Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses from Derry to Letterkenny?

• 15-01-2009 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Me and my friend are getting the bus from belfast to letterkenny. We will either be arriving into derry at quarter to eight, or quarter past eight depending on what time we get the bus.... does anyone know of a late night bus which will take us to letterkenny?? ideas would be much appreciated :D thank you :):)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Bus Eireann (Route 32 or 64, minds going blank) might still run that late - I suspect Swilly will have ended for the night. Check buseireann.ie

edit: No, you'd have to go to Monaghan and back again, which would take the guts of 4 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭Vic_08

No need to go to Monaghan, get the Ulsterbus 273 bus from Derry to Strabane and connect with the Bus Eireann 32 Dublin-Letterkenny service or get the 273 direct from Belfast to Strabane and connect to the 32

Timetables are available on the buseireann.ie and translink.co.uk websites.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

^^ sounds like a better plan, I used BE's route finder which doesn't have Ulsterbus journeys (except the 200 goldliner) on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Theres no busses from Derry to Letterkenny. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Theres no busses from Derry to Letterkenny. :pac:

Oh yes there is!

http://home.clara.net/sjp/nibus/lstt-2008.pdf

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

There is a direct bus ran by Gallaghers leaving Belfast at 5.30 and only taking 2 hours to Letterkenny.
    http://www.gallagherscoaches.com/Timetable.htm

Its probably your best option if its not too early to be leaving Belfast.

Advertisement