Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Boards Better Body Super Challenge!

• 17-03-2014 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭

This was ran last year ? anyone up for it for 2014. just in time for the summer I think

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Great idea. I'm a big fat mess at the moment and need some pressure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i'll do stuff and then write about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭holdfast

me too stench blossoms, i need to stop crying about my fat body while eating mars .

• Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

What is this challenge you speak of?

I guess it going to be weight loss for 90% of the population, search for last year thread. Same name as this year.But it can be open to what ever goal people have

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

holdfast wrote: »
    This was ran last year ? anyone up for it for 2014. just in time for the summer I think

Great idea. need a bit of group motivation. I'll follow this and contribute if it gets up and running this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,147 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I have a specific number in mind for my weight. I want to be 13 stone on the button and want to hit it before I head on holiday in July.

Right now I'm 14 stone. Reckon I'll jump in here and see if I can do it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

If it is anything like last year you will have four or five pages of posters saying it's an awesome idea and then two or three posters actually bothering their hole to do it.
    :D

Zamboni wrote: »
    If it is anything like last year you will have four or five pages of posters saying it's an awesome idea and then two or three posters actually bothering their hole to do it.

im definitely guilty of that last year, and probably even the year before but i'm already exercising regularly now so that hurdle is already stumbled over. all I have to do is keep doing what i'm doing and occasionally write things about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Zamboni wrote: »

But there was probably some following but not posting. Let's be positive. If we got 10 people posting a goal and updating on a weekly basis it would still be worth it I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭00MARTZ00

Whats involved?

00MARTZ00 wrote: »
    Whats involved?

think you just put your measurements/weight/starsign in the thread and then update it week by week/whenever as the challenge goes along with whatever exercises and stuff you were doing

--edit

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83184996

oh, it's apparently more involved than I remembred.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

im definitely guilty of that last year, and probably even the year before but i'm already exercising regularly now so that hurdle is already stumbled over. all I have to do is keep doing what i'm doing and occasionally write things about it

Me too... I was just thinking this morning I should have a goal though. Love the exercising but sometimes sleep wins
    *puts ben & jerrys away* >>

When are we starting so

• Registered Users Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I'll join in if this happens towards end of month/March. Swole is out of control at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,147 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I'm definitely in!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Sangre wrote: »
    I'll join in if this happens towards end of month/March. Swole is out of control at the moment.

Aw yeah I'm going on hols for 3 nights at the end of march/early april. I'll find a local gym be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Extra Motivation , Be Grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 OscarBV13

I am well up for this! However, I probably won't be posting as I am not really interested in posting up starting and weekly measurements, etc. that were required in last year's thread. Also exercising five times a week - It is not convenient for me right now, nor do I want to, as I have something else which I must prioritise.

I would just much rather post how I am getting on. However, regardless, I shall follow with interest.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

OscarBV13 wrote: »
    I am well up for this! However, I probably won't be posting as I am not really interested in posting up starting and weekly measurements, etc. that were required in last year's thread. Also exercising five times a week - It is not convenient for me right now, nor do I want to, as I have something else which I must prioritise.

I would just much rather post how I am getting on. However, regardless, I shall follow with interest.

The general weight loss thread in the Nutrition forum might be better suited to you so.

OscarBV13 wrote: »

I don't plan on exercising 5 times a week. Be graaaaaand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 OscarBV13

The general weight loss thread in the Nutrition forum might be better suited to you so.

Possibly. I like the whole idea of an eight week challenge though like this thread knowing that there are other people struggling through it with me.

You're probably right though. I was just suggesting (half aimed at a post earlier in the thread) as to why so many people declared their interest last year and didn't follow through.

Either way, I'm excited to get in the best shape of my life!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Stonypockets

I am marking my commitment right here, right now!

I left a very active job to go back to college last September and within a week broke my foot - rather than trying to stay active I consoled myself with chocolate and s**t food! I was a bit blue what can I say? So now I'm really blue and 2 stone heavier as a result! I need to do something about it! :)

Gonna have a look at last years forum to get an idea of what is required and I will get started this week! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I'd like to do it, but I just read the rules.... It's complicated, but I suppose I could do with structure! What's the start date?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ohiknow

I'm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

I'm in too!

jlm29 wrote: »
    I'd like to do it, but I just read the rules.... It's complicated, but I suppose I could do with structure! What's the start date?
    Its overly complicated imo. I don't see why it is necessary to specify how often someone works out etc. It should be about results. Not everyone has the same amount of free time or flexibility with their schedules.

I would think the concept is its a personnel goal for everybody. With the benefit of support/advice from the group.

Could the mods make this a thread to start next Monday the 24th to run till Friday 23rd of May, please.

Its overly complicated imo. I don't see why it is necessary to specify how often someone works out etc. It should be about results. Not everyone has the same amount of free time or flexibility with their schedules.

Just noticed there are rules on junk food and alcohol consumption as well. Fuuuuuuck that.

I'll be getting shredded chugging protein vodka with The Situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Just noticed there are rules on junk food and alcohol consumption as well. Fuuuuuuck that.

That's the bit that got me, I'm far too fond of the odd IIFYM day here and there. I'd never get anywhere near 2x my recommended intake though, as is 'allowed' in the rules.

:pac:.......Om nom nom!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭rofno1

Right I'm in too. Have about 1 stone to lose & have half-assed tried over last few months. Clearly diet is issue.

Its on!!:pac:

Advertisement