Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will I ever find him? ** Charlie home safe!! **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭puss

ziggy23 wrote: »
    He was reunited with his family tonight.

Do you mean Charlie or the other dog?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

puss wrote: »
    Do you mean Charlie or the other dog?

The other dog Oh god I'll edit that now don't want people to think he's back when he's not:(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Still crossing fingers for Charlie xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭puss

RubyGirl wrote: »

Looks like his owner has found him..
    Poor Charlie must be still missing. Fingers crossed for Charlie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭awman

Hi everyone,

I just want to say thank you all so much. I'm completely overwhelmed at how kind you all are, i'm so grateful to you all for trying to help me find him. Unfortunately neither of those two dogs posted are Charlie. The dog that was found in Listowel is a young dog and he is neutered. The dog found in Balbriggan got my heart racing when I seen the pic cause he's so like Charlie but unfortunately its not Charlie him. He has been reunited with his owner. so the search continues :( .... he'll be missing 4 weeks on Thursday. Very hard to stay positive when that amount of time has passed but I'd just like to sincerely thank every single one of you that have posted words of encouragement here on boards. I really really appreciate it.

Charlie has been found!!! Just seen it on facebook:D:D:D
    https://www.facebook.com/missinglabradorcharlie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭tk123

:D Yaaaay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

Awman, I'm so delighted for you and Charlie. You must be made up. Fair play for never giving up on him!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Wooop! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dudmis

OMG - soooo happy ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Amazing news, delighted for ye all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Great news, glad he's home. Any idea where he was for the last month?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Yay!
    Yay! Yay! Yay!

Every time this thread has updated in the past few days I've dreaded opening it because the ongoing trauma for awman was hard to witness. So this is the BEST NEWS EVER!
    Delighted for you awman! Spoil that Charlie fella rotten! Looking forward to hearing the bits of his story you've managed to piece together!

Yay!
    :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Brilliant news :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

Just read through the whole thread..

Have to admit I feared the worst but I'm delighted he is home :D:D:D:D:D

welcome home Charlie :):)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

DBB wrote: »
    Yay!
    Yay! Yay! Yay!

Every time this thread has updated in the past few days I've dreaded opening it because the ongoing trauma for awman was hard to witness.
    You and me both DBB! My fingernails were down to the quick. :D
    So this is the BEST NEWS EVER!
    Delighted for you awman! Spoil that Charlie fella rotten! Looking forward to hearing the bits of his story you've managed to piece together!

Yay!
    :-)
    +10000 Great news Awman. Really cheered me up to read it. Good oul Charlie. The bas... divil. He's had us all going. :) So good to know he's back with his family. May I suggest paying off your local butcher, leave Charlie inside and close the doors for ten minutes... :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭awman

We finally found him!!!!! I cant believe i am actually typing this. Was so sure I'd never see him again but he's here lying on the mat beside me in front of the fire now... and i just cant believe it!!! I got a phone call today from an elderly lady who lives about 3 miles from where I live. She said her daughter had been walking and had seen a dog in a derelict (sp?) house that looked like my dog. I was at work and couldnt leave so I rang my sister and she drove straight over. She rang me saying the dog was still there and he looked alot like Charlie but he kept running away from her. So I grabbed everything, left work and drove over the road like a mad woman. When i got there and seen the dog I actually thought at first that it wasnt him. He looked so different but as soon as I seen his face I knew it was him. It took a bit of coaxing to get him to come to me but when he did it was amazing. He buried his head in my arms and I literally bawled my eyes out. He's a quarter of the size he was and is very shook but brought him straight to the vet and the vet said that he should be ok with plenty of TLC. I'm still in shock that we've actually got him home with us again. I really cant believe it.
    I just want to say how grateful I am to everyone here at Boards for all the words of encouragement. When I felt there was no hope of ever finding him again there was always someone on here telling me not to give up and to keep searching for him. Only for all those words of encouragement to keep trying to find him, I probably wouldnt have him here beside me now. Charlie means the world to me and I cannot express how grateful I am.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Wipes manly tear from eye. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I hope the vet stuck a microchip in him. Also, I like the idea of paying off the butcher and letting him run wild!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Taceom

So so pleased for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Oh my god I'm so happy for you. You can spoil him now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

That is such great news awman, made up for u & charlie!
    Really hoped this would end well. Best wishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Fantastic, I am so happy for you both guys! I'm sure he's delighted to be back home. Awww such good news. Boardsie hugs!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Omg im actually crying here for you, as i know what it was like when we found our dog after she went missing, so i know exactly how you feel. Im so so happy for you. Give Charlie a big hug from all of us. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

My heart was breaking for you as each day passed and I logged in and checked this thread.
    Am so delighted for you both, this is just the best news :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Just read through the whole of the thread and i was expecting the worst. What a nice ending though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

That is great news! Been checking this thread and the facebook page everyday! So happy for you I'm actually crying :D Welcome home Charlie :D

Awman I'm sorry I should have waited for you to post but when I seen the status on Facebook I got so excited:D:o Am so thrilled for the little Munchin I wonder what he got up to! I'd say your other dog is delighted to have him back too:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

O my God - I am bawling here with happiness!!
    I have prayed EVERY SINGLE DAY that this would happen and in my heart I felt it would! But still I can't believe it has happened!!
    Big big big hug to Awman and to Charlie - enjoy every second of your reunion:):):):):):)

Advertisement