Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The middle aged Irish woman

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

catthinkin wrote: »
    maybe us ladies like to look nice for ourselves ! No one else just us ha
    Tbh I like to look good when I'm out and about to attract attention from men, but also for myself. But I agree - that post is... significantly Patrick Bateman-esque.

dj jarvis wrote: »
    ok i never said it was a constructive criticism thread or implied that ,
    i asked the question did people find Irish women dont take it ( CC ) well ,
    in my experience they dont , now obviously i cant speak for all irish women but surely that would have been taken as a granted - how could i know all women , so no offense should have been taken - and if it was then other reasons are at play

and in fairness i NEVER implied any of what you have said dudess , again read my first comment , then read the subsequent ones against me and my post , do you really think the response to what i asked was justified ??
    Ah in fairness, it totally looked like you were saying "So what if there are loads of insults being thrown at you on this thread, get over it! You can't say anything to an Irish woman" etc etc. I'm not saying that's what you meant, now that you've clarified it, but you did say it on this thread (a women-bashing one) and didn't specify that you were talking about constructive criticism in general, just this thread and how it's about women, not men "so suck it up instead of bitching about it". You also said women here are always resorting to "All men are bastards" - they're not! Vast majority of the time, they defend, they don't provoke. The two are entirely different and I can't understand why some folks treat them as if they're the same.
    i take offense to being portrayed as a chauvinist
    Didn't in the least bit portray you as one - that's only what you're thinking now in fairness, not what I'm saying. I even said you don't usually strike me as someone who'd say what you said.
    funny , i got a 7 day ban once for picking up against some gob****e who was trying to say that women with prams should get out of his way , silly cows bla bla bla , totally a d1ckhead , but as i said before people who have a axe to grind just dont do context or facts , upsets their rants

usual AH sh1te - cherry pick and ignore the rest
    See my post above. And maybe just mull it over for a sec and consider how you could easily have been misconstrued...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

There are a lot of women bashing threads on AH and there are a few men bashing one too.

If I was a sociologist asked to give an opinion of Irish people based solely on AH I'd come to the conclusion that the Irish as a race were actually doomed, as Irish men and Irish women had completely gone off each other.:pac::eek:

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Aren't Irish men lazy, fat good for nothing ugly trolls who are also uncouth pervs?
    JupiterKid wrote: »
    there a a few men bashing one too.
    I honestly can't think of any, other than one by some scary nut-job whom I think got banned. It's probably because there are far fewer women than men on Boards, and I'm not saying there aren't women who make sweeping statements about Irish men (there sure are) but I just don't associate the above with actual threads being started, just the odd stupid "Yeah well men are crap" comment following provocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Dudess wrote: »
    Ah in fairness, it totally looked like you were saying "So what if there are loads of insults being thrown at you on this thread, get over it! You can't say anything to an Irish woman" etc etc. I'm not saying that's what you meant, now that you've clarified it, but you did say it on this thread (a women-bashing one) and didn't specify that you were talking about constructive criticism in general, just this thread and how it's about women, not men "so suck it up instead of bitching about it". You also said women here are always resorting to "All men are bastards" - they're not! Vast majority of the time, they defend, they don't provoke. The two are entirely different and I can't understand why some folks treat them as if they're the same.

Didn't in the least bit portray you as one - that's only what you're thinking now in fairness, not what I'm saying. I even said you don't usually strike me as someone who'd say what you said.

See my post above. And maybe just mull it over for a sec and consider how you could easily have been misconstrued...

ok look im going to put this one to bed ,

obviously my initial post was taken up the wrong way , granted i might have poised the point/question in a different way , i thought it was a fair question to ask , also i read the OP , and posted a reply , i did not see the posts that followed the original OP , or the direction it was taking

i still think it was a totally valid question to ask , it should not have been taken the way it was - and the response to my question was fairly OTT ,

and the insinuation by some posters that i have " form " for this kind of thing is absolute rubbish - i dont do " shes a gee bag / hes a prick " threads

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

There was a French woman on Gerry Ryan several years who had written a book about 'Why French Women don't Get Fat' or something to that extent.
    The following year, a study was released that stated that 'French women had the highest obesity levels in Europe'.

Don't drink the kool-aid.

True story. As for the asians...-->http://caloriecount.about.com/forums/weight-loss/myth-asian-girls-naturally-slim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

tempura wrote: »
    You forgot three fiddy !

Ihave never understood what that means :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Lustrum wrote: »
    I'm with Eve on this one, I wouldn't sway my wife for all the fake tits in Colombia (for those who haven't been, there are mucho!) and she's all Dublin.

It's gas how lads think that all Irish women are munters, I can understand the idea that Italians are beautiful, but as for the french and especially the spanish, there are a lot more moonpigs in Paris and Madrid than Penelope Cruz lookalikes
    :D:D:D:D
    The perfect post, but only 2 thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Number of AH threads complaining about fat men: 0

And men say they are the hated sex :rolleyes:

Number of AH threads complaining about fat men: 0

And men say they are the hated sex :rolleyes:

They're all fat!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

It's not surprising there's more sweeping generalisations made about Irish women on AH. What's surprising is the men making those comments still don't see how pathetic they are being. I'm sorry that you can't get your hole. It's not my fault, as a woman who has done absolutely nothing to you.

Gets popcorn :p

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fundlebundle

It's not surprising there's more sweeping generalisations made about Irish women on AH. What's surprising is the men making those comments still don't see how pathetic they are being. I'm sorry that you can't get your hole. It's not my fault, as a woman who has done absolutely nothing to you.

I can't get my hole and I don't makes these comments. please don't tar us all with the same brush. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I can't get my hole and I don't makes these comments. please don't tar us all with the same brush. :)

Bet you're young :rolleyes:

I'm confused :confused: My post is directed at men who make misogynistic sweeping generalisations about women. If you're not one of those men, then my post doesn't apply to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Hmmmm...

The title of this thread is The Middle Aged Irish Woman..

So far I have come to the conclusion that I am supposed to be fat, ugly and a pain in the ass to all Irish men!

Well I'm none of those things, I'm 43, so in fairness I am middle aged given that I would be doing well if I survive to age 86!

So seeing as I qualify to post here with my opinion as a middle aged Irish woman, I'll give you my thoughts:

I look forward to reading boards when I'm going on about incontinence pants and you are all middle aged!

MMMMMMMMWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

See how you like it then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I've always found when Irish people say this it's really a reflection of their own narcissism. No one really cares about this little slave of Britain country. I'm Italian originally, but I was raised here, I have a neutral accent.

Now that's just being c*nty.
    Having said that the original statement is terribly misguided. Very few people in non-native English speaking countries would even recognize an accent.

Then how come when I lived in Germany for 2 years, I was continuously in relationships or having one night stand encounters? Yet whenever I'm here, women think they are too good for me and snub me whenever I've tried to talk to them.

They seem to think that they excrete golden chocolate bars which smell of perfume.

hmm, quite, yes, fascinating.

Please tell me more about your imaginary sexual conquests :pac:

hmm, quite, yes, fascinating.

Please tell me more about your imaginary sexual conquests :pac:

Ah now, PrincessLola, don't be a stuck up bitch and shag jammy roger there. ;)

Ah now, PrincessLola, don't be a stuck up bitch and shag jammy roger there. ;)

I couldn't possibly, how could I ever compare to all those German wimmin?? :pac:

Incidently, I believe that this is the same basement dwelling neckbeard who keeps re-regging just to join in on these types of threads.

• Advertisement

I couldn't possibly, how could I ever compare to all those German wimmin?? :pac:

Incidently, I believe that this is the same basement dwelling neckbeard who keeps re-regging just to join in on these types of threads.

I suppose you are old and fat :p How could you compare to the Germans.

(Unless you're younger than 30 in which case you're not fat....but still stuck up and up for the ride, but ONLY when not in Ireland)

Jaysus have I got that right? I can't keep up with what Irish women are supposedly like :pac:

Its sad really, but when I was a teenager I remember not having the emotional maturity to deal with this awful attitude, I'd get so upset learning that if I refused boy's advances I was a bitch and a tease, but if I did what he wanted I was called a slut.

Now I'm my twenties and no longer give a f*ck :pac:
    Thank you feminism!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

Ihave never understood what that means :o

Me neither to be honest, but I see it all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

well actuly to be fair your pretty cool i remember I meet you :)

South Park reference yo.

Its still not funny, it was NEVER funny.

get your tits out for the lads :cool:

Snowie wrote: »
    well actuly to be fair your pretty cool i remember I meet you :)

What ? You met me ? Where ?

What ? You met me ? Where ?

at an after hours beers :D we had an interesting debate about the gym vas extreme sports :D

after hours beers :pac:

Snowie wrote: »
    at an after hours beers :D we had an interesting debate about the gym vas extreme sports :D

Ah yes, I remember, Messrs maguires, god, that was about two years ago. you changed your user name. Your the rock climber ?

• Advertisement

Ah yes, I remember, Messrs maguires, god, that was about two years ago. you changed your user name. Your the rock climber ?

Yus and yus and yus :)
    it was a good beers too.. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement