Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgraceful Slaughter of Animals by Ukraine gov in run up to Euro 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Eh no you're ok think i'll go check out the Sky Sports totty thread instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Disgraceful is right :mad:

Several campaigns about this are running in Germany for the last 6 months or so, I am surprised, why this comes up here relatively late.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Chips Ahoy

jesus christ the bit at 2:32 is horrific

• Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭Macker1

My soul has just died given the barbaric actions in this clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Christ I couldnt even get to the minute mark. I just kept imagining my own dogs. Scumbags is what I call people who can live with doing that for a living.

Edit: Just watched 2:32 just had to watch it, I just squirmed in horror and I'm now speechless

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Pretty disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭titan18

:mad:

International football was always crap, but this is giving me a much better reason to not watch it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Got to 2:37, i'll go no further, that noise is gonna haunt me as is

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Yeah **** that I wont bother with the video.

Here is the description for the video:
    Greetings Citizens of the world,
    We are Anonymous.
    It has come to our Attention that the UEFA Football EURO 2012 & Ukrainian Government have been engaging in one of the most brutal, bloody systematic slaughters of animals the world has ever seen. So far 80,000 dogs have been killed in the cities of Ukraine to "clean-up" the streets for a week long football event. Over 1 Million people have signed various petitions addressed directly to the UEFA and Ukrainian Government calling for an end to these inhumane acts, yet they ignore every complaint. Even worse: The Ukrainian Government censors these events with lies and fabricated media reports. Why do you ask? The answer is clear, money. UEFA makes millions of Euros with this event, as does Ukraine for hosting the event. 250,000 more dogs lives will be lost leading up to the UEFA EURO 2012 and UEFA continue to deny having any involvement with the Ukraine's slaughter, stating they cannot interfere with matters not directly related to football, even though they ARE directly related. UEFA has donated on two occasions 8,000 Euros for the Sterilization of stray Dogs, as well as cats in the city of Ukraine, as well as giving away 196 Million Euros in bonuses for the whole event. Who is to blame? Who do we point the finger at? It's easy.
    UEFA President Michel Franswah Platini & Ukraine President Viktor Yanukohvich, You are both solely responsible for this massacre on animals. When Several foreign animal organizations offered their knowledge and help to rescue the stray animals in the cities of Ukraine, you showed absolutely no interest. You claim there is not enough money to start an animal-rescue program, yet you have enough money to buy a 20,000 dollar mobile crematorium? Your actions contradict European Animal rights Convention and any adequate humans moral principles!

We Anonymous give you, Operation Ukraine. We will fight against your violation of human, and animal rights. We will not forgive your Canine Holocaust, and We will not forget the Censorship you impose upon the people. To the Ukraine Government & UEFA

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

80,000 dogs and another 250,000 to go? There must be roaming gangs of dogs in Ukrainian cities hundreds strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Makes you ashamed to be human. To be a member of the same species as the people who can do that for a living.

How was work today honey? Oh grand just the usual, killed a few more dogs by burning them alive or chucking them into a dog mincer. What's for dinner?

Sick.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

While obviously horrific if true, I'm sceptical about parts of it due to the lack of objectivity of the video.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Don't even want to watch it the image is enough for me to know whats going to happen..
    Fu*cking sick c*nts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Chips Ahoy wrote: »
    jesus christ the bit at 2:32 is horrific
    SICK,poor dog

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

That was horrible to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

That is sickening. Truly disgusting treatment of animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Eh no you're ok think i'll go check out the Sky Sports totty thread instead.

people like you make me sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Heartless bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Franswah!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,186 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Whyyyyyyyyyyy :(:(:(

I'm in bits now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭jem

With those sort of numbers of dogs u would wonder what they were doing about the excess number of stray dogs for years

• Registered Users Posts: 43,274 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Shocking stuff.

Wonder was the ISPCA one of the foreign agencies offering to help? The vast majority of dogs with them are put down anyway, but in a more humane way.

It's horrible stuff, we just do it "more humanely". Not barbarians us, just a puppy looks cute on Christmas Day.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,990 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Ah jesus i though it was one of those videos when everyone pretended it was horrible and everyone would be afraid to watch it, but it is ****en horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

I can't bring myself to watch it cos I'd just keep picturing my dog and that will be waaaaay to hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

K-9 wrote: »
    Shocking stuff.

Wonder was the ISPCA one of the foreign agencies offering to help? The vast majority of dogs with them are put down anyway, but in a more humane way.

It's horrible stuff, we just do it "more humanely". Not barbarians us, just a puppy looks cute on Christmas Day.

Eh what makes you think that the ispca puts down "the vast majority" of dogs that come to them?

I'm reporting that post because it's libellous. But more importantly, if people were to believe such nonsense, they'd ignore any animal they found in a distress as opposed to bringing it to their local SPCA.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,274 ✭✭✭✭K-9

kraggy wrote: »
    Eh what makes you think that the ispca puts down "the vast majority" of dogs that come to them?

I'm reporting that post because it's libellous. But more importantly, if people were to believe such nonsense, they'd leave any stray they found in a dangerous situation as opposed to bringing it to their local SPCA.

Because they can't keep the poor things for long, as so many more need housed and funds are at a premium. The ISPCA just isn't that popular when people want a dog, much as I'd love it to be otherwise. The ISPCA just can't home the amount of dogs coming in, not a majority anyway.

Edit: What you posted in the second paragraph, has no relation whatsover to what I posted. You've misread my post to an nnnntthhhhhhh degree. People obviously bring loads of strays to the ISPCA and many just keep the dog and look after it. But the ISPCA have limited resources, they can't keep a dog for months, with new dogs needing to be helped, many needing medical care. It's a job I couldn't do, making a decision about a dog having to go because a new one needs immediate care and there is no room at the inn.

Still, it satisfies the consumerist urge to have a cute puppy. I want a puppy and now. Just something to be discarded later on, when you get bored.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

****ing disgrace, I thought this country was bad.

These cant all be wild, are people having their dogs taken away?

Are the Ukrainian people doing anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Not surprised by this there is very little value put on human life in that part of the world so killing animals would mean nothing to them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Well whatever respect i had for that "Anonymous" shít has gone out the window. Id wager that nobody here has seen the documentary "Earthlings", a lot of the footage in that video is taken directly from the documentary. That bit at 2.32 is absolutely disgusting, but in the documentary there was no sound. That was obviously added for effect, and the fact that it took place in Turkey and not Ukraine/Poland is even stranger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Not really sure if this is a thread for Soccer or Humanities or some such.

Will ask a CMod and get back to you guys.

Advertisement