Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 Games

• 11-03-2012 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

Doesn anybody know what I should do with my old PS2 games?
    Does anybody take them anymore?
    Should I just freecycle them at this stage?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I'd keep them for nostalgia.

Other than that, you could sell them on Adverts.ie, or donate them to a charity shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I'd keep them for nostalgia.

:D I've been doing that too long already.
    Plus nostalgia is great and all, but it takes up space when you are moving to a smaller place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

On Adverts you can get €5 a piece for the more popular titles. Some rare games will sell for more but most games you'll only get a couple of quid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Fire them up on eBay or give them to me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Id try hold onto them especially your favourites. I had about 80 and got rid of about 30 it was a bad decision. If u have storage space hold onto them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I held onto mine. Happy I did so now. Recently installed a PS2 emulator on my PC, and have been playing all my old games. It runs them perfectly.

dlofnep wrote: »
    I held onto mine. Happy I did so now. Recently installed a PS2 emulator on my PC, and have been playing all my old games. It runs them perfectly.

Any Idea what the system requirements are?
    There are one or two I might consider playing again, but like who is to say they won't be on Steam or PSN for a few euro....
    tonydude wrote: »
    Id try hold onto them especially your favourites. I had about 80 and got rid of about 30 it was a bad decision. If u have storage space hold onto them

My PS3 doesn't run them though.
    Why do you feel it was a bad decision?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Not sure to be honest - my PC is geared for gaming. I think any decent gaming rig would play it just fine. When you download the emulator, you'll also need to get the bios files for it. You can dump them from your PS2 - or alternatively, the bios files are available on the usual places if you search for PS2 bios.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 sports_

Does anyone, remember the old ssx tricky best game ever

Always have it in my head that games I have played and finished especially the unique storys and plots ive come across have made me the gamer I am today. Hopefully I can pass them onto my children or further generations. Might sound a bit too much but I remember replaying terminator 2 on the commodore when I was in my teens and loved it then as when I first played it, games from the previous generations seem to age well when you combine how nostalgic they are to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

what I did when I had about 100 ps2 and original xbox games was instead of get rid of them I just got rid of the cases, and put the dics on a spindle I got with some blank dvds, if you just want the games but want the space its the handiest way to do it, unless you're a completist an want the boxes and manuals.

sports_ wrote: »
    Does anyone, remember the old ssx tricky best game ever
    Was looking at my ps2 collection last year and opening the case of this and was devasted to find it missing, I ended up buying a second version again but was scratched to bits. I eventually found it hidden in a dvd case. What a game, it got me though the end of summer holiday blues every year..........hmmmm welcome to garibaldi

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Preserve your discs in digital form!

Last thing you want is to have a disc scratch or just "die" so you can never play it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Have loads of PS 1/2/3 GAMES. Will be moving this year and dunno what to with them. Never really use the PS3 but will probably regret getting rid of the games if i get rid of them :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

krudler wrote: »
    what I did when I had about 100 ps2 and original xbox games was instead of get rid of them I just got rid of the cases, and put the dics on a spindle I got with some blank dvds, if you just want the games but want the space its the handiest way to do it, unless you're a completist an want the boxes and manuals.
    I've done something similar with the games I wanted to hold on to. The others I sold on adverts.

With HD remakes becoming increasingly popular I feel less and less inclined to hold on to old stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I tend to hold onto game now as I think I will play them at some stage in the future, especially games I really liked. The problem is that many don't hold up so well and when I go back it just doesn't feel like a good idea. In some ways I feel the memory is worth holding onto more than revisiting the reality....thats even true for current Gen games. I loved the darkness back when it first came out, but it really doesn't hold up so well. I will honestly never play it again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

Doesn anybody know what I should do with my old PS2 games?
    Does anybody take them anymore?
    Should I just freecycle them at this stage?

Thanks in advance.

Depends what ya got :-),any good rpgs : )?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Have loads of PS 1/2/3 GAMES. Will be moving this year and dunno what to with them. Never really use the PS3 but will probably regret getting rid of the games if i get rid of them :confused:

any rare rpgs in your collection?

Depends what ya got :-),any good rpgs : )?

Define Good.....

That DragonQuest which they released. FFX, XII. in order of descending quality.
    Nothing obscure anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭lasersquad

d'Oracle wrote: »
    That DragonQuest

If you`re freestyling I`d definitely take that...lost it somewhere on my travels. Totally broke so could give Halo 3 (don`t laugh :)/few quid/good word in exchange...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,693 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm closing this thread, adverts.ie is for selling, not this forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement