Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No boarding pass coming back - Aer Lingus

• 17-04-2011 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I just checked in online on aer lingus and have generated my boarding pass.
    However there only seems to be one sheet for my departure.

There doesn't seem to be a pass for my return back to ireland.

Should there have been another pass generated for my departure back
    or will the one pass do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

How long after your go is your flight back? If it's within a certain amount of days, you can print off both passes in one go, otherwise you have to check in for your return trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

the flight will be the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭pauraic1990

You have to do online check in again for the return sector. the online check in for the return sector is open 30 hour before your secheduled departure time of your return sector

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Is your flight in a few days or something?

I thought that say you're allowed check-in up to 15 days before departure right, and your outbound flight is in 15 days time so you can check-in for that, but then your inbound flight is in 16 days so you can't check in for that? Is that what happened?

I've checked in online both outbound and inbound so long as they are within the time you can do the checkin for, e.g. if you're only going away for a week or two weeks. Perhaps you didn't do the checkin for the return sector? Try it again and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭pauraic1990

tinkerbell wrote: »
    I thought that say you're allowed check-in up to 15 days before departure right, and your outbound flight is in 15 days time so you can check-in for that, but then your inbound flight is in 16 days so you can't check in for that? Is that what happened?

You are mixing up with Ryanair and yes Ryanair open the online check in 15 day before departure. The OP is flying with Aer Lingus so the online check in open 30 hour before departure however Aer Lingus do have advance online check in which it open 30 day before departure but for this service, it only work for those passenger who paid to reserve the seat. So this mean if the passenger didnt choose to reserve the the seat then this advance online check in won't work for them. They can do the online check in during the 30 hour before departure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 SarahBrenbot

I am flying to Amsterdam next monday and already printed off my boarding pass for going but am unable to get the return boarding pass for coming home to dublin 5 days later.. Do i have to wait to get them until the day im going? As in do i have to wait to print the return boarding pass until its less than 30 hours before i go?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

You can't use web check-in from Amsterdam. You check in old school style at the airport.

Web check-in is currently available on the following routes:

All flights between Ireland and the United Kingdom.
    All flights from Ireland to Continental Europe.
    All flights between Ireland and the USA. Flights operated by our codeshare or interline partners are not eligible for online check-in.
    All flights from Alicante, Athens, Barcelona, Berlin, Bilbao, Bologna, Bordeaux, Brussels, Bucharest, Budapest, Catania/Sicily, Copenhagen, Corfu, Dubrovnik, Düsseldorf, Faro Algarve, Frankfurt, Fuerteventura, Geneva, Gran Canaria, Hamburg, Helsinki, Ibiza, Izmir*, Lanzarote, Lisbon, Lyon, Madrid, Malaga, Marseille, Milan/Linate, Munich, Nice, Palma Majorca, Paris, Perpignan, Prague, Rome, Salzburg, Stockholm, Stuttgart, Tenerife, Toulouse, Venice, Verona, Vienna, Warsaw and Zurich.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I am flying to Amsterdam next monday and already printed off my boarding pass for going but am unable to get the return boarding pass for coming home to dublin 5 days later.. Do i have to wait to get them until the day im going? As in do i have to wait to print the return boarding pass until its less than 30 hours before i go?

AFAIK, you cannot print off a boarding flight for a return flight from Amsterdam. In Amsterdam airport go to the Aer Lingus check in zone. Towards the end on the left as you come in the doors if I remember corectly. There are machines there, just scan your passport and you will get your boarding pass.

If you are checking in your bag you get your boarding pass from the machine and then go to the desk to drop your bag. If you need to do this give yourself plenty of time as it can be slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

sorry to drag up an old thread, im flying bilbao-dublin saturday (anyone who knows me here will know why please keep it secret!!!)
    anyways 1)I have no return flight details at all....returning 12 hours later on Sunday morning oops, realised im flying ryanair home hahaha
    2) I cant check in without purchasing a seat, which I thought would just be assigned to me.

question two has been figured out from this thread so thank you but i have no idea on the return flight............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

So, err, what's the actual question?
    sorry to drag up an old thread, im flying bilbao-dublin saturday (anyone who knows me here will know why please keep it secret!!!)
    anyways 1)I have no return flight details at all....returning 12 hours later on Sunday morning oops, realised im flying ryanair home hahaha
    2) I cant check in without purchasing a seat, which I thought would just be assigned to me.

question two has been figured out from this thread so thank you but i have no idea on the return flight............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

yea in the end there wasnt actually one i was just being stupid!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

yea in the end there wasnt actually one i was just being stupid!!

Thread now closed.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement