Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can't access the prison forum?

• 09-03-2012 2:50am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭

hmm seems to be a bit of an anomaly. I can't access the prison forum for some reason. Anyone able to fix that up? Thanks!:)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You were permabanned from there for a legal threat back in 2008. That explains why, but it'll up to the admins to unban you or not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Spear wrote: »
    You were permabanned from there for a legal threat back in 2008. That explains why, but it'll up to the admins to unban you or not.

IIRC (long time ago) it was not from that forum specifically. Rather it was the whole forum. When it was cleared up there were a couple of forums I could not access inc Feedback bizarrely even though I had never been banned from those forums individually. I think it's just an anomaly. It's a small matter maybe an admin might address.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

darkman2 wrote: »
    IIRC (long time ago) it was not from that forum specifically. Rather it was the whole forum. When it was cleared up there were a couple of forums I could not access inc Feedback bizarrely even though I had never been banned from those forums individually. I think it's just an anomaly. It's a small matter maybe an admin might address.

No, this was a specific ban from prison, and not a siteban.

No, this was a specific ban from prison, and not a siteban.

It wasn't, seriously. Check the feedback ban. Does it say the same? I am certain it was a siteban at the time.

It wasn't, seriously. Check the feedback ban. Does it say the same? I am certain it was a siteban at the time.

Your permaban from feedback preceded it by 14 minutes and was for "Spamming feedback, abuse, anything further is a siteban."

Your siteban and it's reason are separate things.

• Advertisement

Your permaban from feedback preceded it by 14 minutes and was for "Spamming feedback, abuse, anything further is a siteban."

Your siteban and it's reason are separate things.

It's the same surely because clearly the siteban stemmed from it:confused: Seems very strange to be sitebanned (permanently) from something in feedback then when un-sitebanned not to be able to access feedback!?...And the prison forum too. It's a strange anomaly is the only way I can describe it. I am not hung up on it. I just think it's interesting.

It's the same surely because clearly the siteban stemmed from it:confused: Seems very strange to be sitebanned (permanently) from something in feedback then when un-sitebanned not to be able to access feedback!?...And the prison forum too. It's a strange anomaly is the only way I can describe it. I am not hung up on it. I just think it's interesting.

No, forum bans and sitebans are different things. There's no anomaly, you were separately and specifically banned from Prison on 2008-09-11, 12:27 am for the reason of "Legal threat."

No, forum bans and sitebans are different things. There's no anomaly, you were separately and specifically banned from Prison on 2008-09-11, 12:27 am for the reason of "Legal threat."

That was what the siteban was for. Anyway I am not hung up on it. My view is it is anomalous. Clearly no one is interested.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,631 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Clearly no one is interested.

It's not that nobody is interested, it's that you're not listening:

If you are sitebanned, you have access to Prison so you can talk to the site administrators about the reason you were banned ONLY if you have not been explicitly banned from the Prison forum as well. If you are unbanned, then you are allowed to post again on all the public forums except the Prison forum because you are no longer an inmate, so to speak. The Prison forum is only for currently banned users, and administrators.

This is site policy, nothing is wrong, everything is working as it should be.

If you want to let boards.ie know how you feel about the policy, you can do so in the Feedback forum.

Shield wrote: »
    It's not that nobody is interested, it's that you're not listening:

If you are sitebanned, you have access to Prison so you can talk to the site administrators about the reason you were banned ONLY if you have not been explicitly banned from the Prison forum as well. If you are unbanned, then you are allowed to post again on all the public forums except the Prison forum because you are no longer an inmate, so to speak. The Prison forum is only for currently banned users, and administrators.

This is site policy, nothing is wrong, everything is working as it should be.

If you want to let boards.ie know how you feel about the policy, you can do so in the Feedback forum.

So normal registered users can't see the prison forum? If that's true then there is no issue I agree.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

So normal registered users can't see the prison forum? If that's true then there is no issue I agree.

Ok, let me spell it out.

Normal users of Boards can read the prison forum but cannot post in it.

Most sitebanned users can only see Prison, and can only post in their own threads.

Users who make legal threats, spambots, those with no real right to appeal will be sitebanned without access to Prison.

You first received a ban from Feedback for abuse on the 11/9/2008. You were warned that any further abuse and you would be sitebanned. You were sitebanned (for making a legal threat?) and this resulted in a forum-ban from Prison.

Your siteban was lifted, but your two forum bans (from Feedback for abuse) and from Prison for a legal threat remain. This is why you cannot access those forums.

I agree with you that if your siteban was for a legal threat and it was rescinded then your forum-ban from Prison should be rescinded too. Why don't you send a private message to the moderator of Prison and ask?

Your ban in Feedback for abuse will most likely stay, it is not an anomaly.

Ok thanks very much for your reply, sure I will send a PM to one of the moderators. Can you tell me the moderator names because I can't view the forum so I don't know. Thanks!:)

There's only Gordon officially as mod of there.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I've cleared your permissions on the Prison forum, so you should have access now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement