Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Thompson Modem default password?

• 16-05-2011 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

I've searched this entire forum and i can't find any info on the default password on the new Thompson modem. Does anyone know it? I've tried user = admin and pass blank, and I've tried admin in both and I've tried both blank.

Thanks.

And I'm using 192.168.100.1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Default IP is 192.168.0.1 Username is left blank and pass is admin

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Thanks very much, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

After my engineer left I logged into the router with what jor el said, changed my password and now I can't log into the router. I've tried everything including pressing the reset at the back of it and the details I'm entering are correct any idea how I can reset this to default settings again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭The Left Hand Of God

Don't know if this will help but my thompson IP = 192.168.100.1/

You'll find the manual on the CD that came with the router. It might give an idea of how to reset it to factory settings. Usually you need to hold the reset button for several seconds. For a TWG870, the default address is 192.168.0.1, no user name and password as admin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Its probabaly a good idead to set up the router yourself when you get it up and running.

I got my UPC upgrade and thompson router yesterday , and as with every router i use i set it up how I like it.
    I usually use and IP in the 10.x.x.x range and set up the user and pass myself , mac filtering and wireless SSID and PSK that I want....not what the ISP thinks it should be.

I know not everyone knows how to do these things , but if you have a look around all the settings in your router ....you will see what you can change...and it can be reset if you mess up.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ap1986

is there any default password for a ciscos systems router on upc,the one with 1 aerial??

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

Don't know if this will help but my thompson IP = 192.168.100.1/

user=the username you created, pass=admin. Happened to me this morning after trying loads of combos. Thomson wont allow you to change the pass.

ap1986 wrote: »
    is there any default password for a ciscos systems router on upc,the one with 1 aerial??

Wrong thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056146473

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

shuyin1 wrote: »
    user=the username you created, pass=admin. Happened to me this morning after trying loads of combos. Thomson wont allow you to change the pass.

That worked a treat shuyin1, tried pretty much every combination bar that one. Crazy that Thomson wont let you change your password.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rolo454

I've searched this entire forum and i can't find any info on the default password on the new Thompson modem. Does anyone know it? I've tried user = admin and pass blank, and I've tried admin in both and I've tried both blank.

Thanks.

And I'm using 192.168.100.1

I can concur.
    Just got my Thomson UPC router installed today.
    User= blank
    Pass= admin

• Registered Users Posts: 1 arturio

Try this it worked for me...
    Ussername: blank
    Password: aDm1n$TR8r

Advertisement