Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

National Schools in Castleknock area

• 03-06-2008 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello,

Moving to Dublin and got 3 young children of primary school age. Thinking of moving to Castleknock area and wanted to ask about schooling options:

1. What are the primary schools there like? Class size, hard to get a place. I'm not catholic so alternative options are good....

2. Are there fee paying options in the area? (Just asking for no flames about being snobby)

3. Are there any good Montesorri schools in the area?

Bill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

Can only speak for the one i went to St Brigid's National School. Was an excellent primary school. Enjoyed my time there.

There's a Church of Ireland primary school, also called St Brigid's, which is smaller. There's also a non-denominational school, Educate Together which opened a few years ago

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

cool boy wrote: »
    Hello,

Moving to Dublin and got 3 young children of primary school age. Thinking of moving to Castleknock area and wanted to ask about schooling options:

1. What are the primary schools there like? Class size, hard to get a place. I'm not catholic so alternative options are good....

2. Are there fee paying options in the area? (Just asking for no flames about being snobby)

3. Are there any good Montesorri schools in the area?

Bill

Dont know too much to help you there, but my kids went to the Educate together School http://www.cetns.ie/ and it was great for them.

You could check out Mount Sackville (girls) for a fee paying school. There's no private boys primary that I know of in the area.

You could try this in the D15 forum, you might get more luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

deswalsh wrote: »
    Dont know too much to help you there, but my kids went to the Educate together School http://www.cetns.ie/ and it was great for them.

You could check out Mount Sackville (girls) for a fee paying school. There's no private boys primary that I know of in the area.

You could try this in the D15 forum, you might get more luck.

Mount Sackville primary isn't private, only the secondary is. The class sizes are really, really small, there's only one class per year afaik.

I went to St. Brigids National School too and also enjoyed my time there. There's usually between 27-31 kids per class. Four classes per year. The facilities are well maintained with new additions and replacement items added each year, for example, a state of the art computer lab and a lot of the class rooms have recently installed projectors and laptops which are similar to the ones you see in most college lecture halls, in addition to the traditional blackboard/whiteboards. As an added safety feature that they don't have in most schools, they're piloting a new system whereby when the teachers leave the room they can hear what's going on in the classroom through an ear piece/microphone combo.

You need to be living the catchment area to be accepted and they've already sent out the acceptance letter for this September.

Advertisement