Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breaking bad spanish question

• 29-12-2010 2:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

im watching season 3 and the scenes with gus/evil twin when they are talking spanish to each other. Is there meant to be english subtitles for this or what? and if not why cant i find a translation for what they are saying online?

Ican't find the answer on the breaking bad thread partly for fear of spoilers or google!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

There isn't meant to be subtitles. I watched the full season and I was never lost because I couldn't understand them. I think if you want a translation you're just going to have to watch them all first then go back and look in the spoilers etc. I was never curious enough to look it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

ok thats cool.
    i thought the first episode it was nice to see them talk spanish and not have subtitles, added to the realism etc
    but then they were talking so damn long i thought **** maybe im missing out here!
    so then i googled cause i thought sure someone would have translated it but then when i couldnt find it i was worried there was subtitles.
    plus i was surprised to not see anyone mention it on the boards thread.

now onto episode 8 :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 34,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

If you can remember which episode(s) and roughly what time in the episode the conversation(s) occur(s) I can have a go at translating it.

I suppose in theory it adds to the realism but Giancarlo Esposito's accent is so bad it ruins the effect (the same goes for Don Whatsisface).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

If you can remember which episode(s) and roughly what time in the episode the conversation(s) occur(s) I can have a go at translating it.

I suppose in theory it adds to the realism but Giancarlo Esposito's accent is so bad it ruins the effect (the same goes for Don Whatsisface).

+1
    yeah post the ep number , I too can give my effort...
    I think I remember that scene and i got the jist of what was being said..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I only rewatched the whole 3 seasons recently again. If it's the episode i'm thinking of as far as i remember they were talking about wanting revenge for Tuco's death. Something about he's still got business with Walter and wants to keep him alive. And that he will offer him a DEA agent instead which is Hank. Says north of the border is his territory and it's okay to kill him there.

Without the translation in front of me i'm just guessing. Couldn't find a video of the scene.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

cheers guys, im ok with not knowing exactly what is being said as i think i have the jest of it from watching and the replies here.
    if thats how it was planned to be watched im happy with that.

i dont think ive ever seen no subtitles in a tv series before. strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Boss Walt

Those twins are Tuco's cousins. On the truck sneaking across the border the boy is bragging about painting cars for Mexican gangsters until he gets a look at the boots and realizes those guys are gangsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Henno30

Think ye're wrong about this folks. I too watched dvdrips without any subtitles for the Spanish speaking scenes. But the latest epsiodes I've watched, which aren't dvdrips, do have subtitles. I downloaded original broadcasts of episodes 303 and 306 so I could watch those long scenes again and know what was going on. Can provide summaries if anyone needs them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

the latest episode had subtitles when Gus met the Cartel dude

Advertisement