Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ghost recon future soldier

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

rashers10 wrote: »
    I'm not sure it lacks polish. I think the Multiplayer is a bit glitchy but I think that they will hopefully smooth that out over the next few weeks (remember how BF3 was the first week it came out).

The animations are buggy as hell, cut scenes look awful (lip movement when up close with faceshots (the moscow reporter) and sounds cutting on and off when shooting guns/ explosions going off). Also, the game has been constantly glitching out on me, especially at those door sequences where the 4 of you stand in a circle. The AI sometimes get stuck somewhere and i'm unable to leave the "action" circle. :(
    What features are missing? It's got full co-op campaign, good variety of multiplayer modes and a really compelling Hoard type mode.
    Ok, something like Terrorist Hunt in Rainbow 6 would be nice but hopefully they can do that as DLC.
    The lone wolf/ team deathmatch gametype is one. Larger and more maps.

Don't get me wrong, i still love this game, there's just little problems that annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rashers10

My biggest problem would be the cheesy jingoistic campaign. It's got no style or grace and is borderline racist in some places (pretty much everyone with an accent or not speaking English is up to no good).

But I didn't buy it to play the single player. I rarely play the campaign in shooters. Can't bear all the 'oo rah!' bulls%$t.
    I played about 30 mins of Black Ops and BF3 campaigns and never ever started MW3's campaign (And I'm 10th prestige in the multiplayer!).

My biggest problem would be the cheesy jingoistic campaign. It's got no style or grace and is borderline racist in some places (pretty much everyone with an accent or not speaking English is up to no good).

But I didn't buy it to play the single player. I rarely play the campaign in shooters. Can't bear all the 'oo rah!' bulls%$t.
    I played about 30 mins of Black Ops and BF3 campaigns and never ever started MW3's campaign (And I'm 10th prestige in the multiplayer!).

The campaign in this is alright, it's not terrible but it's no gears of war/ halo campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

aaaaaand here comes the "competitive multi player is EVERYTHING" people ...... <leaves thread>

Sigh, kids these days. :rolleyes::(

hightower1 wrote: »
    aaaaaand here comes the "competitive multi player is EVERYTHING" people ...... <leaves thread>

Sigh, kids these days. :rolleyes::(

Wow. Don't be such a douche. I'm just having a chat with someone here saying that I hate all the silly dialog in most shooters.
    Here comes the forum troll more like.
    Loads of shooter campaigns I love... Gears, Battlefield Bad Company, Halo, etc.
    Don't presume.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

about two thirds through the campaign and have to say its very refreshing to play a shooter that has a tactical element, it is a very good single player game. Strange to hear so much negative statements coming out of a high standard game tbh.
    Great locations/a.i. and very atmospheric with the sony headphones.

p.s. its the top selling game overall in the u.k. over the weekend(www.joystiq.com)

Glad to hear it's selling well. It deserves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Wow. Don't be such a douche. I'm just having a chat with someone here saying that I hate all the silly dialog in most shooters.
    Here comes the forum troll more like.
    Loads of shooter campaigns I love... Gears, Battlefield Bad Company, Halo, etc.
    Don't presume.

if youre mainly coming for multiplayer surely you should rent the game first, just an opinion. But the single game is the main pull of this type of game as its not an out in out shooter. Countless people complain about CoD and the likes for not having much of a story. I for one enjoyed the campaign and have little interest in multiplayer at the moment, maybe i should have rented it too :rolleyes:

I don't like renting games. Feel under pressure to get through them really quickly. If I don't like something, I'll trade it for credit really quickly and you are not down too much money (wonder if we'll still be able to do that next year?).

Anyway, I don't deliberately avoid the single player shooters for the sake of it. It's a certain Micheal Bay type atmosphere that I don't like. I think the first few paras of the EG review sums it up:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-22-ghost-recon-future-soldier-review

By the way I love lots of single player stuff RPGs, action/adventure, driving. I'm not some online FPS only nut.

Anyway we are getting off topic here. Does anyone know if they have DLC planned and if it's going to be maps and/or game-modes.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

I don't like renting games. Feel under pressure to get through them really quickly. If I don't like something, I'll trade it for credit really quickly and you are not down too much money (wonder if we'll still be able to do that next year?).

Anyway, I don't deliberately avoid the single player shooters for the sake of it. It's a certain Micheal Bay type atmosphere that I don't like. I think the first few paras of the EG review sums it up:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-22-ghost-recon-future-soldier-review

By the way I love lots of single player stuff RPGs, action/adventure, driving. I'm not some online FPS only nut.

Anyway we are getting off topic here. Does anyone know if they have DLC planned and if it's going to be maps and/or game-modes.

Yeah dlc in June somestime artic map pack supposedly with Tdm in it ,

Anyway I think the game is ruff as fook poor graphics even at the intro ,
    People say the sound is great but is only 2.0 surround sound

Single player is full of bugs in certain missions , and some require no skill auto aim seems to be always on ,,

Waited along time for this 5 years since graw2 and this is the best redstorm came up with ,

Mutiplayer is idiot proof tutorials everywhere people , intell grenades yeah real stealthy ffs ,

Graw2 had 16 player coop bigger maps
    Smoother gameplay
    Custimisations in your own lobbies ,

In grfs the sniper is useless no maps big enough to snipe bit like cod ,

To me it seems low budget in comparison to other gr games other ubisoft games and redstorm games ,

But I don't knock anyone for enjoying it
    Fill your boots ,

But if you get graw2 give us a shout it's the only shooter game I'll be playing on a console or maybe bf3
    And arma3 on the pc when it comes put ,

• Advertisement

This turned into a complete lagfest for us tonight and it seemed ok at the weekend and earlier in the week?
    Anyone else having problems?

I've been trying to play this game online, I haven't been getting lag, but i'm always on team feckin bodark, it was fun for the first 5 or so games, but when you're stuck as them for 3 hours straight, it gets annoying. :P

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Had been looking forward to getting this, may hold off a few weeks to see how the servers issues sort themselves out.

Sub-standard to have servers problems on release, Diablo 3 is the same.

Pretty much on par for anything with Tom Clancy in the title
    Helix wrote: »
    have had it since the week before last, but im embargoed until 9am est tomorrow
    really brief summary: it's fcukin great
    Is that a technical term?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

<rant>

I think the campaign is great, prefer the stealth/tactical approach, guerilla mode is cool but tough at times.....multiplayer can be extremely frustrating. Its impossible to have a decent match without mics for communication. I constantly end up on a team of lone wolves and that just ends in sheer slaughter. I mean like for such a tactical multiplayer game, no-one communicates and no-one helps with objectives. From reading on the forums alot of players are looking for TDM because they are playing objective based modes as if it were a TDM.

Alot of my LIVE friends haven't even bothered with it so its extremely difficult to experience a decent multiplayer match.

Send me a FR if interested in playing GRFS. GT is Cremkie

</rant>

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Delboy007

I having been playing this game online since it came out and I was enjoying it until the last while, I am sick of playing it with people who do not use there mic, not playing the objective etc. So I thought there has to be other people out there feeling this too.

I would like to set up a Clan that would like to play with people who will play as a team. If so send me a friend request or post your games tag here.

My gamer Tag is fatboy6361. I am on XBOX

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Really tempted to get this for pc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

Under barrel grenade launcher is OP.
    Assault out classes everything.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

....But I didn't buy it to play the single player. I rarely play the campaign in shooters. Can't bear all the 'oo rah!' bulls%$t.....
    I'm going to assume that you never played Delta Force: Blackhawk Down or the :Team Sabre expansion pack then?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Whats the multiplayer like guys?
    I watched a stream yesterday and it looks decent, then again Ghost Recon oline looks better and is going to be free to play.

Dcully wrote: »
    Whats the multiplayer like guys?
    I watched a stream yesterday and it looks decent, then again Ghost Recon oline looks better and is going to be free to play.

Other than what I mentioned in my above post it's very fun,especially with full party playing objective.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So whats the pc version like?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So whats the pc version like?

Was a few streams up on twitchtv lastnight for it, looks decent.
    Maybe check some streams out, always helps me out before i consider buying a new game.

Ya will do,some people on another forum were saying it was buggy console port,A.I Issues etc,so was just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

paddyzk wrote: »
    now true at all.

Arawn wrote: »
    now true at all.

Elaborate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Well every class has something to trump the other me and the lads constantly run stun claymores uav field comp etc if yours in a well organized team doesn't matter what you come up against character wise as youll have tje advantage. Besides the vector in cqb is death

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

The grenade launcher is only overpowered due to the fact its knocks you over. Its not too much of a problem if your behind cover when you get knocked down. It does get a bit annoying though when the entire other team are constantly firing them

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Delboy007

Other than what I mentioned in my above post it's very fun,especially with full party playing objective.

Hi

I am looking for a party of people to play this game with that play the objective, i love this game but am getting sick of playing it with people u run around them slef. I play on xbox gag tag fatboy6361

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Pc gamers should stay clear of this shooter go to the ubisoft ghost recon future soldier pc forum and have a look at all the complaints
    Console gamers are constantly complaining on the official forums
    I bought it played it for a bit ,
    Hated it , plays nothing like graw1,2 or any other gr for that matter .
    It's trying to be something it's not .
    From a long time fan it annoys me that the original gr team approached ubisoft and asked could they start work on a graw2 sequel and were basically told to get fooked .
    They were going to make a game to appeal to other shooter fans . Ie gow/Cod .

Anyway good luck trying to enjoy this low budget kinect game .
    Absolutely gutted

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

Pc gamers should stay clear of this shooter go to the ubisoft ghost recon future soldier pc forum and have a look at all the complaints
    Console gamers are constantly complaining on the official forums
    I bought it played it for a bit ,
    Hated it , plays nothing like graw1,2 or any other gr for that matter .
    It's trying to be something it's not .
    From a long time fan it annoys me that the original gr team approached ubisoft and asked could they start work on a graw2 sequel and were basically told to get fooked .
    They were going to make a game to appeal to other shooter fans . Ie gow/Cod .

Anyway good luck trying to enjoy this low budget kinect game .
    Absolutely gutted

well i love the game
    probably because i have mates that play it with me though, so its a hell of alot more fun

but kinect is only used in 1 part of the game, its not even vital to have it so its not really a kinect game

but on the other hand i do think they hyped up this game way to much
    was dispointed with it
    but worth the money has replay value
    more so then mw3

Advertisement