Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Big merge) Hairdressers in Galway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭forumfiend

39steps wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Does anyone know of a hairdressing salon that open 8.15/8.30am? I need an early appointment this Friday, 25 June preferably on west side of city.
    Thanks a mill,
    39steps

Why not phone a few of them and ask if they can accommodate you. There's a recession on, after all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭antonf

The only one I know that does this is The Hut on Market Street. They're good but pricey - 65 euro for a wash, cut and blow dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭39steps

Thanks for the tip re. The Hut. I phoned 18 salons yesterday and got nowhere, 1 said they'd open at 8.30am if I had a minimum of 6 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Maybe have a look in the papers for hairdressers who work from home or do house calls? (Do they still do that?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Renaisance on Merchants Road open at 8am. It's only a new salon so therefore unproven but the staff were 'poached' from The Hut, allegedly.

(I know the owner)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Something-Wkd

Hi Everyone,

I hope this is the right place to post this.

I have always had my hair done by a girl called Sinead O'Connor in Galway. She used to work in The Hut by CPs Nightclub. I have been away from Galway for a year but am coming back in July. I called the salon looking for her but they say she has moved to a different salon in Galway (though they don't know where!)

Can anyone help me!? Does anyone know where she went? :)

Cheers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

moved from tLL :)

Cheers :)

Anyone know where Sinead from the Hut moved to??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

There's an ad for a Salon (new i think) called Renaisance on Merchants Road on pg 31 of yesterdays galway independent.

There's pictures of the stylists on it and there is a Sinead. There is a Daithi too and i know he definitly used to work in the Hut so it could be your girl.

• Advertisement

Ohhh...I think that's her!! You're a life saver!! Can't find a number though. Bah!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

I rule!

btw, the phone number is on the galway independent's ad: 091 530727

(I assume posting a phone number that is included in an advertisement in a publicly available newspaper is not against the rules of this forum)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Renaisance have no price list up so be sure to ask how much it's going to cost.

I got shafted in there paying €50 for a wash and blow dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭antonf

Sinead and Daithi have moved to a new salon called Renaissance near Louis Copeland in Merchants Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Sweet jebus- how was a wash & blow dry so expensive!!

man, they saw you coming :P

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Funky Kingston

SOA is amazing . Great deals and the two guys and girl that work there are all really talented ! I recommend the girl (not sure of her name but only one girl works there ) .... she is simply fantabulous at her job !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Sweet jebus- how was a wash & blow dry so expensive!!

Have no idea. It wasn't even a fancy blow dry just a regular one. My jaw dropped when she said the price.
    Xiney wrote: »
    man, they saw you coming :P

Well with flaming red hair I had who wouldn't have seen me coming!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭trio

Does nobody go to Peter Marks anymore at all? Opinions??

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Betsysquared

Tom from Visage has now gone to The Hut

Best hair stylist I ever had, also the loveliest guy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

trio wrote: »
    Does nobody go to Peter Marks anymore at all? Opinions??

Went to Peter Mark in the Corrib shopping centre last time I got my hair done. Would recommend Valarie. Was actually better value than I'd expected...student rates though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 madra10

I was in Renaissance today and the price for a wash and blow dry is between 20-35 depending on hair.
    I got a cut for 58euro which is fairly standard.
    The prices are not in the window but they give a card with the price list and nothing was exactly 50euro.
    They were friendly and its a really nice place. And I got an excellent cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 galway girl 30

iv been goin into renaissance for the last 2 months and it is actually cheaper than most of the other salons i town, there is nothing on the price list for 50e!!!! it is a fab salon and the staff are very experinced. definately somewhere id recommened to my friends :)

how nice of both of you to sign up just to post that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

madra10 and galway girl 30 given infractions for spamming/shilling.

Take an ad banner out instead by emailing sales at boards.ie instead.
    It's cheaper and more effective in both time and wages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 eviancool

hi all,

i was just wondering if any of you have had any experiences with fringe benefits in galway? i have a wedding to go to in a couple of months and was thinking of going here to get the usual hair and make up. if any one could give me any pointers on this place that would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

AFAIK anyone I have spoken to have gotten on well. I went there once and was very happy and know my cousin went there last week and came out as happy..she's a regular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

My mum has gone there a few times for her hair and been very pleased with the outcome. I used them for their special offers before for a wedding, got spray tan and eyes done..wasnt too happy with spray tan but thats just personal preference..was my first time doing it and I realised after I prefer my pale look! Got a great deal on them tho! Spray tan was half price and the eye trio was part of my mums cut & blowdry for a set price.
    One bad thing is Ive tried to book in for beauty a few times now but they seem to only have 1 girl for this and only take booking for the special offer on that day i.e if special offer is spray tans, they more than likely wont take bookings for waxing that day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement