Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Just a reminder that no speculation on court cases are permitted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/11710.php

What's this about Danny Barnes? See the last two paragraphs. I never heard a peep about this but maybe the case was in camera?

It was in the paper last week, very strange case, I'm absolutely stunned that it's on the Munster website. Google "danny barnes wexford" and have a read but probably not appropriate for the rugby forum.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

wprathead wrote: »
    Heya lads so how likely will it be that musgrave be sold out on sat? A gang of us be heading down and wondering if possible to pay at gate?
    Cheers
    I'd buy your tickets now, this is the biggest game in Musgrave since the redevelopment of Thomond, no one is really going to be sure how soon it will sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

It was in the paper last week, very strange case, I'm absolutely stunned that it's on the Munster website. Google "danny barnes wexford" and have a read but probably not appropriate for the rugby forum.

Yeah I just looked up a few articles.

Strange by Munster Rugby to issue a statement on it, then again they were themselves accused of negligence.

.ak wrote: »
    Just a reminder that no speculation on court cases are permitted.

Just in case you missed it. Posts deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Clareman wrote: »
    I believe the way the loan works is that he can be called back whenever they want him and while he's with Bath both clubs pay his wages between them, so as he'll still be getting something from Munster the Irish tax still counts, I assume his past few salaries wouldn't be in his top 10 for yearly salaries so he'll be fine anyway.

My comment was in relation to Thomond's hope that Stringer gets a contract with Bath. Strings definitely has a few years in him, injury permitting, but is there a place for him to play on professionally in Ireland, which is what he needs to qualify for the tax break, unless a deal with a foreign club was more lucrative than the tax rebate?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

.ak wrote: »
    Just in case you missed it. Posts deleted.

I think the court case is over, it was settled out of court

Riskymove wrote: »
    I think the court case is over, it was settled out of court

Regardless, the details of the case have not been made public, and regardless if they are or not SPECULATION is ground for libel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

Tomtom364 wrote: »

Probably DOC too since he didn't feature much during the six nations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Had the breakfast today with ROG, DOC and Zebo... ( well they sat at my table :P )

Anyhow got my tickets today for the game Saturday, North Terrace only though, was rather puzzled to hear the whole of the east terrace is for the supporters club ( that's what was said in the Munster Shop in Cork )... This is my 4th game in Musgrave this year and first time I've heard of it. Was standing there for the Scarlets game in Novemeber and got soaked :P

Looking forward to a big performance from Munster.. Glad to see O'Connell back... Would like to see Sheridan and Keatley get a chance together. Was in Thomond for the Ospreys game and felt Sheridan played very well for his first start, William's came on with 20 mins to go and was mile's behind the game, so heres hoping for Cathal!

I think the decision to let Stringer stay in Bath could mean Sheridan has convinced the management that he's good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 The Peoples Captain

I think the decision to let Stringer stay in Bath could mean Sheridan has convinced the management that he's good enough.

In fairness, it shouldn't take much to convince the coaches that he's better than Williams.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,598 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Any word on a contract extension for Stringer? Could this be his last season with Munster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Hi all, so we know Leinster have had a lot of in/out goings this summer..
    Apart from Conway is there anyone else on the way in
    And who's on the way out..I heard Henry to Connacht and WdP is leaving but anyone else!!
    And will there be retirements..and who will be on that list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

brinty wrote: »
    Hi all, so we know Leinster have had a lot of in/out goings this summer..
    Apart from Conway is there anyone else on the way in
    And who's on the way out..I heard Henry to Connacht and WdP is leaving but anyone else!!
    And will there be retirements..and who will be on that list
    Not sure on full contracts but hearing Rory Parata and Greg o Shea could be in the academy next season.

Saw this on twitter that Munster are trying to sell some land at Musgrave to help fund the redevelopment of the ground. Will be interesting if they actually do get to sell it

ormond lad wrote: »
    Not sure on full contracts but hearing Rory Parata and Greg o Shea could be in the academy next season.

Saw this on twitter that Munster are trying to sell some land at Musgrave to help fund the redevelopment of the ground. Will be interesting if they actually do get to sell it

Says something about increasing the capacity to 9,300.Isn't it 9,251 at the moment?

Eod100 wrote: »
    Says something about increasing the capacity to 9,300.Isn't it 9,251 at the moment?
    but that includes a development of temporary stands. This would be permanent.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/rugby/downturn-halts-munsters-musgrave-park-stand-plans-145691.html

but that includes a development of temporary stands. This would be permanent.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/rugby/downturn-halts-munsters-musgrave-park-stand-plans-145691.html

Ah gotcha. Wonder would it lead to more Rabos being played in Cork? Probably not yeah?

Eod100 wrote: »
    Ah gotcha. Wonder would it lead to more Rabos being played in Cork? Probably not yeah?

I doubt to be honest. Anyway Munster are locked in to a certain number of games in thomond for the next while by the 10 year season tickets they sold during redevelopment so I doubt Cork can get many extra games.

• Advertisement

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/matchcentre/20553.php#.UUxKdBfIaM5

Cathal Sheridan, Ivan Dineen & James Cronin added to Munster Squad for Heineken Cup!

WTF is the story with Stander????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Poor Stander has had such a tough season of rugby that they're letting him rest through the H Cup obviously!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Poor Stander has had such a tough season of rugby that they're letting him rest through the H Cup obviously!

Haha excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭No, you're a...

Something is definitely amiss here. What's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,175 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Munster could only add 3 players - with Earls out Munster needed a centre. And with Strings in Bath, needed another scrumhalf. Third position has to go to front row.

Stander wasn't needed as Munster have loads of backrows and Tommy O'Donnell has been a revelation this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,175 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Something is definitely amiss here. What's going on?

Coughlan was delisted when he got injured, but got fit quicker than expected so had to be relisted and so took a possible spot in January.

Think its just a lot of young guys all competing for a few places and Stander arrived late in the day and then got injured.

The other note from the additions is that Bath have added Strings to their Amlin Squad. Good for him but bloody frustrating to think we played Williams over him for a lot of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

jm08 wrote: »
    Coughlan was delisted when he got injured, but got fit quicker than expected so had to be relisted and so took a possible spot in January.

Think its just a lot of young guys all competing for a few places and Stander arrived late in the day and then got injured.

And how do you think Stander feels about this?

The last thing they want is him getting fed up and becoming a Sykes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LorcanN

Very strange re Stander. Don't buy that he just didn't make the squad because we needed a centre etc. Must be some story behing this.

• Advertisement

Well Munster did need an outside back with our injury issues (LOD, Zebo, Earls) and Sheridan is in because he's ahead of Williams in the pecking order now. Cronin comes in because you can add an extra prop, so Munster may as well add someone.

Is this a bad sign for Stander? It's hard to say, since I would prioritise getting in Dineen and Sheridan over Stander. Munster are healthy in terms of available backrows.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement