Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fault with my HTC Sensation

• 05-01-2012 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

I got my HTC in August, there was a fault with it at 1st and they replaced it on the spot for me, I am now having the same problem with the phone, I could be browsing the web for a few mins and I would press the home button and it would power off showing the HTC screen and power back on, got it from cardphone warehouse, what would be the normal procedure?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I got my HTC in August, there was a fault with it at 1st and they replaced it on the spot for me, I am now having the same problem with the phone, I could be browsing the web for a few mins and I would press the home button and it would power off showing the HTC screen and power back on, got it from cardphone warehouse, what would be the normal procedure?

Bring it down to them. Explain the fault and they will send the phone away for repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭steelbar

I have been getting this fault too, how did you get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sparko

Does it actually power down or does it just briefly show the HTC screen and then load the home screen (i.e. no pin request)? The reason I ask is that sometimes my sensation does that if I've been using the browser, and my desire did it occasionally too. It'd flash up the HTC screen and then load the home screen in about 5-10 seconds, so not a full power down as that'd take longer. I think in my case its to do with the phone doing something memory intensive, and then it takes a few seconds to free up the RAM.

If yours actually fully powers down, then disregard all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Check out my thread here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75049411

My wife had exactthe same problem with her Desire S, had to send it back twice, he second time i wrote on the slip 'NOT A SOFTWARE PROBLEM, FAULT WITH MOTHERBOARD"

It came back end of November and has been perfect since.

Sparko wrote: »
    Does it actually power down or does it just briefly show the HTC screen and then load the home screen (i.e. no pin request)? The reason I ask is that sometimes my sensation does that if I've been using the browser, and my desire did it occasionally too. It'd flash up the HTC screen and then load the home screen in about 5-10 seconds, so not a full power down as that'd take longer. I think in my case its to do with the phone doing something memory intensive, and then it takes a few seconds to free up the RAM.

If yours actually fully powers down, then disregard all that!

Yep, that's exactly what happens.
    I was thinking if doing a hard reset if the phone and formatting the SD card to see if that was going to help. I have installed and deleted a good few apps and I reckon they leave an imprint.
    The phone us not as quick as it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

steelbar wrote: »
    Yep, that's exactly what happens.
    I was thinking if doing a hard reset if the phone and formatting the SD card to see if that was going to help. I have installed and deleted a good few apps and I reckon they leave an imprint.
    The phone us not as quick as it was.

We tried all that, it's a motherboard issue (supposedly). We did the hard reset 5 or 6 times to no avail. Also found it started happening more frequently, maybe 2/3 times a day. Fine now though

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Theimprover

Sparko wrote: »
    does it just briefly show the HTC screen and then load the home screen (i.e. no pin request)? The reason I ask is that sometimes my sensation does that if I've been using the browser, and my desire did it occasionally too. It'd flash up the HTC screen and then load the home screen in about 5-10 seconds, so not a full power down as that'd take longer. !

This is exactly what is happening mine, it was fine for the last wk or so but in the last 2 days it is it is starting to do this again. I am slow enough to send it away for repair as i will be without the phone for a few weeks. Is there anythig i can do myself?
    Also is the ICS update available for the HTC Sensation yet?

scudzilla wrote: »
    We tried all that, it's a motherboard issue (supposedly). We did the hard reset 5 or 6 times to no avail. Also found it started happening more frequently, maybe 2/3 times a day. Fine now though

Took this from your link "Mentioned it to a mate in work, he noticed i have a gel protective case round my DHD, asked if my wife had one on hers, which she has.

Removed it and since last week it's not restarted once, i guess somehow the gel case was making it hotter????
    user_offline.gifreport.gif "

I also have a protective gel cover, going to leave it off now for a few days and see how i get on, cant see how this could effect it, maybe the phone gets too warm with it on:confused:, will update in a day or two

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I'm having the same problem and I would notice it especially after browsing the internet, installing/updating a app in the market or moving an app to the SD card. Had a search about the problem and someone reported the problem to HTC and got this reply from them:
    • Perform a Soft reset by removing the battery again from the device whilst it is switched on, leave the battery out for two minutes before re-inserting and restarting your device.

• Perform a Hard reset
    Note: It is advised to back up all information prior to completing this (anything stored on the SD or SIM card will be un-affected). This will return your device to its original factory settings.
    Please find attached to this email information on how to back up your device.

How to perform a Hard Reset;

There are two ways to reset the handset to factory settings:
    1) Please press MENU from the home screen, then tap Settings > SD & phone storage > Factory data reset > Reset phone, or
    2) With the phone turned off, long press the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
    Wait for the screen with the 3 Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.
    Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press POWER.
    When asked to confirm, press VOLUME UP.

Once you have performed the factory reset remove both the SD and Sim card from your phone to test the operation status of your device. Do not log back into Gmail if you have the facility straight away. Do not download any third party applications. First if you could please turn on your wifi and check to see if your web browsing is working. Open a game installed on your phone and see how it is working. Please allow 48hrs of working operation before you continue to install any third party applications to test the functionality.

I preformed a soft reset on my phone yesterday and I must say it has been a huge improvement since. It has only happened once and that was when I was moving an app to my SD card. Have been using my phone fairly heavily over the last hrs. so hopefully this might have solved it.

Thanks, will give that a try.

its really annoying, does this look familiar?

• Advertisement

So far so good, i did a lot of browsing since i removed the battery as said above, i also received the same email from HTC, i had removed my gel cover too, going to try it out today with the gel cover on and see how it preforms

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

The new leaked rom from htc with ics made a huge difference to my sensation. Performance, battery life, photo quality is great compared to previously. Cent wait for sense 4.0 to come out too.

If ye want the leaked sol you can find it on xda

• Registered Users Posts: 3 smona02

hi ...i paid 420 euro for a mobile phone, cardphone warehouse, it has been sent away for repair twice already, this is the third time. i would like to know what my entitlements are? obviously the phone is not fit for purpose. ive asked for refund or replacement, and they refuse to give me either. their policy is that the phone needs to be sent away 4 times in order for me to get a replacement. in the mean while i have to continue to lose files folders photos , apps etc... because it is wiped each time its sent away. what can i do, because i want no more dealings with this company. 4 times to be repaired before you get a replacement , id imagine consumer rights would disagree.. they are a joke of a company, u might aswell just steel form customers

Advertisement