Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deleated pic.

• 10-07-2012 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭johnnyb6

Hi my daughter is on holidays in Spain and she took digital camera with her.This had memory card which holds 100 pic. She wanted to deleat one of those pic but instead of choosing deleat 1 , she deleated all. Is there any way she can get these pics back.

thanking you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Don't use the memory card any more (get a new one). She may be able to recover the pics when back home at a PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭johnnyb6

Hi Kenny , I tought myself she hadn't hope of recovering them. Is it a big job getting them back if its possible

I lost 1TB of data before, when a hard drive failed. I used a programme called GetDataBack and it restored everything (the hard drive itself was still knackered, though, so i had to transfer everything that was on it to a new hard drive).

It took about two days for the 1TB, which I thought was grand. For 100 photos it'd probably recover them in five minutes. I'd say that'd work easily enough.

As has been said above, stop using the card, though.

johnnyb6 wrote: »
    Hi Kenny , I tought myself she hadn't hope of recovering them. Is it a big job getting them back if its possible

Deleting doesn't really wipe the information, just marks the space as free/empty. If the card isn't used there is a good chance of recovering the photos.

There are loads of applications that will do it, this is just one free one (but not a recommendation, as I haven't used it) -

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

recuva is also a nice little program for getting deleted photos back.

When you typically delete a file on a computer/camera or similar device the file system just makes that data invisible to you. The files are usually still there and software like get data back and recuva do the heavy lifting by finding this data and repairing any problems. This is why it is important that the card is not written to until you get it to a PC with recovery software.

• Advertisement

Hi I just onto my daughter in spail and she has retaken about 20 pic on this card. If she takes card out now is it too late.

Some will be lost, but not all.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You'll probably lose a few, you may be lucky and lose just one or two. It depends on a if the camera overwrites particular parts of the card and probably on the capacity of the card. Either way, if she wants the photos back she need to stop using that card right now.

EDIT: Kenny I sound like your echo!

thanks for the information. i will have the camera on monday night and will log on again then as i may need more help.

Hi back again. i used two programmes to get deleated pics back. one was recuva , and other was Getdataback. i used the free downloads of each and got a good few pics back , but when i tried to copy or save the images , I was told I would have to buy softwear. Is there any way around this.

Thanking You

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

johnnyb6 wrote: »
    Hi back again. i used two programmes to get deleated pics back. one was recuva , and other was Getdataback. i used the free downloads of each and got a good few pics back , but when i tried to copy or save the images , I was told I would have to buy softwear. Is there any way around this.

Thanking You

Where are you ? I can send you Recuva on a disc if you wish and it will recover your files without asking for money.
    I think the latest Recuva downloads are only trial versions now.

Advertisement