Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Battery types

• 25-03-2012 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi all i have an m4 with all stock internals motor, gears, hop up etc the battery that came with it has (NI-MH 2/3A 1100mAh HP 8.4V) written on it.

Am just wondering what battery i could upgrade to that wud be better and last longer etc ??

and if u cud recomend a place were i could get them wud be very much appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭tomaswatkins

would depend on the make of the gun most m4s as standerd can go up to 9.6 but you would need to share the brand and how old it is to know for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭scotsman1990

it has colt written on the gun if thats the make and its less than a year old if that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Hi all i have an m4 with all stock internals motor, gears, hop up etc the battery that came with it has (NI-MH 2/3A 1100mAh HP 8.4V) written on it.

Am just wondering what battery i could upgrade to that wud be better and last longer etc ??

it sounds like you have an 8.4v Nimh 'mini' type battery (so called because of the size/type of the connector; mini-tamyia) judging by the mAh rating you've given.

Assuming it's a garden variety 8.4v mini (2 rows of three battery cells with one across the bottom), you can easily pick up the same type of battery with a higher mAh rating, which will give you more shots at a minimum improvement; e.g. 1200 mAh, 1500mAh, etc.

I use Component-Shop for my batteries (but then again my better half & I also use all sorts), but any airsoft shop should be able provide 8.4v or 8.4v mini battery types of varying mAh sizes.

Advertisement