Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apache Pizza Rip Off Deal

• 03-05-2012 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hmm I just ordered the any pizza any size €9.99 deal.....I thought it sounded like a great deal!....But then they slap on €3.00 delivery charge ( they normally do free delivery for purchases over €10) in total for a pizza and a lousy box of chips i payed €15.50 (after they slapped the tax on also).....

RIP OFF :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

brian26w wrote: »
    Hmm I just ordered the any pizza any size €9.99 deal.....I thought it sounded like a great deal!....But then they slap on €3.00 delivery charge ( they normally do free delivery for purchases over €10) in total for a pizza and a lousy box of chips i payed €15.50 (after they slapped the tax on also).....

I jut got 2 pizzas for €20 with no delivery charge (Dublin 15)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,811 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

What size did you order? I got their biggest pizza for 13 Euro a few days ago, it should have been 22ish. It does say that there will be a delivery charge on the menu.

Edit.

What tax?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 brian26w

Ok the delivery charge seems to be at their discretion (I ordered from D11).....Normally they dont charge for delivery over €10 so if you order more with the pizza I thought maybe that would apply, I think it could have been clearer though!

Here`s the invoice I received:

105pml0.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

How is it a rip off? They say theres a delivery charge if its under €10, €9.99 is under €10 is it not?

It was over €10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭bbsrs

Pizza in ireland and the UK is rip off anyways plus its sh?t. Like in Italy a proper freshly made pizza in a normal pizza place is 4 to 5 euro takeaway , all the way up to 8 if you eat in a restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭peteypop

Ill think you will find that the deal is for 4 toppings which includes cheese, so you were charged for 2 extra toppings and there was no delivery charge.

bbsrs wrote: »
    Pizza in ireland and the UK is rip off anyways plus its sh?t. Like in Italy a proper freshly made pizza in a normal pizza place is 4 to 5 euro takeaway , all the way up to 8 if you eat in a restaurant.

I know exactly what ya mean, .I had pizza in Sorento and i`ve never had anything like it since! :pac:

I reckon the best pizza over here is probably mizzonis (I dont work for them by the way....and probably just as well coz i`d be one fat mofo if I did)

peteypop wrote: »
    Ill think you will find that the deal is for 4 toppings which includes cheese, so you were charged for 2 extra toppings and there was no delivery charge.

I think you`ll find that the deal is for "any pizza any size"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

mmmmm... pizza :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭peteypop

I think you`ll find that the deal is for "any pizza any size"

http://www.apache.ie/menu.htm

i think you should read the small print then.

peteypop wrote: »
    http://www.apache.ie/menu.htm

i think you should read the small print then.

If they advertise "ANY PIZZA" only €9.99 in bold writing when it fact they dont mean ANY pizza, then they are just bigger a-holes in my view

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

It is any pizza, any size €10, no matter how many pizzas you order, there should only be one delivery charge. It shouldnt be included in the price of the pizza, it should be shown seperately. If this was not the case, report the store to Apache Head office.

ETA: Here's their feedback page, try lodging a complaint there first.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Here`s the invoice I received:

105pml0.png
    You got a €13.00 pizza, and a €2.50 bag of chips, of which the total is €15.50.

They also show you how much tax you've spent, as opposed to charging you extra tax. Finally, it doesn't mention a delivery charge.

It would seem that you didn't get the €9.99 deal. If you had, and they had slapped a €3 delivery charge, it would have been €12.99, but it's not, it's €13.00 so it seems you are incorrect.

/edit
    As someone has said, the deal is for a max of 4 toppings. You selected five toppings, so the deal price no longer applies to your pizza.

DO NOT MIX UP SIZE AND TOPPINGS, as this is what you have done.

the_syco wrote: »

They also show you how much tax you've spent, as opposed to charging you extra tax. Finally, it doesn't mention a delivery charge.

It would seem that you didn't get the €9.99 deal. If you had, and they had slapped a €3 delivery charge, it would have been €12.99, but it's not, it's €13.00 so it seems you are incorrect.

The 9.99 isn't a deal, its just that all pizzas originally above this price are now 9.99. Also for the sake of the drivers, they charge €10.

@the_syco, the deal says 4 toppings, but he bought a set pizza, The Geronimo, so the deal does apply

the_syco wrote: »

You`re right I noticed that about the tax later, but I did get the €9.99 deal. I called them and they told me it was extra for delivery, so I dont know why it was €13.00 instead of €12.99. For some reason the free delivery service doesn't apply (in that store) if you go for that deal, like jack presley said "no delivery charge in D15"

It seems to be at the franchisees discretion whether or not to charge delivery which is bad business as it makes it hard for Apache to maintain consistency across stores.

Their advertising says "any pizza" ...underneath this it says 4 toppings?

I would have expected to pay €12.49 not €15.50. It`s only a couple of Euro....but it`s turned me off buying from them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭bbsrs

Boo Apache !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,385 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I'm here watching Dora with my kids and all I want right now is a pizza...how wrong is that?

Just for the record, its any set menu pizza or a create your own with 4 toppings. For the sake of fairness, I will disclose that I do work for Apache. However I do not represent them and I urge you to investigate this further as it seems a case of a franchisee overcharging, this is my view formed from the information here. In my store, the delivery charge is €2 and is always shown seperate to all other charges.

• Advertisement

mmcn90 wrote: »
    Just for the record, its any set menu pizza or a create your own with 4 toppings. For the sake of fairness, I will disclose that I do work for Apache. However I do not represent them and I urge you to investigate this further as it seems a case of a franchisee overcharging, this is my view formed from the information here. In my store, the delivery charge is €2 and is always shown seperate to all other charges.

I appreciate your honesty on this. I went to the trouble of complaining (which I dont normally do) So I may go email head office just to make sure it doesn't happen to anybody else.

I'm here watching Dora with my kids and all I want right now is a pizza...how wrong is that?

That`s very wrong......but then again :)

105pml0.png

Actually looking at this again, it could be a case of a problem with the online ordering system, although the manager doesnt seem to have been very helpful. Glasnevin (I'm assuming this is where you ordered from), advertise that they have free delivery. So, the pizza should have been €10, €2.50 for the chips and free delivery. My advice is get a screenshot of where it says free delivery on the online ordering page, and send that along with your delivery invoice to head office.

Advertisement