Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 PotatoSTALKER

I look forward to playing this on the pc, shame it will be using GFWL.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Remember, if all else fails: http://i.imgur.com/RVOnH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,792 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

about to head to the last boss , just wondering can i get back out of there if i want ? i am not going to fight him yet, just want to kill some back knights for their generous drops

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 36,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

2smiggy wrote: »
    about to head to the last boss , just wondering can i get back out of there if i want ? i am not going to fight him yet, just want to kill some back knights for their generous drops

You can leave the area before you enter the white mist to fight him. During the fight you can use Homeward/Homeward Bone or die to return but you can enter the Kiln of the First Flame and farm the knight with no problem.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

You can leave the area before you enter the white mist to fight him. During the fight you can use Homeward/Homeward Bone or die to return but you can enter the Kiln of the First Flame and farm the knight with no problem.

thanks ! could not remember on first playthrough. i will beef up my weapons before i murder all of the nasty blacksmiths :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Big Fire Spider Woman (Quelag or something) down. Not too hard tbh, fire resist gear plus lots of blocking. Killed he on the 2nd attempt, first try got one shotted by something or other. And a big scary ominous gate has opened. Exciting times.

Also, the Fire Keeper at Firelink appears to have died and the bonfire has gone out.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,992 ✭✭✭✭noodler

danthefan wrote: »

Also, the Fire Keeper at Firelink appears to have died and the bonfire has gone out.

Thats actually your fault!

noodler wrote: »
    Thats actually your fault!
    Ha ha! It's funny 'cause it's true! You can give payback for this a bit later if you want. This is a great game.

Iron Golem down. Found the area quite tough, got way way through it but died before reaching a bonfire which was painful, lost about 12k souls too :(

The boss wasn't too bad, rolled off the edge a few times but other than that he was grand.

Also starting using the Lightning Spear which I got and upgraded, doesn't do as much damage per hit as the Black Knight Sword for me but it's quicker and can obviously block while using it.

Do I need to go to the blacksmith to upgrade a weapon to +5? Doesn't seem to be an option at the bonfire.

Have I mentioned I love this game?

Iron Golem down. Found the area quite tough, got way way through it but died before reaching a bonfire which was painful, lost about 12k souls too :(

The boss wasn't too bad, rolled off the edge a few times but other than that he was grand.

Also starting using the Lightning Spear which I got and upgraded, doesn't do as much damage per hit as the Black Knight Sword for me but it's quicker and can obviously block while using it.

Do I need to go to the blacksmith to upgrade a weapon to +5? Doesn't seem to be an option at the bonfire.

Have I mentioned I love this game?
    Don't worry about the 12K souls - you'll easily make those up later.

As for the lightening spear these need titanite chunks to be upgraded (as any lightening weapon does). Do you have many of those? I don't think you need to get to a blacksmith but the one in Anor Londo can make lightening weapons so you don't have far to go anyways.
    I always preferred the Black Knight Sword, did me for the entire first play through right up to the end when I ended up picking up the Black Knight Axe. Are you going with a strength build or?

• Advertisement

I've gone back to the Black Knight Sword. It actually does way more damage for me than the Lightning Spear.

Going through Anor Londo now. Had one go at Ornstein and Smough but got smacked about. Will try again tomorrow.

May farm some souls or something to upgrade the Black Knight Sword, the blacksmith there sells Twinkling Titanite, 8k a pop though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

8k a pop though.
    Put your summon sign down at the start of the bridge before O&S (where you fight the first Gargoyle). This will let you get a bit of practice on the bosses and earn some mega souls if they're defeated. You could go back and do the same before the Iron Golem which would give you less souls but would be easier.

You could also base yourself at the first bonfire in the castle and keep getting the local silver knights to respawn. Easy souls if a bit tedious.

penev10 wrote: »
    Put your summon sign down at the start of the bridge before O&S (where you fight the first Gargoyle).
    Probably better put it at the bonfire near the silver nights, no? That's where I think most summoning happens around there. One of my favourite parts of the game was getting summoned for S&O fight. If you want cheat and easy souls there's always darkroot gardens...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,992 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I get the most summon success on the steps right before Smough and Ornstein.

Quite alot of success actually.

finished ng+ and joined the dark wraiths in ng++ , not too far into it but getting a bit slaughtered on invading. then again i was invading in the forest and always 2 people waiting for me. but had some good fun when other blue invaders present , once they don't all turn on me !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Just lost 28 humanity and 300k. I hate everything:mad:

Sheet. You on NG or NG+? 28 humanity is a whole load of farming. Why'd you have it so high?

Issac wrote: »
    Sheet. You on NG or NG+? 28 humanity is a whole load of farming. Why'd you have it so high?

NG+ in anor londo. Had it from invading and being summoned, and I don't think I lost any after sens in NG. The 2 archer knights got me. Have a good few humanities and twins in my inventory though, getting a bit bored with my character all the same. Might start again.

Edit: also darkhanded loads of NPCs. Easy humanity

28!! Humanity stops scaling at 10 doesn't it? It does for chaos weapons anyway maybe not item discovery.

I don't know why more people dont start again with different builds. By the time you get to SL70/80 you can be an absolute collossus and even NG+ can be quite unrewarding.

28!! Humanity stops scaling at 10 doesn't it? It does for chaos weapons anyway maybe not item discovery.

I don't know why more people dont start again with different builds. By the time you get to SL70/80 you can be an absolute collossus and even NG+ can be quite unrewarding.

I'm doing a strength build so it didn't make a difference either way. It just kept building up. Still have 50 odd in my inventory and a few twins, hadn't been using them

• Advertisement

Just finished NG+. So close to platinum now...
    Might start a new character after this. Any suggestions on faith or miracle builds?

Issac wrote: »
    Just finished NG+. So close to platinum now...
    Might start a new character after this. Any suggestions on faith or miracle builds?
    I think you're best off using FAI as a secondary stat as it doesn't really pay off til later in the game (Occult ember being essential due to the relatively poor scaling with Divine weapons). You could go STR and then pump FAI when you get the Grant. I think the Demon Great Axe gets to A scaling with Occult too but again that requires high STR.

Miracle wise I havent a clue as the weapon situation put me off faith builds.

is the grant worth levelling up faith for ? i have the weapon, but only 21 faith i think. even though i think faith is the best way to go if your fighting PvP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

what item do you need to prevent or cure getting toxic in blight town and what item do you need and where do you get it for killing the ghosts

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Check what clothes you are wearing - you should be able to find something in blighttown to help here - raises your resistance to poison/toxic.
    In terms of curing it - one of the flowers not sure which or
    you can use a miracle if you have it

Ghosts - where are you meeting them? If new londo - yup that is fun.
    You can only interact with them when cursed - so either get cursed by the big lizards in the sewers or there is an item you can use that temporarily curses you - personally I went there after getting cursed - less playing around though your HP is halved.

what item do you need to prevent or cure getting toxic in blight town and what item do you need and where do you get it for killing the ghosts
    You need Purple Blooming(?) Moss. You can get it as a fairly consistent drop from enemies in the Dark Root Garden or from the female merchant (she's between the entrance to the Depths and the sewer pipe short-cut back to the Firelink Shrine)

She also sells temporary curses which allow you to fight ghosts. The ghosts themselves drop the temporary curses and you find more in the New Londo ruins so no need to stock up too much

2smiggy wrote: »
    is the grant worth levelling up faith for ? i have the weapon, but only 21 faith i think. even though i think faith is the best way to go if your fighting PvP
    If you have the stats you should be looking at about 700 ATK. The R2 attack is similar to Wrath of the Gods but is allegedly better. Basically it is well worth the 9 levels if you have the STR already.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

You need Purple Blooming(?) Moss. You can get it as a fairly consistent drop from enemies in the Dark Root Garden or from the female merchant (she's between the entrance to the Depths and the sewer pipe short-cut back to the Firelink Shrine)

She also sells temporary curses which allow you to fight ghosts. The ghosts themselves drop the temporary curses and you find more in the New Londo ruins so no need to stock up too much
    I made the mistake of attacking her - got spooked. Also my trigger finger slipped and I attacked and later killed another NPC in Anor Londo :(

Taltos wrote: »
    I made the mistake of attacking her - got spooked. Also my trigger finger slipped and I attacked and later killed another NPC in Anor Londo :(

Getting absolved from sin (something like that) by the guy in the Bellfry will revert NPCs to being friendly. Can be costly though as it scales with your SL.

• Advertisement

i put down my summon sign in anor londo, got summoned into dark anor londo, with 2 others. they were standing at either side of the bridge and both using the faith spell to slow people down, so no one invading could sprint away.

i find this unfair and only stayed for a few kills. was boring anyway. the host did give me 15 slabs of red blue and white titanite though ! :eek:

sent him a message thanking him, he said he just collects it from invaders and gives back to people helping him. sort of a robin hood type figure !! now all i have to do is get all the embers again

Advertisement