Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 money card (prepay credit card)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Is this real? This is someone you actually know, right?

http://www.o2online.ie/o2/o2-money/faqs/#buyone
    How do I top up my Card?

After you have entered your O2 Money Code online, you can top up your card by transferring money from your bank account to the card, in any O2 store or Payzone outlet. Bank account transfers are the cheapest way to top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,180 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

JackieChan wrote: »
    I have a Nigerian associate who wishes to transfer a large sum of money to me once I give him some personal details.... could he 'topup' my O2 card? I don't see anything on the O2 site relating to this.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dr_Herringbone

I was buying 3v credit the other day and the guy in centra recommended the O2 card to me.

My 3v card is mainly used for buying records off ebay and discogs, many of them from the US and UK.

As these are paypal transactions, would these dollar and sterling transactions incur the 2.75% fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Hmm O2 are charging 8 euro tax on this for me tomorrow, but i have nothing in my account, they've asked me to top up so they can charge me, anyone know if there will be any negative effects (for me) if i don't bother topping up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

I'm in the same boat and I'm not topping up. No effing way. They can charge me next time I top up.

• Advertisement

so I didn't top up, and...
    Hi

Further to our email of 22 July 2011 regarding the Government Stamp duty fees on your O2 Money card, we have attempted to collect the amount owed from your card.

Unfortunately because your balance at the time of collection was €0.26 we could not collect the full amount. The amount collected was €0.26, leaving €2.24 outstanding. In order to pay the full Government Stamp Duty you need to top up your O2 Money card. The remaining fee will then be taken from your card.

I had a feeling they would wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 NiallerMc

has anybody used this when over in america yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭MapForJ

Aug2009 wrote: »
    As long as you dont use it abroad or using foreign currencies or in ATMs it isnt too bad i guess. They do charge you to top-up though.

Nobody has yet beaten my card (Bishopstown Credit Union) €1 a year and no other charges. You can use it abroad, in ATMs - everywhere really - without charges. Some ATMs charge but it is written on the ATM so just avoid those and go to ones without the charge. Of course if you use a different card abroad you will be charged regardless.

The challenge is out there for everyone - Can anyone beat the Bishopstown credit union card? I have done my homework and I cannot find one.
    can it be used online and do you have to live in that area to get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I'm off traveling for the year in 3 weeks and was thinking of getting the O2 card before I go. I already have a BOI account which I will be using but I was going to get the O2 card to have if we need to book accommodation, flights etc as we go along.

Should I bother? I know there's charges for using it abroad but I'm not really arsed opening an Ulster bank account to get the same privileges.

Has anyone done this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

I thought this sounded great until I read the costs. 4.99 to buy it. €1 to take money out of ATMs. :eek:

I got a card that does everything I need and i dont have to pay anything like the charges O2 have on their card. (Mine is from credit union in Bishopstown.

I like the 02 advert though - it is cool with the magician idea.:cool:

Did you have to have an account in bishopstown credit union?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Aug2009

Resend wrote: »
    only for members?

It is available to members but its not that hard to join - the same as opening a bank account. THe only thing is that you have to be living in Cork or studying there. If you can make any connection to the are you can join. A friend of mine recently told them that they work for Boston Scientific and they could join. Boston Scientific have a place in Cork but my friend worked in the Galway branch at the time and was only down for the day. They had no way of knowing as the ID card just says Boston Scientific. In this day and age though there should be no restirctions for joining a financial institution like Credit unions. If you read the papers it sounds like it might be changing so fingers crossed folks

you'd want to be a magician to pay the fees:D

The o2 card is robbery - I agree

booboo88 wrote: »
    Did you have to have an account in bishopstown credit union?

Yeah it operates from your current account with them which they call a link account. I use it for everything now.

MapForJ wrote: »
    can it be used online and do you have to live in that area to get one?

Sorry folks for not answering the queries - been really busy lately.

Yes, I have used it online. Just looking at my account from the last few weeks - I have used it on PayPal, Debenhams, motor tax online, boardsdeals, livingsocial.com, ryanair. everywhere really.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jazzkamiden

Quick question, if I buy a money card online and use my phone credit to pay, do I need to top-up my phone by at least €25? Because I know it's €5 to buy the actual card, but isn't there a min. card top up of €20 right then and there? I really don't want to top up by €90 euro unless I know for certain I have to... Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭ANSI

Yeah it operates from your current account with them which they call a link account. I use it for everything now.
    you have to live/work/study within their common bond to get one

02 told me there is a 2.50 govt charge if used online as online is POS too. is this right?

say there is a euro left on 02. Is that added to the next top up?

example
    euro on card
    top up 20 euro cost 20 99
    balance then 21

ANSI wrote: »
    say there is a euro left on 02. Is that added to the next top up?

example
    euro on card
    top up 20 euro cost 20 99
    balance then 21
    Yes that is correct.

Anybody notice this? From Feb 14th, you can put €5 on these cards! And you can add funds in increments of €5 too! Its great :D

http://www.o2online.ie/o2/uploads/pdfs/terms/services/Changes%20to%20Terms%20and%20Conditions%20O2%20Money%20Card.pdf

Yes that is correct.

Anybody notice this? From Feb 14th, you can put €5 on these cards! And you can add funds in increments of €5 too! Its great :D

http://www.o2online.ie/o2/uploads/pdfs/terms/services/Changes%20to%20Terms%20and%20Conditions%20O2%20Money%20Card.pdf

Thanks I have one now and happy with it. Yes got email re new t/c's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Yes that is correct.

Yea lowering the top up requirements is great!

Also card to card transfers are now 30c instead of €1 and you can top up to 50K annually instead of 10K, haha, like any of us will need that, well maybe some will, you lucky basterds! :mad:

• Advertisement

CyberGhost wrote: »
    Yea lowering the top up requirements is great!
    only thing is stilll 5 euro to tranfer from 02 card to bank AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Don't understand why O2 can't make it easy to top up online, just like topping up your phone. Would actually use my card if it was.

ANSI wrote: »
    only thing is stilll 5 euro to tranfer from 02 card to bank AFAIK
    Yeah, but you can always just take it out of an atm for €1.

Yeah, but you can always just take it out of an atm for €1.
    on to the card from an atm or in cash? cash no good for online buying

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MulliganStew

Maybe a dumb question but, can you top up by cash in an 02 store? Ive €300 cash and Im wondering do I need to deposit it into my bank account 1st? This would be the 1st time Im signing up for the card, so Im wondering will they actually let me do that.

Maybe a dumb question but, can you top up by cash in an 02 store? Ive €300 cash and Im wondering do I need to deposit it into my bank account 1st? This would be the 1st time Im signing up for the card, so Im wondering will they actually let me do that.

yes in an o2 store, or any other store which supports o2 Money.

its a pay as you go credit card.....

Just head into any o2 shop and ask for a card. Tell them you want to put €300 onto it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Ron Weasley

..Probably a stupid question guys but how long does it for money to be refunded to the card :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,180 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

..Probably a stupid question guys but how long does it for money to be refunded to the card :D

Depends on the bank who took it but normally 3-5 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Would you be able to set up an apple developer account with one of these does anyone know?

Advertisement