Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eircom Broadband Password Problem

• 04-10-2006 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I need some help setting up broadband for Eircom, when i go to enter eircom@eircom.net as username and broadband1 as password, it comes up as not being able to connect to target server. Also on the Router the DSL and ethernet lights are green but the internet light is red. Router is Netopia. If anyone can help, Please do:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Astriix wrote:
    I need some help setting up broadband for Eircom, when i go to enter eircom@eircom.net as username and broadband1 as password, it comes up as not being able to connect to target server. Also on the Router the DSL and ethernet lights are green but the internet light is red. Router is Netopia. If anyone can help, Please do:confused:

Who told you to use eircom@eircom.net as the username?

http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net says that the username is just eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Username is just 'eircom', not 'eircom@eircom.net'
    Password is correct 'broadband1'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Astriix

Thanks for the response. I tried just eircom also but still doesnt work. I was on to the helpdesk and they asked me to enter support as username and test1234 as password and nothing was happening. It is showing up on the eircom broadband login page as disconnected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Ya try admin for user name and password!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

Is Eircom's default password not "scumbucket"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Actually I'm very impressed with Eircom on this one. For example I had to reset a router for a customers broadband who were sure that they were with digiweb. They were with them for web hosting and of course they had no isp documentation. For the hell of it I put in the Eircom/broadband1 username and password and what do you know - it worked!

however I do remember the old days when you had to ring up eircom andget passed round several different phone numbers looking for the username and password. Each time one department would say its the other - business broadband to premier broadband to broadband support. Merry circles indeed.

At least they can get one little thing right.

Hi
    I tried ringing Helpdesk again, same story as before. They told me to put in Broadband 1 and eircom and again it didnt work. I even had somebody who works in IT with me and it would not work for them either. Eircom wont even ring me back to let me know if there is somebody coming out to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jayo2004

Astriix wrote:
    Also on the Router the DSL and ethernet lights are green but the internet light is red. Router is Netopia.

What model is the router i dont think the internet light should be red??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭ob

Foxwood wrote:
    Who told you to use eircom@eircom.net as the username?

http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net says that the username is just eircom

'eircom@eircom.net' works fine as a username. Its in by default as the username on newer (firmware) routers. Not sure if the old username of 'eircom' will still work on these as well.

jayo2004 wrote:
    What model is the router i dont think the internet light should be red??
    I am using the Netopia 3347NWG model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jayo2004

are you using the black coloured router or the new silver one they are shipping. Here is some info on reseting it and will also answer your username and password questions. My 3347wg does not have an internet light but I think it shoud be green like the rest of the lights. try a reset as described below

http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=51&E=0000000000035622725&K=8853&Sxi=18&Question7536=obj(7536):obj(7540)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Have you had any luck in solving this as I have the exact same problem. Eircom gave me various usernames to try but no luck.

Has anybody else got experience of this problem. I have been passed around to many different folks in Eircom and nobody seems to have a clue.

Basically it's the problem as discribed above. On my modem I have a solid green light for DSL, but a red light for internet. When I connect to the 192.168.1.254 gateway, I get the message "Cannot connect to target service. Please contact the help desk." I contacted the help desk who gave me two other passwords to try, neither of which worked. A day later I got a phonecall from tech support, and they told me the problem was that my order was still incomplete, and that I needed to ring sales and get them to complete the order. When I rang sales, I got throught to a very rushed sounding guy, who told me that as I signed up for the broadband in a 3G store, I needed to call this number 1800 786742 to activate the modem. So I rang the number only to discover that it does not exist. I rang sales back and the person I got through to never heard of this or any similar number, told me my order was complete and forwarded me back to tech support. Tech support who still don't know what the problem is. It seems to be the same thing as happened to Astriix above.

I'm using the Netopia 2347NWG modem and I bought the Home Starter Go pack in 3G. Does any have any ideas?

When I connect to the 192.168.1.254 gateway, I get the message "Cannot connect to target service. Please contact the help desk."
    Is that the first page that you get when you connect to the router? Are there no menus or anything?

Can you post a screenshot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Rebeller

Sounds like "Arsecom" haven't actually activated your braodband account yet. I had a similar problem when I switched from dial-up to broadband last year.

How long has it been since you placed your order? I'd contact the original retailer (3G) and tell them that if they won't sort it out you want a refund as they have failed to provide the service for which you have paid.

Doesn't get you broadband I know but this problem is only a sign of things to come.

The first page I get when I connect to the router is one which asks for username and password to connect. After entering this and waiting a while I get this:
    gateway1.jpg

If I click on Home button in the corner, I get this:

gateway2.jpg

Okay, that wasn't entirely clear from earlier posts. I'd have to concur with Rebeller - it sounds like you account hasn't been activated, but you might want to click on the Expert Mode link and see if there are any Log files that might give you more information about what the problem is.

It's a bit odd that the modem reports a 256k upstream, when Home Starter is only supposed to have 128k. Your attenuation numbers look okay.

Here are the logs if that is any help. I have just rebooted.

*Edit: removed*

Sorry, without access to a Netopia of myon, I can't compare that to a successfu login. There's nothing in there to suggest that there's a problem on your end, and if I had to guess, I'd have to say the problem is at the exchange end. (The 00:00:01:17 RFC1483-1 up entries suggest that your modem is talking to the exchange).

Got it sorted now. As suspected it was a mistake on Eircom's side. They went through the connection process again and I am now in action.

• Advertisement
Advertisement