Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

84X in the mornings

• 31-08-2008 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭

Trying to figure out timing to get to college in UCD.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=84x&printable=yes

How long does it take the busses to get from their starting point in Newcastle to the N11 (Enniskerry Road Junction) stop? And how long from there into UCD? I need to get into UCD by 9am.

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

As far as I'm aware the 84x doesn't go to Newcastle. Its been a while since I got the bus but in the mornings I would allow no less than 1hr30min to get from Newcastle to UCD. From Kilcoole to Bray normally takes 30mins and then its pretty much plain sailing from there. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it depends on the traffic on the N11, some mornings it can get from the southern cross where i get the bus to donnybrook (where i get off) in 20 minutes. but other times it can take 40 minutes. just depends on the traffic. also depends on whether or not you get a good bus driver, some of them don't pass out other busses and waits for a 145/46a to make their stops on the n11 grr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Hello my dear passengers.

KIlcoole/Newcastle to N11 stop. Earlier buses 25mins, later ones 730/745 upto 35mins.
    Buses from Newtownmountkennedy (710/735) to N11 stop 15mins.

From there to UCD 35mins, depending on rain, crashes, marches and protests!

That Enniskerry/N11 stop is lethal with traffic merging from the left and flying trucks behind us SO wave us in good time!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

That stop needs a shelter! If the roads are wet, the folks standing there can get a soaking from the spray, let alone the rain...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Hello folks,

How long would it take the 84 or 84x to get to Newcastle from Mount Merrion/Stillorgan?

Does anyone know how far away the Dragon Hold livery yard is from the stop?

I'm not familiar with Newcastle at all.

Thank you all!

The yard is found at Ballyvolan farm, Newcastle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

The standard 84 upto 90mins.

The 84x 20mins less, but there aint many to Newcastle.

The stop is at the Mazda garage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

90 minutes, not bad I was expecting worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

looking at a map Ballyvolan seems to be between Newcastle and Cullenmore - you might be quicker getting the Wicklow bus and getting off somewhere on the N11. You'd really want to get someone who knows to tell you the way though or you could get very lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 GrzegorzBray

I've seen a few times 84x going from N11 in Bray through Upper Dargle Road around 7am. Does anyone know if this is going towards Dublin or Southern Cross - and where exactly is the Enniskerry/N11 stop TO Dublin? - is it on Upper Dargle Road or is it on motorway (I haven't seen 84x going the other way round through the Upper Dargle Road yet)?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,742 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I've seen a few times 84x going from N11 in Bray through Upper Dargle Road around 7am. Does anyone know if this is going towards Dublin or Southern Cross - and where exactly is the Enniskerry/N11 stop TO Dublin? - is it on Upper Dargle Road or is it on motorway (I haven't seen 84x going the other way round through the Upper Dargle Road yet)?

That doesn't really make sense that 84xs are going that way - its not on the route - the only thing I can think of is that it is the buses going from the Donnybrook garage to begin service. I think there is a stop on the motorway at Enniskerry.

Are you sure it wasn't an 84a that you saw? I'd say it could be an 84a about to enter service.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

That doesn't really make sense that 84xs are going that way - its not on the route - the only thing I can think of is that it is the buses going from the Donnybrook garage to begin service. I think there is a stop on the motorway at Enniskerry.

Are you sure it wasn't an 84a that you saw? I'd say it could be an 84a about to enter service.

Is that stop still serviced as I think the actual sign is gone. Haven't got the bus there in a couple of years but I know in winter it was really hard for the driver to see me standing there and they just drove past a few time, not to mention how miserable it was to stand on the side of a motorway on a dark winter morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

That stop is gone a good while now. Buses will not stop there. Last stop before Loughlinstown is the one at the bottom of the Southern Cross. Outside where the Woodies is.
    They will drop off on the opposite side on the way back though.

Advertisement