Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Girl [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Dug a bit more info on this upcoming Canadian series: http://www.hollywoodnorthreport.com/article.php?Article=7903

Anyone watch this?...it was ok, kinda like Nightwatch...very low budget, Charmed level of CGI, Emmanuelle Vaugier guest starred...i swear that girl is in everything!!

It was ok, it gave me enough to at least watch it next week to see how it goes, had some very cheesy dialogue...."it's like the 4th of July in my mouth"....what?
    She's a sultry succubus, not stunning but not exactly ugly, then we have The Fae...light and dark sides, each faction having it's own weirdos and powers.

Feel kinda pulp graphic novel, one that sold about 10 issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

yeah, watched it just there. kinda confusing but i doubt they'd tell us everything in the pilot. it's not bad, kinda quirky. Bo isn't too bad looking, well not for a succubus at least ;) got me latched on to see how it develops. something new to pick up anyway.

Emmanuelle Vaugier...i knew i recognised her. remember her in smallville back when it was still good, and Being Erica as well for some episodes.

Record ratings for the cable channel: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/09/lost-girl-breaks-ratings-records-for.html

DS thread: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1351352

^ agree with alot of the opinions, it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be.

• Advertisement

Anyone gonna watch episode 2 tonight?

yeah i'm going to be watching it tomorrow, and see if it's worth continuing on with.

I'll watch episode 2 later :-)

just finished watching it. it's not bad. at least it's not driven by special effects. means it will concentrate more on the story.
    gonna keep on watching it. i can see the finale already shaping up to be about Bo's parents probably

Ep. 2 wasn't bad, again...it gave me enough to watch the third episoe tonight. I must try get Basquille and Mr. E to watch this and see what they think.

Ep. 2 had more banter and humour, which wasn't a bad thing. But the main story was kinda dull, Anna Silk is a sexy succubus seductress!

• Advertisement

Thoughts on episode 3?

turning out to be a bit episodic, but it's still interesting. gonna keep it up anyway. what did you think of it?

Ep. 3 was OK, they are injecting more humour and banter into the scripts...not a bad thing. Got some ratings numbers for ep. 3:

The third episode of new Canadian supernatural drama Lost Girl was found by 185,000 at 7 and another 144,000 at 8:40 p.m. on Showcase.

I'm taking this show one ep. at a time, as of now it deserves one more episodes viewing. I hear people saying it's got a Wheadon-esque vibe....not sure about that?

No new episode this Sunday, week hiatus...returns October 17th. I've been snooping the net and this show is starting to garner more attention in forums and blogs, it's very cultish right now and under the radar but it is slowly building momentum.

Ep. 4 was pretty good as well, a stronger central story and some nice sexy succubi scenes, threesome anyone? :-)

Kenzi is growing on me week to week, stunning eyes!....little firecracker!, she's become alot more fun and is the comic relief, the show itself has kinda loosened up and the actors more settled into characters now.

While it is ultra low budget this in turn forces the writing to make up for things, sometimes they hit and sometimes not, but overall it has kept my interest and if i can say...yeah i'll watch next week then it;s given me enough, which this show has.

To anyone thinking of givig it a shot, if you're a fan of genre/culty shows it might entertain you.

Woot!...new episode tonight people!

oh goodie jumper.gif

wonder why it took time off :confused:

^ last Sunday was a Canadian holiday, ergo Showcase did a marathon of the first four eps.

Excellent episode!!...best of the season thus far, had a good central story + back story on Bo and her parents. The dialogue on this show is pretty good, whitty dialogue and great banter between Kenzi and Bo.

Liking this show more and more. ...LOVED Cassie! "what up homies"....she was right outta Tarrantino's Kill Bill.

Ep. 6 tonight, at this stage i think it's fair to say i'll watch the entire run, i've been enjoying at alot...a true underdog show if ever there was one. I'm fairly confident it'll get picked up for a second season.

just caught on the last 3 episodes. forget they were on my hard drive :o

i just loved the oracle. she was so ditzy and just didn't imagine her to being a fae. almost like a piss-take of the creatures, acted like a human would :D

looking forward to tonight's episode :) hope it gets picked up for a second season. really deserves it and as i said in the other thread, it does have some really funny moments.

• Advertisement

episode 6 was very good. this is getting to be one of the shows i most look forward to every week. thought they didn't really explain the basilisk or whatever very clearly, and just seemed like it was there and then gone. would have preferred to have a bit more impact.

what did you think, richard? :)

I thought ep. 6 was vey solid, loved the Kenzi/Dyson scenes, and that blonde Fae doctor is SOO hot!, her and Bo are gonna get it on eventually!...it's been a very consistent and enjoyable show, i must try hip Basquille and Mr. E to this show, i'll be watching ep. 7 later on tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I watched the first one over the weekend, Rich... quite liked it actually.
    It doesn't hurt that Anna Silk is gorgeous either .... I'll be watching more.

Anyone else think Dyson is the spitting image of Chris Martin from Coldplay?

^ it gets stronger as it goes along, from ep. 3/4 onwards the interplay and screen chemistry of Bo/Kenzi really kicks in, along with the banter and whitty dialogue. I think the actors found there groove and bonded. Kensia Solo/Kenzi...her eyes are just stunning, they just pop out....i could lose myself in her eyes!

Mr E wrote: »
    Anyone else think Dyson is the spitting image of Chris Martin from Coldplay?
    I thought the exact same thing. except for the voice though, but it's still really weird.

i'll watch episode 6 when i go home later. got a good few things to watch along with the Walking Dead:D

So i finally caught up last night, watched ep. 7/8 in one go...both excellent episodes with again great dialogue and banter from Bo and Kenzi. I adore Kenzi!!!....she is the comic relief and she's just brilliant. They write her lines soo clever and whitty, i LOL many times in ep. 7 with her "cleansing" the house, using her East Eourpean accent, the outfit....she was funny as hell!

The whole spider story was good, ep. 8 - HOLY SH*T!!!!!!!....i've NEVER seen such sexually explicit scenes on tv like this!, remember this is not premium but basic cable, i know Canada gets away with more then the US, but it's normally added cuss words like "sh*t" or a bit of flesh.

But the opening scene of ep. 8 was as close to full nudity/HBO i've ever seen!, totally nude, arse, male + female, boobs on display...not side boob...everything but the nipple, they really pushed the boat out!

Ep. 8 was cracking, Bo got a fantastic weapon and it looked class, as did she suited and booted like Blade :-)

Vex was a very good character, he was 100% channeling Jonny Deep and Pirates Of The Caribean, the writing on this show has gotten better each ep. - they use the limited budget well, they use CGI only when the scene requires it, they have such a large array of Fae characters to choose from, and the acting is pretty damn good!

It's a well rounded underground show, it's grown to become one of my faves...in fact, after ep. 8 i have decided to upgrade Lost Girl to HD 720p!! :-)

i didn't really like Kensi at the start of the season, but she's really funny now.
    "I'm saving the world from robot hookers. you're welcome" :D
    this show is really gaining strength each episode. can't wait for the next episode

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Renewed for a second season!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/11/lost-girl-renewed-for-2nd-season.html

Thanks to the amazing outpouring of support that Lost Girl has yielded from fans across Canada -- which has translated into record-breaking ratings -- Showcase is proud to announce that the series has been renewed for a second season. Since the program debuted, it has consistently drawn over 700,000 viewers weekly, making it the number one scripted drama series across all Canadian specialty channels.

Season one of Lost Girl introduced viewers to Bo (Anna Silk: Being Erica, Billable Hours), a girl who learns she is a succubus, a creature from the world of Fae who live among humans. Bo refuses to choose an allegiance to either the Dark or Light Fae clans and her independence proves problematic for both sides, threatening to topple an age-old system. She embarks on a personal mission to unlock the secrets of her origin.

Season two will challenge Bo’s resolve to stay free and force her to question her own morals and beliefs. While Bo grows stronger and learns more about who she really is, relationships will be tested and passions will ignite, but answers will not come easily. Through it all, Bo will remain true to herself and loyal to those she trusts as she continues to forge a path of her own in a dangerous world. Ksenia Solo (Life Unexpected, Renegadepress.com) will return as Bo’s human confidante Kenzi, and Kris Holden-Reid (Ben Hur, The Bridge, The Tudors) returns as homicide detective Dyson.

Lost Girl was developed by Prodigy Pictures, in association with Shaw Media and Showcase.

Copied From: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/11/lost-girl-renewed-for-2nd-season.html#ixzz157CQKTvQ
    Thanks for linking back. It really helps our site. Please leave the above link in.

:D:D

score!
    you've made my day, richard. thanks for the news :)

• Advertisement

whiteman19 wrote: »
    :D:D

score!
    you've made my day, richard. thanks for the news :)

I literally did a fist pump when i read the news! :D

http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/tv/2010/11/12/16108761.html

Enough TV viewers have found Lost Girl that a second season has been ordered.

It was announced on Friday that the Canadian supernatural series, which airs on Showcase, has been picked up for season No. 2.

Production on the second season will begin this spring and air on Showcase in the fall of 2011. Lost Girl stars Anna Silk as Bo, a succubus from the world of Fae who is living among humans. Ksenia Solo plays Kenzi, Bo’s human confidante.

Showcase calls Lost Girl its “No. 1 series”, as it attracts more than 700,000 viewers weekly.

“We are so proud of this homegrown hit and it’s a thrill to renew it for what is sure to be a spellbinding second season,” said Christine Shipton, Shaw Media senior VP, in a statement.

Advertisement