Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dreamer of the year (Arcade Edition)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

o1s1n wrote: »
    It's bizarre isn't it? I particularly like;

Ive had enough! From now on i will block you,if u do without warning! its u who will spoil your face

In fairness to the seller, it does appear you can do or say whatever you want as long as a fair warning is given.

It's one of the more looney listings I have seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

'ive had enough of fickle,tight fisted people!...Hows that for truth!'

'And Never Use any other codes But These...only!!! or you will damage the machine and circuit and i wont be accountable for your misuse & i will no if you have done this,so
    listen to me and you wont go wrong and have many hours of fun like ive had on it ;-)...U have been warned! Dudes/Dudettes'

Charasmatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm aware its a somewhat rare game, and thoroughly excellent, but not worth nearly €240.

It wasn't rare a few weeks ago, tesco just had it stockpiled...

Yes, I'm aware of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Ah, the rare cracked-flap edition.

Sidenote: cracked-flap is now my favourite combination of words.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

That seems to be all that seller does, buy from one seller and resell at higher price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

What surprises me is that people would still buy off him with 10 negative feedbacks.

• Advertisement

Someone should lay a trap for him........
    then claim he didnt show up or send him on a wild goose chase around dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 34,391 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Well that's some of the worst adverts feedback I've ever seen :eek:

There's another guy with 13 negs (Finariel).
    That's the real problem with Adverts nowadays, there's no real reprocussions for timewasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

That's the real problem with Adverts nowadays, there's no real reprocussions for timewasters.

I got a 3ds xl of that guy. Bleeding thing had a pin on it, so I couldn't connect to the internet.
    Tried to get in contact with him but no luck.

Why would you buy that N64 anyway, is it not fake?

Adverts doesn't seem to have any moderation, everyone breaks the minimum offer rule there is no penalty for this, no one reads the descriptions, the mention of swap comes into every sale even if its clearly written in the advert no swaps. Users should need to have a link to a paypal account or some way to pay a deposit of say €1-5 to make an offer on something, this way if someone makes and offer and doesn't follow through there is a penalty which the seller and or the adverts team would receive, if the transaction go's ahead the €1-5 would be refunded.

Master of the Universe

Adverts doesn't seem to have any moderation, everyone breaks the minimum offer rule there is no penalty for this, no one reads the descriptions, the mention of swap comes into every sale even if its clearly written in the advert no swaps. Users should need to have a link to a paypal account or some way to pay a deposit of say €1-5 to make an offer on something, this way if someone makes and offer and doesn't follow through there is a penalty which the seller and or the adverts team would receive, if the transaction go's ahead the €1-5 would be refunded.

And yet it's something they now want us to pay for too :rolleyes:

They've tried to tart the whole thing up with fancy new gimmicks, TV ads etc - when they should be really focusing on making the place work first. Cart before the horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Monkeykube wrote: »

I saw a guy being offered €15 for a boxed Wii in great condition in Gamestop.
    Even the staff looked embarrassed.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Even the staff looked embarrassed.

Well its standard pricing on the system now. Although they still sell the thing for €80, so yes it is way too little.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

cloud493 wrote: »
    Well its standard pricing on the system now. Although they still sell the thing for €80, so yes it is way too little.

To give them their due, they did suggest taking it to CEX in Santry.
    Although they appear to be offering a tenner cash and fifteen on trade for one!
    Bad times for Wii owners hoping to trade up, small ads is the only place to go now with them, maybe get €35 with a or two thrown in.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

60508f37b81ed43186ed883448d2f5d65099ff136d2ec52dd7673e90157c880a.jpg

I think this is the most expensive mame cab I have seen on Adverts, nasty button layout too....1800 and no less.:)

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/arcade-machine-1000-games-self-pickup/6045606

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Lol, i came on here to post that.. what a dope, and the cheek in the ad too saying he already dropped it from 2000. its a 400 euro cab max i think and even then i wouldnt be bothered with it.

Master of the Universe

And it's a poor converted Mercs cab too :(

Funny thing is that photo of that cabinet was on done deal only a couple days ago for €700 with the following advert:
    An arcade machine with 60 games on it,

works perfectly but needs a new control panel,

not lowering the price any lower so don't ask,

already lowered it from 800.

Let me know if you're interested
    and also the same guy who has had this listed for about 2years with prices ranging from 1000-2500
    http://web.archive.org/web/20131110010147/http://www.donedeal.ie/games-for-sale/custom-built-mame-arcade-machine/2917060

and also the same guy who has had this listed for about 2years with prices ranging from 1000-2500

I remember that cab for sale, bit of an aquired taste in its design. Reminded me of this lad for some reason.

2783051-middleton.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Monkeykube wrote: »
    I think this is the most expensive mame cab I have seen on Adverts, nasty button layout too....1800 and no less.:)

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/arcade-machine-1000-games-self-pickup/6045606

I asked a few questions about this and he didn't seem to know too much about it and for that price he is definitely dreaming

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Seriously, what is that button layout? I mean, was it ever standard in anything other than mental land? It's as though it was racked together by someone who'd only ever heard of a cabinet and not seen one in person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Donatron

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Seriously, what is that button layout? I mean, was it ever standard in anything other than mental land? It's as though it was racked together by someone who'd only ever heard of a cabinet and not seen one in person.

Assuming the 2nd player doesn't have the aid of a mechanical 90 degree robotic wrist of some sort, he would actually have to stand where the first should normally be just to be able to use those buttons

Advertisement