Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Liz23

You are a star! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

yabadabado wrote: »
    They will send you out a renewal form about 4-6 weeks before the end date.
    The claims are processed in end date order so having the claim in weeks/months in advance wont mean you will get it any quicker.

Thank you
    very much for the answer . I appreciate your help

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

yabadabado wrote: »
    I think its the second week of November but not certain.I will find out for you next week .

Oh, im 10th of nov, no sign of anything yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,511 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

They are processing claims with a start date of 10/11/11.

OK. im the 10th of nov... no sign yet.

• Advertisement

I'm the 11th nov. just rang them. Was told another 3 to 4 weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭theflash

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    OK. im the 10th of nov... no sign yet.

i'm the 10th nov too. got first payment 16th mar and second today. maybe you should ring them.

o thanks for posting, ill ring tomorrow|!

did you get notice of payment or did the money just appear in your account?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭theflash

o thanks for posting, ill ring tomorrow|!

did you get notice of payment or did the money just appear in your account?
    No i didnt get notice. but i did get the letter a few days later. still no sign of my back money.

O thats good to know, i callrd today but no answer, ill try again monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi All,

I made a new application for FIS in November. They registered it on 16th November. Still no payment yet, really struggling at moment, anyone know where they are with new applicants at the moment.

Did u get through to them, I'd be interested in what they said to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 yellbell

I rang last Wednesday, me date is the 15th November and was told it would be another 3-4 weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 yummymummy1979

I just called 5 mins ago. Ive been waiting since 16th Nov 2011. The guy said they are on this date now so it will be processed this week ;). Hope he is right, we really stuck for money.

Hi,

Quick question someone may be able to answer. When we applied for FIS I put on form I was receiving part-time JA, for 2 days per week, I signed off this week I made FIS application, but just wondering because I put it on application form, will I automatically be turned down for FIS or will they check to see I am no longer in receipt of this?:rolleyes:

Thanks

Hi,

Quick question someone may be able to answer. When we applied for FIS I put on form I was receiving part-time JA, for 2 days per week, I signed off this week I made FIS application, but just wondering because I put it on application form, will I automatically be turned down for FIS or will they check to see I am no longer in receipt of this?:rolleyes:

Thanks
    They will check it out for you,it wont mean you will automatically refused.
    You didnt need to sign off either,you could have stay on the casual JA and FIS would have decided if you were better off getting JA or FIS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 nasher 1982

Working on the 17th November today

Thanks so much for reply Yabadabado. That puts my mind at ease. Hoping to see some money in by next Thursday, well needed now.

our application was received on the 10th of nov
    i got a letter monday, dated the 15th of march refusing fis.

we were refused as the lady said we would be better off if myself and the kids were on my partner's BTEA claim.

i still dont get it.

if you add my wages and his btea per week together its no where near €606....

we have no other income.

i called them yesterday but the babies were crying and i had to hang up so ill try again today.

EDIT: got through to them again today, they were very helpful.

The income they have for me is based on the previous 43 weeks, including when i had a full time job!!

this amount is €100 more than i have been earning since last july.

This average puts us €15 over €606 per week....

So I have to re-apply again, now as we are entitled, its 43 weeks since i had a full time job.

it seems in this case, the advice given to me from the citizens information office was wrong...

does my employer fill out the form when im on maternity leave? Im not back till june.

our application was received on the 10th of nov
    i got a letter monday, dated the 15th of march refusing fis.

we were refused as the lady said we would be better off if myself and the kids were on my partner's BTEA claim.

i still dont get it.

if you add my wages and his btea per week together its no where near €606....

we have no other income.

i called them yesterday but the babies were crying and i had to hang up so ill try again today.

EDIT: got through to them again today, they were very helpful.

The income they have for me is based on the previous 43 weeks, including when i had a full time job!!

this amount is €100 more than i have been earning since last july.

This average puts us €15 over €606 per week....

So I have to re-apply again, now as we are entitled, its 43 weeks since i had a full time job.

it seems in this case, the advice given to me from the citizens information office was wrong...

does my employer fill out the form when im on maternity leave? Im not back till june.

Your employer needs to fill out the application with the info from the last 4 weeks before you went on maternity,then there is an average worked out between Mat leave and wages.

I would ring the person who refused you before you summit the new application and ask can you send it direct to them,it usually means it will not take as long to process it.

I have found that citizens information often given bad advice or are just not that familiar with certain schemes.TBH I would ask questions on this site quicker than go to the citizens info offices.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your help, i'm def going to apply asap.
    Oh god if i call that poor lady again!! Ill call her tomorrow and ask if i can post it to her. Its a balls though as HR is in Aisa.
    Not sure how long the form will take to come back this time...

Another week gone by and still nothing! I can't believe it, it' heading into 22 weeks of waiting now. This really is not on! Bills building up, and well as my stress level!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 yellbell

I rang today and was told they are working 17th November and my date is the 18th so should be dealt with next week!!!

Rang on Monday, was told then they were working on the 17th. I was the 11th. Processing that. But could take another few weeks! Does anybody know what d reason might be??

Liz23 wrote: »
    Rang on Monday, was told then they were working on the 17th. I was the 11th. Processing that. But could take another few weeks! Does anybody know what d reason might be??

You must have been given wrong information as they are definitely working on claims with a start date of 17/11/11.
    Your claim would be counted as a 17 November claim as payments only start from the first Thursday after the application is received in the FIS department.11/11/11 was a Friday so that would be then 17/11/11.

Do you have your acknowledgement letter to double check the date?

Do you have your acknowledgement letter to double check the date?[/Quote]

Yes, that's the date. That explains a bit more! Thanks!

Im the same. App registered on 16th nov. Anyone know how long it takes from being processed to getting some money?

Im the same. App registered on 16th nov. Anyone know how long it takes from being processed to getting some money?
    2 days for it to go into the bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi all just wndering I am a single parent but not claiming loan parents as trying to work thngs out does this mean I will be refused fis and told to apply for loan parents?

• Advertisement

amybee11 wrote: »
    Hi all just wndering I am a single parent but not claiming loan parents as trying to work thngs out does this mean I will be refused fis and told to apply for loan parents?
    No,you dont need to be on lone parents to apply for FIS.

Advertisement