Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplemental Exam Results

• 22-08-2010 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi.

I have a repeat on the 2nd September and was wondering when the results are out?

It's a History of Art module if that makes any difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Last year mine was out the week before freshers week. I do a science course though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Dante

While we're on the subject of supplementals; since the date for registration payments is due before the date the supplemental results come out, if I pay the €1585 and end up failing my repeats and consequently decide to drop out, do I get a full refund or whaa?

...I do not enjoy asking this :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

While we're on the subject of supplementals; since the date for registration payments is due before the date the supplemental results come out, if I pay the €1585 and end up failing my repeats and consequently decide to drop out, do I get a full refund or whaa?

You've already FAILED with that attitude.

Mammy will have to pay fees for your first year in DIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Scrappychimow banned for two weeks for repeated trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 FlameOne

You don't pay anything until you pass the supplementals and know that you will be definitely going into the next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

So repeat exam results should be out around the 13th September??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

Last year results were up at 4pm online on the fri after the exams finished. So if its the same this year that would be the 17th.

Regarding the money thing, I was told that you get a refund if you pay your fees but fail your exams. I have to pay the 8000 fees, not sure about the reg fee but im sure its the same.

Not planning on failing my repeat exam though:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

FlameOne wrote: »
    You don't pay anything until you pass the supplementals and know that you will be definitely going into the next year.

Yeah, once the moneys been paid 5 working days before you register there's no problem. That's what I was told last year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Jegger

don't mean to high-jack, but what happens if you fail repeats regarding fees in the following year? Is it that you repeat the year paying full fees and then pay full fees for each college year after that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

JonGaffer wrote: »
    don't mean to high-jack, but what happens if you fail repeats regarding fees in the following year? Is it that you repeat the year paying full fees and then pay full fees for each college year after that?

Just the year you're repeating. Though God knows what it'll be like next year with the way the country is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Got an email yesterday saying my supp. results would be "published online" today. Anyone know where to go for this? Tried the student portal, and checked my email, nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Got an email yesterday saying my supp. results would be "published online" today. Anyone know where to go for this? Tried the student portal, and checked my email, nothing...

Click on your faculty here:

https://www.tcd.ie/Examinations/Results/vpexamresults.php

A list of all the people who passed/failed are put up there. A break down of your marks is put up somewhere too I think. Duno where.

According to the 'dates of publication' link, no results are being put up today until 2pm/5pm depending on your course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

"Not Yet Available"

Argh. C'moooonnnnn.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

bythewoods wrote: »
    "Not Yet Available"

Argh. C'moooonnnnn.

Your results date might be different to Neurotics though. Click on that last link and theres a pdf with all the dates/locations of publication.

Does anyone know if they give out all the results online at the same time as theyre published in the college? Or do we even get them online at all?

coyle wrote: »
    Your results date might be different to Neurotics though. Click on that last link and theres a pdf with all the dates/locations of publication.

Does anyone know if they give out all the results online at the same time as theyre published in the college? Or do we even get them online at all?

Nah, doubt it, seeing as we're in the same class :P
    I'm so impatienttttttttt

And according to an email we got yesterday, the results were posted on college noticeboards yesterday but were being released online today.

The fact that I'm 3 hours away from said noticeboards and very much so bed-bound meant I had to wait... stupid Trinity.

My class got ours today. 7 ppl have to repeat. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Friday for me, I'm faily sure I'll be completely bald and my crank habit will be out of control by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

Larianne wrote: »
    Jysus, what year are ye in?

Larianne wrote: »

That sucks :(
    8 people failed in our class. I still haven't seen my result... but I wasn't on the viva/ fail list so I'm going to have to assume I passed until further notice...

EDIT: YES! Passed, thank FUCK!

Gerty wrote: »
    Jysus, what year are ye in?

was 1st year exams.
    bythewoods wrote: »
    That sucks :(
    8 people failed in our class. I still haven't seen my result... but I wasn't on the viva/ fail list so I'm going to have to assume I passed until further notice...

EDIT: YES! Passed, thank FUCK!

Yay, Go you!! :D

My class is small though. Only about 40 something. Plus 4 have already dropped out. There'll be no one left!! :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement