Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom - NAT Type MEGATHREAD! How to make it NAT 2 or 1?

• 06-07-2008 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hi,

Cutting a long story short... I changed from Perlico to Eircom recently and hooked up the Eircom router last weekend. Since then playing online has become somewhat of a nightmare. Getting into games takes ages and I rarely stay in them for more than a few minutes.

I found the problem there this morning, in the PS3 connection status menu it lists my NAT Type as Type 3 where it was Type 2 before.

How do I configure my new router to get it to type 2 NAT? It's a silver netopia one:

eircom_netopia.jpg

Appreciate the help.

P.S. I've tried setting the routers firewall to Low or else Off completly and this made no change

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Enda89, try the link below. I am using the eircom netopia and had my heart broken trying to open ports, get a static ip etc. I followed the instructions on the video and got everything working online and even got NAT1

It didn't work first time, kept getting username/password errors but I just kept repeating it over and over and eventually got it. It is worth a try!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055268262

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Enda89

EDIT: never mind I just pasted the topic no. in

watched the youtube vid and.... it worked!!!

cheers, that chap in the video is a legend. I was getting a headache with port forwarding, this chap just does it in 2 mins lol, brill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hoekie

Enda89 wrote: »
    Hi,

Cutting a long story short... I changed from Perlico to Eircom recently and hooked up the Eircom router last weekend. Since then playing online has become somewhat of a nightmare. Getting into games takes ages and I rarely stay in them for more than a few minutes.

I found the problem there this morning, in the PS3 connection status menu it lists my NAT Type as Type 3 where it was Type 2 before.

How do I configure my new router to get it to type 2 NAT? It's a silver netopia one:

eircom_netopia.jpg

Appreciate the help.

P.S. I've tried setting the routers firewall to Low or else Off completly and this made no change
    easy to do everyone to change you can even get a nat type 1 with this setting! set up a network connecttion wired or wireless on custom go to the PPPoe and it asks for a user name and password for eircom its broadband 1 and the password is the same broadband 1 and away you go nat type 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

hoekie wrote: »
    easy to do everyone to change you can even get a nat type 1 with this setting! set up a network connecttion wired or wireless on custom go to the PPPoe and it asks for a user name and password for eircom its broadband 1 and the password is the same broadband 1 and away you go nat type 1!
    it does go back to nat2/3 tho after a while, dont know why, mines does anyway, usually 3

BOBBY wrote: »
    it does go back to nat2/3 tho after a while, dont know why, mines does anyway, usually 3
    there is another way of getting nat type 2 but you must log into your router
    http://192.168.1.254/ and it shows the main ip address that the router uses which is different from your ps3 ip change that to the ps3 ip and it should get you a nat 2 also unp is enabled! ive done this for my brother on perlico though it may differ for eircom! so check out on you tube on how to change from nat3 to nat2! hope i was some help let me know how you get on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jayoomufc

anyone no password for perlico to get nat type?

Enda89 wrote: »
    Hi,

eircom_netopia.jpg

Appreciate the help.

VERY EASY WITH EIRCOM ALL YOU DO IS GO TO YOUR INTERNEYT CONNECTION SETTINGS AND AND WHEN YOUR SETTING UP YOUR CONNECTION GOTO PPPOE AND USE THE USERNAME EIRCOM@EIRCOM.NET
    AND THE PASSWORD IS BROADBAND1 AND YOU GET A NAT TYPE 1 EVEN BETTER THAN TYPE 2 HIT ME BACK IF YOUV'E ANY PROBLEMS

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Liam2590

VERY EASY WITH EIRCOM ALL YOU DO IS GO TO YOUR INTERNEYT CONNECTION SETTINGS AND AND WHEN YOUR SETTING UP YOUR CONNECTION GOTO PPPOE AND USE THE USERNAME EIRCOM@EIRCOM.NET
    AND THE PASSWORD IS BROADBAND1 AND YOU GET A NAT TYPE 1 EVEN BETTER THAN TYPE 2 HIT ME BACK IF YOUV'E ANY PROBLEMS

Everytime I enter these settings it just says 'the attempt to obtain an ip address timed out'. Can anybody help me?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

Make sure your wifi password is correct IF you are connecting via wireless.

im stuck ineed the PPPoE username n passwordfor perlico has anyone got any idea what it is..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

Same happens for me
    Does eircom have any other password/username combos?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Jarrath

Why is it when I test my PSP connection setting I get NAT 2 but when I test my PS3 connection I get NAT 3?

All settings are set to automatic... Anyone else noticed this??

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭finno

I done this and got nat type 1 thanks mate

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sean11

Liam2590 wrote: »
    Everytime I enter these settings it just says 'the attempt to obtain an ip address timed out'. Can anybody help me?
    I have the very same problem. I cant play matches on FIFA 09 online. This whole NAT TYPE thing is driving me mad!! I've tried all the eircom passwords etc. the Keep it Carlow Video, ports opened and still no joy. All other game I can play fine. And why is it that I can play matches the odd time??!!

what is the PPPoE for perlico

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 k1nk33

Pretty simple lads , set up ps3 using custom settings and after entering your security key pick pppoe for ip settings. Username is eircom@eircom.net and password is broadband1. choose manual dns settings and enter this , Primary dns 213.94.190.236 Secondry dns 213.94.190,194. Next change mtu settings to 1492 and go test your connection. Thats it! If it doesn't work first time don't worry just keep trying and sooner or later you'll be giving a nat type 1. Sometimes i get a connection error when i turn on my ps3 but after a couple of seconds it goes back to normal.

As for perlicos username and password you'll have to vist your routers homepage. Open a command promt( google if you don't know how) and type in ipconfig. Find the default gateway ip address and copy it. Open your internet browser and paste the ip into the header bar at the top (where it says http etc). The username and password should be listed in here somewhere.

Thanks kink but it still wont work for me whatever combination I use and ive tryed an awful lot. May ring eircom up I suppose as they arent answering my emails!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Can you not stream music/video to the ps3 with NAT1 ??

EIrcom broadband user's can also use their phone number as their username e.g. 046-xxxxxxxxx or 01-xxxxxxxxx ,and your password is your eircom account number.

• Advertisement

Phone and account number doesnt work for me either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭qc3

this link should help you if you are an eircom customer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JugGe7CCuNU
    good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 6,233 ✭✭✭Damien360

Batesy wrote: »
    Can you not stream music/video to the ps3 with NAT1 ??

No. NAT1 is outside your firewall and outside your network. Hense, the IP address has a public IP address like 159.xx.xx.xx. and not 192.168.xx.xx. The PS3 cannot see anything on your home network.

NAT2 is inside the your network, firewalled but all the necessary ports are open to the PS3 home network. This is the best of both worlds as you can stream from your PC to your PS3 and online gaming works fine.

NAT3 is inside your network, firewalled but ports are not open. You can stream from PC to PS3 but online gaming is a pain is the ass.

All eircom users with netopia routers must do the PPOE method of conneciton to get NAT1. You cannot get NAT2 on netopia routers.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭markious

Damien360 wrote: »

All eircom users with netopia routers must do the PPOE method of conneciton to get NAT1. You cannot get NAT2 on netopia routers.

Im pretty sure you can get a NAT2 on the netopia routers, ive seen it done

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

markious wrote: »
    Im pretty sure you can get a NAT2 on the netopia routers, ive seen it done

Have you a link to how its done?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Jarrath

I can get NAT2 with my psp but no success on the PS3.. Buggs the hell outta me...

Just have to settle for NAT 1 with the PS3...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ignite

Hi lads can't use PPPoE using eircom@eircom.net with broadband1 I'm afraid. Any ideas? Anyone else have same trouble? Downloadin on NAT3 is dire...

ignite wrote: »
    Hi lads can't use PPPoE using eircom@eircom.net with broadband1 I'm afraid. Any ideas? Anyone else have same trouble? Downloadin on NAT3 is dire...
    I have had same problem but havent noticed download speeds differing because of it. Havent a solution though sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

If you get a better router then you won't have these problems. Get one that has a DMZ (de-militarized zone) and put your PS3 in that. No messin' around.

I did that with mine and ditched the Netopia router that Eircon gave me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

I can get nat type 2 on netopia, just put d routers firewall on low :-)! So nat type 2, in a way is better than nat type 1?

Advertisement