Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

have yet to get bag, books, uniform etc. the effort of life!

Just realised that I forgot about that and have random bits to make about half a uniform :pac:
    I'm bored of 6th year already.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Getting my uniform bits in town tomorrow. I've changed my mind. F this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

o hai.
    I'm back on Monday and I've bought nothing. Also just realised I was supposed to read a novel for the comparative >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Namlub wrote: »
    o hai.
    I'm back on Monday and I've bought nothing. Also just realised I was supposed to read a novel for the comparative >_>

Surely you can manage a novel in 6 days?!

Surely you can manage a novel in 6 days?!

I could if I had actually bought it yet :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Dying to go back, not in til the 14th! Then again, haven't been in school since 2009 so the novelty will probably wear off after a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Balance is key to a good Leaving Cert, everything in moderation. Too much stress and you'll have a horrible year, you'll be freaking out before/during exams and too little stress and you'll...well, do nothing (although you probably need motivation then, not stress).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Jimmy Magee

Once you're in 6th year you will begin to realise how easy you had it in 5th.

Best days of your life though...

Once you're in 6th year you will begin to realise how easy you had it in 5th.

Best days of your life though...
    If I'm going to have the best days of my life in sixth year that's pretty depressing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Jimmy Magee

If I'm going to have the best days of my life in sixth year that's pretty depressing...

Figure of speech. They are quite enthralling though and most are sad when they leave. You may not miss the work but you'll probably miss the camaraderie of the classroom and the corridors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭NSNO

Figure of speech. They are quite enthralling though and most are sad when they leave. You may not miss the work but you'll probably miss the camaraderie of the classroom and the corridors.

And the huge amount of 18th birthday parties.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

NSNO wrote: »
    And the huge amount of 18th birthday parties.... :D

oh my god i cant even think of them!! i'll be broke :( dont think my parents would like me to either with all the money they'll have to save college-wise :/

still.... some good things are gonna come from this year...such as leaving :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭icedtea

I nearly killed myself during 5th year.... now for really putting the last nail in my social life's coffin.... oh the joys

Ending the summer with a massive throat infection. Just greaaat.. :(
    I've to go to town tomorrow morning now to get my stuff. I'm actually not able!

As for the 18ths, I'll only be turning 17 on the first so I won't be able to get in to any. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

As for the 18ths, I'll only be turning 17 on the first so I won't be able to get in to any. :mad:

I won't be 18 until next May so I won't get in to any either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

icedtea wrote: »
    I nearly killed myself during 5th year.... now for really putting the last nail in my social life's coffin.... oh the joys

Stop, I remember how depressed I was last October and I've a feeling that I'll be the same way this time next week! It'll be fine though, apparently it just flies by and of course we all have each other here to confide in! :D

Sure it's got to be done, I suppose.
    Sooner we get it over with the better. We'll be grand, I hope. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

It's only 9 months of sheer hell :P then college :D
    Any of ye know what ye want to do in college actually? I really have no idea..

Early years care & education in CIT I think. Three years, and stay on a fourth for honours degree. Then I can open a play school. ^-^

I used to want to be a teacher though.. I'll probably change my mind again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

Hey, my name's Nicole, I've been informed in 5th year that I've had "my sixth year freakout" after Christmas:pac:

I have bought 12 4 colour pens....at 0.64c for two. :) Sometimes I feel people spend more time on here than actually studying xD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

hoping to go to DCU to do business with french!! but i'm open to anywhere i can do that really :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Any of ye know what ye want to do in college actually?

Drink so much I forget the entire English syllabus? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Think of it like this, the majority of the people we pass in the street have done it, it's basically a rite of passage before adulthood (which in itself is horrifically scary). Okay maybe that wasn't as encouraging as it was meant to be :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Lads

Lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Pffffffffffft.

It's Lads.

:pac:

Bunch of no-good lurkers >_>

Pfft I was addressing my fellow LC'ers you oldies! Now away with you nothin' but studying going on here!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

M&S* wrote: »
    Pfft I was addressing my fellow LC'ers you oldies! Now away with you nothin' but studying going on here!:P

:eek: Respect your elders and don't pfffft me..! :P

Youth of today.. 'tis shocking! :pac:

• Advertisement

:eek: Respect your elders and don't pfffft me..! :P

Youth of today.. 'tis shocking! :pac:

Ciara! :( Don't do this to me, you know I've been patient with you and respected you right along the way! Be supportive of me (and everyone else) at the start of this stressful year! :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement