Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physical force republican groups unite to form new IRA

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

A zero tolerance, shoot to kill, ambush them, snipe them when they appear in public in uniforms, bomb hideouts/bomb making factories from the air instead of police raid approach is absolutely what is needed.

Totally different world post 9/11 and these guys are relics of a time gone by

That would be the worst way to deal with them.

They are nothing but common criminals caught up in their own little fantasy world where reality doesn't exist. They ignore that the majority on this island have rejected their way.

They should be treated like all the others who are on their level, the drug dealers, the muggers, the rapists and murderers and dealt with by the same laws and forces of the law. To treat them different would be to legitimise their undemocratic, invalid and rejected path.

In the first line of his book he says "This is nothing personal", gives him away immediately in my opinion. Doesn't mean his opinions are valueless of course.

That said I like him, just don't agree with him on some things. Compared to the majority of the media he is far less biased against SF and republicans than most - thats why the new supergroup chose him I'm sure. Better than Suzanne Breen anyway.

Supergroup! I've heard it all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Dubhlinner wrote: »
    Right sorry to the forum for a silly response but could you please justify that comment? Or at least tell me what you mean by it.

Are you trying to call me a marxist-leninist because I respect a journalist who was a member of the workers party in the 80s?

I like McDonald because he offers an unbiased take on what is going on. When I read his books and articles he offers evidence and reason for his opinions.

McDonald never tries to push any communist agenda in his writings. I actually have a sneaking suspicion he's sympathetic to the SDLP.

I've seen this "McDonald's a sticky" BS before. Sinn Fein supporters don't like him because he's pointed out very convincingly that anything the IRA and Sinn Fein achieved with the GFA was on offer in the sunningdale agreement of 1974.

For some reason they see it fit to answer the points made with "sher he's a sticky"
    Nowhere in the Sunningdale agreement is equality mentioned.

The issue of national identity and self-determination is not addressed in Sunningdale either which is/was a crucial part of the GFA. The GFA recognises the rights of both nationalities and Sunningdale crucially did not.

The framework and legal procedures for power sharing and intergovernmental cooperation was also not mentioned in Sunningdale.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Dubhlinner

Dotsey wrote: »
    Nowhere in the Sunningdale agreement is equality mentioned.

Equality was sorted out up there long before 98. Its wasn't needed its just propaganda. Recent report based on data since 1990 showed Catholics slightly more likely to be hired. This site obviously has a unionist take but the figures reported are factual (report actually done bythe equality commission)

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/local/protestants-losing-out-on-jobs-report-1-3867304
    The issue of national identity and self-determination is not addressed in Sunningdale either which is/was a crucial part of the GFA. The GFA recognises the rights of both nationalities and Sunningdale crucially did not.

The framework and legal procedures for power sharing and intergovernmental cooperation was also not mentioned in Sunningdale.

Doesn't matter. Scotland didn't need an agreement and they're having a vote on independence in the not too distant future. The whole reason PIRA and Sinn Fein went to war was that they knew the six counties were always going to have a unionist veto due to demographics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Suppose they're just hopping on the nostalgia bandwagon like the Spice Girls and The Stone Roses.

Although in fairness there's probably better singers in the IRA anyway.

Fair play to them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭thecommietommy

Dubhlinner wrote: »
    Equality was sorted out up there long before 98. Its wasn't needed its just propaganda. Recent report based on data since 1990 showed Catholics slightly more likely to be hired. This site obviously has a unionist take but the figures reported are factual (report actually done bythe equality commission)

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/local/protestants-losing-out-on-jobs-report-1-3867304
    Equality wasn't sorted out before 98 and was indeed needed. The report states " OVER the last 20 years ", 1990 - 97 is 7 years, 1998 - 2012 is 14 years.
    Doesn't matter. Scotland didn't need an agreement and they're having a vote on independence in the not too distant future. The whole reason PIRA and Sinn Fein went to war was that they knew the six counties were always going to have a unionist veto due to demographics.
    Although Scotland has had sectarianism around Glasgow mainly taking the form of Celtic and Rangers matches, it didn't have anything like the sectarian administration that the NI statelet had and is a different scenario.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Keitho Dublin 1

The Real IRA must have went with this because of the Criminal Action Force, CAF shot a number of them dead over last two years, extortion, shakedown of money from gangs was the Real IRA game in Dublin, but quieter over last few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

CAF doesn't exist. Invention of idiotic journalists.

CAF doesn't exist. Invention of idiotic journalists.
    Well who shot dead all the people ? CAF ;)
    CAF doesn't exist. :confused:

Saturday, November 6, 2010
    IRA Statement

IRA Statement

The IRA's position regarding drug dealers is clear and our actions against them are motivated by the need to ensure the safety of the community.
    These actions are welcomed by communities who are suffering at the hands of drug dealers.Recently, a number of newspapers have run stories claiming that the
    IRA was involved in drugs and prostitution and that members of the Dublin Brigade had been stood down. The stories are lies.

Subsequently, the IRA sent a statement to the Irish Star Newspaper claiming responsibility for the execution of numerous drug dealers. The Star refused to carry the statement but instead carried statements from a Dublin drugs gang styling itself the "Criminal Action Force" which threatened republicans.

http://www.32csmdublin.com/2010.php

To people that there is no Criminal Action Force
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mick O'Toole
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by keitho
    Hi Mick,

I was a member of Irish Republican net i did start a number of threads on CAF, People on froum said there is not a CAF That it is only an idea of news paper can i have your view on this. ta
    Hi.

I have read your posts on irishrepublicannet, so I know the background. All I can say is what I tell everyone else: every time they contact me/us they provide intimate details about shootings not in the public domain. For example, they informed us about a shooting in Wicklow that had not been revealed by gardai; they told us the calibre of the two weapons used to shoot at the Players' Lounge last July; they told us that an element of the Real IRA shot Liam Kenny (something his associates now accept, along with the attack on Frankie Nolan); they told us details of another murder which is now sub judice. The detail of that killing was that the victim, whose name I can't disclose, was walking his dog at the time. And, again, they said exactly what weapilon was used. None of the things they told us was in the public domain. Other journalists have derided the whole notion of CAF, and that's fine. But they are either good at guessing, or know stuff that no-one else knows. They have provided plenty of proof to us, I have to say.
    Personally, I believe they exist 100 per cent, for the detaila outlined above.

Feel free to post this message on the site.
    If anyone wishea to contact me, for praise or abuse, they can message me on politics.ie where my username is Mick O'Toole, or email me on michael.o'toole[at]thestar.ie

Michael

Well they seem to think so. :)

Well who shot dead all the people ? CAF ;)
    CAF doesn't exist. :confused:

Saturday, November 6, 2010
    IRA Statement

IRA Statement

The IRA's position regarding drug dealers is clear and our actions against them are motivated by the need to ensure the safety of the community.
    These actions are welcomed by communities who are suffering at the hands of drug dealers.Recently, a number of newspapers have run stories claiming that the
    IRA was involved in drugs and prostitution and that members of the Dublin Brigade had been stood down. The stories are lies.

Subsequently, the IRA sent a statement to the Irish Star Newspaper claiming responsibility for the execution of numerous drug dealers. The Star refused to carry the statement but instead carried statements from a Dublin drugs gang styling itself the "Criminal Action Force" which threatened republicans.

http://www.32csmdublin.com/2010.php

To people that there is no Criminal Action Force
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mick O'Toole
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by keitho
    Hi Mick,

I was a member of Irish Republican net i did start a number of threads on CAF, People on froum said there is not a CAF That it is only an idea of news paper can i have your view on this. ta
    Hi.

I have read your posts on irishrepublicannet, so I know the background. All I can say is what I tell everyone else: every time they contact me/us they provide intimate details about shootings not in the public domain. For example, they informed us about a shooting in Wicklow that had not been revealed by gardai; they told us the calibre of the two weapons used to shoot at the Players' Lounge last July; they told us that an element of the Real IRA shot Liam Kenny (something his associates now accept, along with the attack on Frankie Nolan); they told us details of another murder which is now sub judice. The detail of that killing was that the victim, whose name I can't disclose, was walking his dog at the time. And, again, they said exactly what weapilon was used. None of the things they told us was in the public domain. Other journalists have derided the whole notion of CAF, and that's fine. But they are either good at guessing, or know stuff that no-one else knows. They have provided plenty of proof to us, I have to say.
    Personally, I believe they exist 100 per cent, for the detaila outlined above.

Feel free to post this message on the site.
    If anyone wishea to contact me, for praise or abuse, they can message me on politics.ie where my username is Mick O'Toole, or email me on michael.o'toole[at]thestar.ie

Michael

Well they seem to think so. :)

Since this post CAF said they have shot, killed a number of other people.

• Advertisement

Fenian Army, You must gone on holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

Since this post CAF said they have shot, killed a number of other people.
    Yes and I told my daughter that the moon was made of cream cheese, so what?

SocSocPol wrote: »
    Yes and I told my daughter that the moon was made of cream cheese, So what?
    So what ? True.:)

Advertisement