Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheap engagement rings

• 13-04-2006 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know of any good jewellers in cork who does nice diamond rings at a reasonable price. Have a budget of €500.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

i just got engaged and went looking for a ring with a budget of 1000 and i ended up paying over 3 times that. you will be doing well to get one for 500 quid. when you see the nicer rings its very hard to spend your money on sumthing very cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Psychic Lady

oh my god! No i would stick to my budget as i don't feel comfortable wearing expensive jewellery so i'd be delighted with a ring which is cheap enough but expensive looking at the same time.

I've seen a few in H. Samuel alrite but i want white gold and they one i like is gold so thats why i'm seeking other jewellers!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I'm sorry, but white gold is one of the more expensive metals, it's nearly always more expensive than yellow gold. Having seen my sisters' engagement rings, I'd imagine anything under €1000 hard to find, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

ye lady im not kidding u would be doing well. the best u can get is platinum and 2nd best is white gold. let me know if you get a nice 1/2 carat for less then 500 quid. maybe 1/4 of 1/4 carat haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

blahblah06 wrote:
    ye lady im not kidding u would be doing well. the best u can get is platinum and 2nd best is white gold. let me know if you get a nice 1/2 carat for less then 500 quid. maybe 1/4 of 1/4 carat haha
    There is not a hope in hell of getting a nice looking platinum ring for €500.00 IF you have more to spend, spend it and just take care of your ring so nothing happens to it. Its a once off purchase (usually) so I'd spend as much as you can.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Psychic Lady

I've spotted a few nice white gold rings in H. Samuel for under €500!!! Though i've taken in what some of you have said and I think I mite hold off for a while and get one that I really like when can afford to pay more for it after all it's for life! Thanks for all the advice!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Go into some of the smaller independant Jewellers i.e the ones that make/repair their own pieces. They usually have engagement rings starting from €400. The quality of the diamond may not be the most auspicious but it is really the sentiment that is behind it.

These Jewellers can keep roughly within your budget and make the style of ring you are looking for. You just may have to wait a few weeks for it.

Oh and by the way congratulations on your engagement!!!

Advertisement