Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Introduce yourself

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Hold an occupation with Veolia but my occupation more involves operations in the Netherlands.

Also I'm a student...

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Conway635

I'm the poster formerly known as Aquavid.

No direct connection with transport operators, but I would be speaking to them from time to time while covering their activities for the trade magazine Coach & Bus Week (CBW) a UK based publication.

C635.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Transportuser09

Commuter with BÉ and IÉ for many years now (I vary which of the two operators I go with every few weeks, just so not I'm stuck looking at the same scenery every day of the year!), don't work for any transport company/group though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

I've been putting this off for long enough and am now putting a partial confession on record. Public transport user (mainly rail) for more than 40 years; ex.member of IRRS/RPSI/ITG/WISRA/GSRPS.....for the rest you'll have to wait for the imminent book. Oh and I have just joined this group: Save Ireland's Rail Network - Abolish Irish Rail Now on Facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=117098984972045&ref=mf :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

i comment on a few threads in commuting & transport so decided to put my cards firmly on the table! i travel quite a lot by rail bus and even by taxi but,

i have no affiliation with any transport company organisation or group but may be turning into a trainspotter of sorts due to finding much of the history of transport(not just rail) and the current state of transport in ireland so interesting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭GM071class

I run a Photo site, Irish_Motive_Power
    and a youtube channel, Irish_Motive_Power_Youtube

I have a love for the Railways, Locomotives, older stuff really, oh and I've got a hatred for Railcars, and a passion for the 071's (still nearly go weak at knees at the sound of em';))

Not allowed back on IRN for some reason (I mean that, I actually don't know why)

Travel by rail alot, both here and Europe, and i sometimes Cycle......

I think's that's everythin'!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭strassenwo!f

Victor, you were a bit slow updating us on your recent inclusion into the platform 11 fold.

I'm sure you will have a rapid rise to the top.

What is your current status in the organisation. And, is it something the readers of the board should know about?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Conflict of Interest: None, aside from being a user of public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I thought I had posted here long ago but obviously not.

No conflict of interest. Work in accounting for a non transport industry.

Ex long term user of Dublin bus and odd time DART. Little need since I finished college and walk/cycle/drive everywhere.

Strong interest in DB operations, notably south Dublin, Dun Laoghaire and N11 corridor routes as well as IE.

Interest in most mechanical aspect of transport (buses, trains, ferries etc) as well as policy.

Model railway enthusiast, particularly IE stock. :)

oh, and I hate Trevor Patton, he's a stuck up, arrogant bastard even when just having a pint in the local :mad: (used to live in Dalkey)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Irish Rail-traffic
    And no I'm not the devil.:D
    Fair and balanced opinion is what I'm for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Victor, you were a bit slow updating us on your recent inclusion into the platform 11 fold.

I'm sure you will have a rapid rise to the top.

What is your current status in the organisation. And, is it something the readers of the board should know about?
    Hi,

Apologies, I don't read every post.

Yes, I joined Rail Users Ireland at the start of 2009 and became Local Liaison Officer at the AGM earlier this year. I thought that was all public knowledge, I even got a few congratulatory PMs from people here. Certainly its no secret that I have been campaigning on transport issues for years. I never belonged to Platform 11 in that incarnation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭jd

Commuter with a yearly bus/dart ticket (taxsaver)

Travel quite a bit up and down to Wexford, also to different places around Ireland (fishing!)

Have some interest in transport but no qualifications in the area,did engineering in trinity (not civil)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Added to my membership of the RPSI i'm now a member of the ITG too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I'm just a regular train and bus user who occasionally posts here.

Have no affiliations with any organisations whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

lord lucan wrote: »
    Added to my membership of the RPSI i'm now a member of the ITG too.

There's really no hope for you! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭buzzwell

Probably apparent from my past outbursts, I run a transport business, and have a taxi licence.

There is no real organization in the country to which bus operators are members of, so I put up some info here if I think it may be of use to others in the same field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 GiddyUp86

Occupation: Off Street Enforcement Officer (For scangers that means CLAMPER) Will most likely be a taxi driver come April 2011

Views: I can see my house from here! and some taxi's!

Correction: Bleedin' loads of taxi's

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭med1

member of bcdr working member rpsi

founder of website http://irishtransport.yuku.com/directory
    irish road passenger forum for enthusiasts workers etc to discuss the current transport users in ireland

also run the fotopic site http://diograisimbusagustraeinrailsection.fotopic.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭thebigmc

Hello, I'm an Architecture student, but I don't consider that a conflict of interest

I'm a Cycle commuter around Dublin and would like to see a widespread increase in cyclists and decrease in private car use across the city.

I've lived in Amsterdam and would like to see Dublin learning some bicycle related lessons from the Dutch, where everybody cycles a bicycle, whoever they are

I own a few bikes and I travel by rail and Dublin bus occasionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭baileye

I am involved with Hit The Road

Hit The Road is a journey planner for Dublin, we search Dublin Bus, DART, LUAS, and we plan on having all forms of public transport available soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭micka

Operations and Finance Director at GoCar CarSharing Ltd. Ireland's only 'pay as you go' CarSharing company. Operating in both Dublin and Cork.

See www.GoCar.ie for more info.

Mike Newham.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I thought I had posted here long ago but obviously not.

No conflict of interest. Work in accounting for a non transport industry.

Ex long term user of Dublin bus and odd time DART. Little need since I finished college and walk/cycle/drive everywhere.

Strong interest in DB operations, notably south Dublin, Dun Laoghaire and N11 corridor routes as well as IE.

Interest in most mechanical aspect of transport (buses, trains, ferries etc) as well as policy.

Model railway enthusiast, particularly IE stock. :)

oh, and I hate Trevor Patton, he's a stuck up, arrogant bastard even when just having a pint in the local :mad: (used to live in Dalkey)

Update: Newly Registered member of ITG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭overshoot

occupation-student and a waiter/barman
    views - bike faster in dublin, car faster everywhere else
    no ties to any transport companies/campaigns

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭reggaeman

BusEireann driver. But hopefully it will be Privatetized and we will get a more professional Managment Team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 great1

currently not employed, bored and trying to keep sane (fighting a losing battle)...anyone got a job for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

great1 wrote: »
    currently not employed, bored and trying to keep sane (fighting a losing battle)...anyone got a job for me?
    Experience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 great1

Victor wrote: »
    Experience?

chance would be a fine thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EoghanGetthere

I develop GetThere.ie

Timetable information for major transit providers in Ireland. Carsharing and carpooling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭galwaycyclist

I work in IT for a very large multinational

I am a member of the Galway Cycling Campaign
    I am a South of Ireland Rep for the Cyclists Touring Club
    I am also an editorial board member of the Bicycle Helmet Research Foundation www.cyclehelmets.org
    I am a member of the Army Reserve which precludes me from involvement in party politics
    (I drive a red van when not cycling)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Blackvault

I'm a student, currently doing a Computer Science degree at Queen's Belfast.

Advertisement