you and him are soooo lucky ;-)
    take care...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Unbelievably great news. Great job on not giving up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Great news

Well done OP on all your efforts

Now fatten up the dog :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

Welcome Back Charlie.

It is great to hear he is back after so long.
    I wonder why no one reported a dog that was going around looking really skinny or even take him in and feed him until the owner was found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

I saw a lab out walking this evening and, for the first time in a while, didn't feel like calling "Charlie!", just in case it was him!!!
    I think every time I see a lab in future I'll think of him - he is a part of us Boardsies now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

And come back in a few weeks OP with pics when he's added some healthy weight and feeling stronger

We want pics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

Lovely . This is lovely .. I think u have touched us all .. Give Charlie another cuddle from us all .. And thank you too u have brought back fond memories of my dog paw paw ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

wow, welcome home charlie,
    he is one lucky dog to have an owner that cares so much for him
    like another poster said- kinda restores my faith in people

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Jelly2

I just can't believe it! And wishing you and Charlie a wonderful time settling back into life together.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Welcome home Charlie, its great to see so many concerned about a dog and his owner, it really restores faith in people as we seem to be bombarded with bad news every day. Very refreshing to see a happy ending :)

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

Glad to hear that Charlie is back safe and sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

So happy for ye, make the best of every day those Labradors are devine nothing like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

Fantastic news, always great to hear a happy ending :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Great news, really glad Charlie is home safe.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Read this when Charlie first went missing, and thought to check in this evening.

What fantastic news, delighted for everyone involved :)

Really cheered me up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Would love to know how Charlie's doing since returning home :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

Advertisement